Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

An Open Letter To Multichoice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Open Letter To Multichoice (690 Views)

Help - My Wife Wants An Open Marriage / (photo) Oni Of Ife New Queen, Friends Exposed Are Dirty Runz Via An Open Letter / Multichoice Nigeria Not Reachable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Multichoice by tzoracle: 1:31am On Jan 10, 2015
This year would be the 8th year I'd be using dstv services in nigeria and although multichoice has tried to improve on some aspects of their paytv brand they stll leave a lot to be desired,there are some issues I would list out which I would like multichoice to look into
1.Troubleshooting: there is no dstv error code I haven't encountered over the years and these are very annoying,just imagine watching your favourite show your decoder trips comes on again trips like 2 to 3 times and without loading any channel comes on and tells you to clean your smartcard. This is a serious no no,what If I have guests over and your watching a big game and this happens this is very embarrasing.

2.Customer care: so when your decoder is having troubles and you can't access any dealer or agent you decide to contact the multichoice customer care center only to discover that your being charged for the call !,in most foreign providers such as sky and the likes customer care is toll free. Added to the fact that you resolve problems which you didn't create with your own credit you are put on hold if you want to speak to an agent. If mtn puts me on hold I don't really care but when I'm being billed per second it isn't really funny. The one that really got me was a certain day I contacted the customer care by 8:56pm whilst unbeknown to me they close by 9:00pm,I was put on hold for like forever so I cut the call,called back again and was told that the customer care was closed for the day,so if I hadn't cut the call all my credit would have been jacked.

3.Rating: the rating on most channels and programs is very inaccurate. A situation when a terrestial channel like mitv is rated 18 is uncalled for,Etv airs girls of the playboy mansion which gets a rating of just 16 where most times frontal nudity from the waist upwards is a regular thing.also mtvbase and soundcity leave a lot to be desired of their censoring most especially soundcity with words such as 4ck,booty,niggaa obviously audible and videos showing bodyparty for eg bj the chicago ft schoolboyq studio and kid ink ft usher and tinashe body language these videos have a lot of skin being flashed with no censoring whilst being rated 16.

4:lack of adult content: this has been hotly debated over the past years with several surveys carried out with no outcome.with the parental block available adult contents should be added to enable adult users get good value for their money.such channels such as playboytv,penthouse etc can be included as add ons or straight up

The list could go on and on but these are just the major issues,hopefully multichoice would rectify all these
Re: An Open Letter To Multichoice by Ranchhoddas: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Just talk say you wan watch mojo.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Multichoice by Bisjosh(f): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
^^^^^^^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Avoid Falling A Victim Of Circumstance / SHOCKING: Nigeria’s Child Street Hawkers - They Feed Their Families. / A-man-finds-his-bae-nude-photos-on-his-dads-phone-and-bring Drama On FB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.