Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction (11114 Views)

Most Common Gifts To Expect From An Igbo Or Yoruba Woman At A Wedding Or Event / Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / Common Yoruba Traditional Wedding Engagement List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by Ezibless: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
Redoil:
please define love

We've got different kinda love y'know
Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by Ezibless: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
PureLife22:

Why? because they might marry more than one wife?
I can sit here and list men I have met from more than 4 non-Edo tribes (by the way, Edo state is not homogeneous) that had more than one wife. Even those wey dey siddon for front seat for church.
Know the individual you are getting involved with and his family's background.

Lol
tnx
Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by aguizm(m): 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
Cpumping:

U shd really see the pictures. Its trad wedding pictures. Matching clothes, kissing, exchanging drinks
Aproko people everywhere. Y are u guys happy knowing that u are ruining someone else's marriage. I never knew the saying mind your business is so hard to observe.
Bad Belle Nigerians.

Spits ...

1 Like

Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by yorke1: 2:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
oseiwe:
I'm so sorry to tell you that your 'husband' is married to someone else in Nigeria. He just needs you to legalise his stay in America. I have seen numerous cases like yours.

You really need to grow up kid. How dare you jump into conclusion like that You want to destroy a home. You need to display a high level of tact next time when you see issue like this or you keep shot.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by harmony940(m): 2:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
It baffles me to see people junp into unverified conclussion,please the lady in question don't based your decision on a social media. Please verify and have a good prove before concluding......Have a blessed day!
Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by GoodFaith: 2:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hater and bitches
Nigerian men don't want to marry more than one wife
They want to F lot of toto
It take money to have more than wife
Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by GoodFaith: 2:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
findingtruth:
Hello
I am new here but hoping to find someone who can help me. I am not sure if this is the right section but let me try any ways.
I am an American woman and married my Nigerian husband about a year and a half ago. Recently i found pictures online of him and another woman of what appears to be a traditional wedding. I have googled Edo weddings and got some information. I have confronted my husband with the issue.
He has explained that he didn't marry the girl despite they are dressed in Orange beads and kissing that he done an introduction ceremony only so that he could pass from a boy to a man to gain other rights.
Sorry if this is not very clear as i know no technical words to describe this situation and don't clearly understand what has been done.
But i am hoping someone can explain to me how to tell if it was only an introduction or if it was a traditional marriage and how do i find out from the USA if he is married.
Thanks for any help

The first thing you need to do is be the best wife you can be
If you are a good wife the dude will forget about any woman in Nigeria
If you are helping him with GC don't use that opportunity to try control the relationship
If you do
You will pay for it
Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by nickxtra(m): 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
@findingtruth, pls now that you have gotten several conflicting comments on whether your hubby is married or not, can you now bring him on this Forum, to enable him read what his fellow Nigerians have said concerning the rites? I think inviting him here will enable him to tell members of this forum what actually transpired and I believe his denial and explanations to members will give you a reprief of the impending catastrophic heart problem that the purported marriage would have occassioned to you.
Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by debbydee(f): 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
@ poster just be strong. You should expect anything from Nigerian men especially when they want to get something from you.
The truth must be told. Your husband is married to someone else especially the exchange of drinks thats a sign that they have tied the knot and it is well recognized here in africa. please dont go and kill your self o else the new wife will just enjoy everything. take care of yourself and unborn bay and please for the sake of the child dont do anything funny.
Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by debbydee(f): 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
another advise dont do any paper work for any bode either sister or mama or brother or any of his relative.
else the wife will come there and join you people and he will tell you is the sister. #na lie#
Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by oseiwe(m): 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
yorke1:

You really need to grow up kid. How dare you jump into conclusion like that You want to destroy a home. You need to display a high level of tact next time when you see issue like this or you keep shot.
old man, I spent 5 years in Benin, I know what I'm talking about, the truth is bitter.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by Cpumping(m): 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ok the fools have landed.
*quietly unfollows thread*

Quote me n die grin grin

1 Like

Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by GoodFaith: 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
oseiwe:

Young man have respect for old man
old man, I spent 5 years in Benin, I know what I'm talking about, the truth is bitter.
Young man have some respect for old man
U spent 5 year in the city meaning what?
Lot of Nigerian s men have make promises and married
before leaving Nigeria but never return to the woman they left
Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by ehjiwummy(f): 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
My dear,am from edo state nd due to ur explaination nd wat u saw on pix,it shows your husband marry anoda woman.and stop deceiving urself by looking for any paperwork because is not given in edo marriage rite.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by GoodFaith: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
ehjiwummy:
My dear,am from edo state nd due to ur explaination nd wat u saw on pix,it shows your husband marry anoda woman.and stop deceiving urself by looking for any paperwork because is not given in edo marriage rite.
stay out of people personal business
You from Edo
Please
Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by yorke1: 4:46pm On Jan 14, 2015
oseiwe:

You should have spent 100 years in Benin. Get the message straight...keep shot next time kid!

1 Like

Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by oseiwe(m): 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
yorke1:

You should have spent 100 years in Benin. Get the message straight...keep shot next time kid!
what is the straight message old man? diplomacy is laced with saccharine, treat the op with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by oseiwe(m): 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
GoodFaith:

Young man have some respect for old man
U spent 5 year in the city meaning what?
Lot of Nigerian s men have make promises and married
before leaving Nigeria but never return to the woman they left
what are you tryna say?
this guy deserves a medal for fulfilling his promise?
GoodFaith:

The first thing you need to do is be the best wife you can be
If you are a good wife the dude will forget about any woman in Nigeria
If you are helping him with GC don't use that opportunity to try control the relationship
If you do
You will pay for it
Let the local experience fall on you!

1 Like

Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by Redoil: 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
debbydee:
another advise dont do any paper work for any bode either sister or mama or brother or any of his relative.
else the wife will come there and join you people and he will tell you is the sister. #na lie#
findingtruth a lot of nigerian have use this line to come to ur country esp ur husband first wife.
Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by PureLife22: 5:47am On Jan 15, 2015
una wey don show here kon defend the man. You are seen

No couple wears matching attire during introduction. It is done at the traditional wedding after bride-price things plus other formalities have taken place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi / Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? / Maps Of Kingdoms, Peoples, States, And Cities In Africa Through Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.