Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company (39341 Views)

Data reseller / Nigerian Entrepreneur Unveil Team-oriented Social Network. / The Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10 Million Toy Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 11:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
iluvpomo:

The same tribe where there is the highest number of kidnappings, armed robberies etc ??
I don't hate .... I believe in 1 Nigeria. What has Biafra propaganda achieved? Join hands in making 1 Nigeria greater for everyone

With all these your hate and abuse you still believe in one Nigeria

Why are you confused ..I don't want this to be tribal and don't Derail this tribe ..I am warning you for the last time and please don't quote me again

Where are the assassins found where is soka who was the juju asserting rep man

Pls we are talking economy here not your tribal hate

What has it benefited you

This is a fresh year so OKs
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
all4naija:
That is coming from a Nigerian who limits himself to local territory because he thinks money is what business is all about! You are just not the type of person I admire. So burger off!
dude does not understand that there is world out there where the likes of Google are paying as much as $10,Billion to buy up startups every month... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 11:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
2sExy1:
I am experiencing same though currently typing from my pc. But I think I need to revert back to my qwerty phone for easy typing.

What ever rocks your boat

Use PC use phablet use smart phone wetin concern me...

I have cleared you ...

Good night

Got early day tomorrow
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 11:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
all4naija:
That is coming from a Nigerian who limits himself to local territory because he thinks money is what business is all about! You are just not the type of person I admire. So burger off!

I doubt if you have ever been into business before

How can an able bodied man say business is not all about money. .

Dude in capitalist economy business is all about profit making ..ask Facebook and Microsoft

How can you say such

If you don't make money in businesses how do you handle your overhead

Are you running a charity facility ?

Why am I discussing this with you..such a funny reason

Did you ever came across basic economics in secondary school

Change your orientation

There is no free lunch even in Freetown
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
tonychristopher:

What ever rocks your boat

Use PC use phablet use smart phone wetin concern me...

I have cleared you ...

Good night

Got early day tomorrow
lol... this dude is one hell of a pained ass... wetin I talk wey dey pepper u?
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
tonychristopher:

I doubt if you have ever been into business before

How can an able bodied man say business is not all about money. .

Dude in capitalist economy business is all about profit making ..ask Facebook and Microsoft

How can you say such

If you don't make money in businesses how do you handle your overhead

Are you running a charity facility ?

Why am I discussing this with you..such a funny reason

Did you ever came across basic economics in secondary school

Change your orientation

There is no free lunch even in Freetown
Oh, please! To maximize profit doesn't necessarily mean it is all about money. A process most come into play before that money will continue to flow. Now, go back to that dark corner you crawl out of, bro!
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 12:00am On Jan 11, 2015
all4naija:
Oh, please! To maximize profit doesn't necessarily mean it is all about money. A process most come into play before that money will continue to flow. Now, go back to that dark corner you crawl out of, bro!

Grammar

To maximize profit isn't money then what is it...paper

Paper will pay your running cost

DUDE I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I WILL GIVE YOU BASIC BUSINESS PRINCIPLE AND IT IS THIS....

MINIMIZE COST AND MAXIMIZE PROFIT..THAT is the AIM OF EVERY BUSINESS UNLESS YOUR RUNNING AN NGO..

if you had been my staff ..with this mentality i would have sacked you straight away

How can you reason like this
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 12:03am On Jan 11, 2015
2sExy1:
lol... this dude is one hell of a pained ass... wetin I talk wey dey pepper u?
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Grammar

To maximize profit isn't money then what is it...paper

Paper will pay your running cost

DUDE I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I WILL GIVE YOU BASIC BUSINESS PRINCIPLE AND IT IS THIS....

MINIMIZE COST AND MAXIMIZE PROFIT..THAT is the AIM OF EVERY BUSINESS UNLESS YOUR RUNNING AN NGO..

if you had been my staff ..with this mentality i would have sacked you straight away

How can you reason like this
I don't think you get it. the reason why he is making the money is for the theme which is limited and if he doesn't innovate that money to pay for running cost won't come. Make use of your brain for once, bro!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 12:12am On Jan 11, 2015
all4naija:
I don't think you get it. the reason why he is making the money is for the theme which is limited and if he doesn't innovate that money to pay for running cost won't come. Make use of your brain for once, bro!

Dude

Your run in circles

Take it leave it

In a capitalist setting like Nigeria ..the basic aim if any business is just profit as simple as that ....

Let me help you out a bit

You can say that he can plough back or reinvest a percentage if his profit for research and development that would be understood but i think you are finding it a bit hard to present your views

Profit is the main aim of ant Enterprise
I am just done
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Dude

Your run in circles

Take it leave it

In a capitalist setting like Nigeria ..the basic aim if any business is just profit as simple as that ....

Let me help you out a bit

You can say that he can plough back or reinvest a percentage if his profit for research and development that would be understood but i think you are finding it a bit hard to present your views

Profit is the main aim of ant Enterprise
I am just done
You are the dumb person here. It is not all about money when you can't innovate to keep the business running. Money alone doesn't make the business which is different from profit(that is old capitalist idea) while leaving out of factors which influence the profit like demand, taste, innovations(which can affect the two former factors), etc. You are still talking about profit yet forget about economics 101. Please, you aren't talking about real world phenomenon! You are only running around what you read from the 10th grade economics book!
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:40am On Jan 11, 2015
KingAdeOluomo1:
saw ur site good work bro keep it up

tnx bro , I'm really grateful smiley
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by iluvpomo(m): 1:02am On Jan 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

With all these your hate and abuse you still believe in one Nigeria

Why are you confused ..I don't want this to be tribal and don't Derail this tribe ..I am warning you for the last time and please don't quote me again

Where are the assassins found where is soka who was the juju asserting rep man

Pls we are talking economy here not your tribal hate

What has it benefited you

This is a fresh year so OKs
If I quote, wetin you go do? Gather your killers??
All tribes have successfull business-men so stop claiming "Igbo-power". This is why Nigeria is far behind because you continue to think along tribe anytime you see a thread on NL .... or in life.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 11, 2015
all4naija:
That man never understand what you mean by innovation.

Tell him what if the dolls could talk and sing or be pre-programmed to call the owner's name and wake her up in the morning... what if the dolls could dance... or even teach basic kindergarten lessons, recite poems for kids etc ? Dude isn't seeing what you are seeing but temporal money...*the I don hammer syndrome* grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by catalano: 6:21am On Jan 11, 2015
He recalled that immediately after his secondary school education at Igbinedion Secondary School, Benin City, his sole ambition was to travel to the United States to seek the proverbial greener pastures, and never exactly planned to venture into the toy business.

Though this guy is made now but he shouldnt add salt and maggi to his story, i grew up in benin and was in secondary school too at that period. Igbinedion Secondary School, Benin City was meant for the kids with the richest parents then and from his account it seems he was a struggling kid. so why the conflicting charaters?
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 6:31am On Jan 11, 2015
all4naija:
You are the dumb person here. It is not all about money when you can't innovate to keep the business running. Money alone doesn't make the business which is different from profit(that is old capitalist idea) while leaving out of factors which influence the profit like demand, taste, innovations(which can affect the two former factors), etc. You are still talking about profit yet forget about economics 101. Please, you aren't talking about real world phenomenon! You are only running around what you read from the 10th grade economics book!

Stop making a fooool of yourself repeatedly ..how can you keep a businesses running without making money ..you can't run a business in a long time successfully if it is not making profit which is money..

I am thinking that you must be a Yoruba man with by his reason cos their business approach is queer and you have displayed that weird businesses approach

How can a matured man say that business is not all about profit. Ok run a charity organization
Your a disgrace to eduction system
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 6:34am On Jan 11, 2015
2sExy1:
That man never understand what you mean by innovation.

Tell him what if the dolls could talk and sing or be pre-programmed to call the owner's name and wake her up in the morning... what if the dolls could dance... or even teach basic kindergarten lessons, recite poems for kids etc ? Dude isn't seeing what you are seeing but temporal money...*the I don hammer syndrome* grin grin grin grin grin grin

That is innovation and I know i made it clear to him which is research and development but the mab wants his dolls that way so l told him also that is a marketing strategy ..he doesn't want to copy just to be unique

Now many Teddy bears talk
How many Barbie dolls talk

I got mad with him when he said business is not about profits
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 6:36am On Jan 11, 2015
iluvpomo:

If I quote, wetin you go do? Gather your killers??
All tribes have successfull business-men so stop claiming "Igbo-power". This is why Nigeria is far behind because you continue to think along tribe anytime you see a thread on NL .... or in life.

Igbo has power ..where ate the all tribes your mention ..what is your tribe ..I know you cantvaay it
Igbo the tribes they fear and hold dear the most
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by iluvpomo(m): 7:14am On Jan 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Igbo has power ..where ate the all tribes your mention ..what is your tribe ..I know you cantvaay it
Igbo the tribes they fear and hold dear the most
Ha ha .... why you never rule Nigeria is because you eat each other before you eat other tribes.
Anyway, I don't care about tribes ... I care for one Nigeria. Look at the super Eagles, they have won trophies when they play as a one Nigeria team ..... #sayNoToTribalism

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by Boll2010: 8:46am On Jan 11, 2015
Balkan:
my brother Igbos don't think like that. We have seen president come from the six regions but SE. Tell me the state in Nigeria that is better than any state in The SE. I am an entrepreneur. I never thought of any salary work during my university days. I have never written application for job in my life. Telling you I have been successful might seem boastful but I give glory to God for creating me an Igbo man.

Any policy by any government against any Igbo business is killing the whole country and it will keep taking Nigeria back.
Proudly Igbo.
well may God expand your business
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by doe: 9:41am On Jan 11, 2015
Na toy import company. The unity toy is just a small part of is bigger business as Na oyinbo manufactured toys full the website.
But well done to the man for a great business.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Stop making a fooool of yourself repeatedly ..how can you keep a businesses running without making money ..you can't run a business in a long time successfully if it is not making profit which is money..

I am thinking that you must be a Yoruba man with by his reason cos their business approach is queer and you have displayed that weird businesses approach

How can a matured man say that business is not all about profit. Ok run a charity organization
Your a disgrace to eduction system
Who said you can keep a business running without money? Please, quote where I said that or remain silent like a zombie! You lack comprehension though. He needs to innovate to secure the business because it is not ALL about money. You really don't know a thing about what I am saying. It is not ALL about money and stop talking about profit if you don't know what it means. Learn to different money from profit for once. Profit at time is not even in monetary value, it could be in forms of bond, etc. One is generally a means to the other but through some processes. You are a daft person, dude!
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by internetpirate: 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
all4naija:
That is one of the reasons why some businesses don't last long. Another person with good innovative mind might take the stage and outdone him. The earlier he takes to innovative ideas for his toy business the better for him to secure it. It is not always about the money but about the future of the business.

I really don't get it when someone comments the way you just did. It was clearly highlighted that the fellow is a graduate of LBS, and that he transferred his knowledge into his business. Do you really understand what it means to acquire an MBA from LBS? How can you make comments about a business from the periphery? You are making a judgement based on little information and a picture, and trying to sound like an authority on business!! Please, try some modesty and learn when to give praise even when you suspect some misalignment- its the quality of a true gentleman, and a man who will succeed in his own personal endeavour!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by internetpirate: 7:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
all4naija:
Who said you can keep a business running without money? Please, quote where I said that or remain silent like a zombie! You lack comprehension though. He needs to innovate to secure the business because it is not ALL about money. You really don't know a thing about what I am saying. It is not ALL about money and stop talking about profit if you don't know what it means. Learn to different money from profit for once. Profit at time is not even in monetary value, it could be in forms of bond, etc. One is generally a means to the other but through some processes. You are a daft person, dude!

How did you come up with the assumption that he is not innovating? Do you truly know what innovation is? Have you read his business plan? Do you know what his projections are? Have you conducted a true market analysis to find out if there is a misalignment in his strategy? Do you know his market penetration strategy? What are his short-term, mid-term and long term plans? Bros, if you cant answer these questions. eat humble pie and zip that mouth! The only thing allowed right now is praise for the guy...criticism should be based on information!! Correct me if I am right!! Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
internetpirate:

How did you come up with the assumption that he is not innovating? Do you truly know what innovation is? Have you read his business plan? Do you know what his projections are? Have you conducted a true market analysis to find out if there is a misalignment in his strategy? Do you know his market penetration strategy? What are his short-term, mid-term and long term plans? Bros, if you cant answer these questions. eat humble pie and zip that mouth! The only thing allowed right now is praise for the guy...criticism should be based on information!! Correct me if I am right!! Lol
* facepalm* There is no innovation in what I have seen on that image. You are only begging the question. Please, stop making assumption as well. You i d i o t! angry lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
internetpirate:

I really don't get it when someone comments the way you just did. It was clearly highlighted that the fellow is a graduate of LBS, and that he transferred his knowledge into his business. Do you really understand what it means to acquire an MBA from LBS? How can you make comments about a business from the periphery? You are making a judgement based on little information and a picture, and trying to sound like an authority on business!! Please, try some modesty and learn when to give praise even when you suspect some misalignment- its the quality of a true gentleman, and a man who will succeed in his own personal endeavour!!!
You are simpleton indeed! Don't ask me irrelevant questions, you daft person!
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 7:42am On Jan 12, 2015
all4naija:

How can profit be differentiated from money ..this guy is daft .

Money in business maybe you tell me tomorrow capital is different from money

If I was your boss I would have fired you

Your there telling him to innovate ..you go and innovate yourself

Why are you dudes always criticising
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 7:44am On Jan 12, 2015
internetpirate:

I have given up on that boy

I told him that I would have fired him if he had been my staff ..his business orientation is leftist
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Built A $10m Toy Company by tonychristopher: 7:50am On Jan 12, 2015
iluvpomo:

Ha ha .... why you never rule Nigeria is because you eat each other before you eat other tribes.
Anyway, I don't care about tribes ... I care for one Nigeria. Look at the super Eagles, they have won trophies when they play as a one Nigeria team ..... #sayNoToTribalism

Now why must they keep hating Igbo ..my dear if you are not talked about your not making impact so I am always happy when they beat and rise up

Who cares about your one Nigeria mantra

Divided we still make money overseas
United we still make money on home turf

So I think lord for creating me Igbo

Oh if we eat people have they eaten me..I like it when they say that we eat people when I know its all lies it will make strangers not to come over to our land sue to fear and be partakers in our economy so making us to keep our local economy just for Us and we can go to theirs a take a large chunk of theirs

So keep peddling wrong info about Igbo while we keep moving forward

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! / Agro Export Training And Coaching Program - Reduce Your Risk To Barest Minimum / Loopers Club Ponzi Scam Finallly Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.