Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake (1738 Views)

Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel / Brake Failure While Driving: What Should Drivers Do? / Speeding Vehicle That Failed Brake Ran Into Ikosi-ketu Branch Of Mr Biggs(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by llade(m): 9:10am On Jan 10, 2015
I intend to change front and back brake discs of my 2006 Avensis cos they are bad. But I observe that when I am on speeds above 80 km/hr and I apply brake d steering shakes.
I want to ask weda its beta to buy tokunbo or new brake discs. Secondly, I want to ask if anoda thing is also responsible. Thanks.
llade - Abuja.
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by chibanj(m): 9:29am On Jan 10, 2015
Try checking ur hub. Or rather d suspensions
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by dBard: 9:34am On Jan 10, 2015
maybe lil tins like alignment, uneven tyres and brakes like u already said..
a simple check will let u know bf d mechs come in.
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by llade(m): 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
Av changed all brake pads n dey are all new. Av also done alignment. D only thing left is d brake disc av not chnaged.
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
llade:
I intend to change front and back brake discs of my 2006 Avensis cos they are bad. But I observe that when I am on speeds above 80 km/hr and I apply brake d steering shakes.
I want to ask weda its beta to buy tokunbo or new brake discs. Secondly, I want to ask if anoda thing is also responsible. Thanks.
llade - Abuja.

Replace disks with brand new. Problem solved.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by llade(m): 8:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
@ gazzuzz tks pls ow much dem dey sell new brake discs for 2006 toyota avensis. I dey abuja.
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
llade:
@ gazzuzz tks pls ow much dem dey sell new brake discs for 2006 toyota avensis. I dey abuja.

8-10k brand new for a set.
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by llade(m): 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
@ gazzuzz many thanks.
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by disloman(m): 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Replace disks with brand new. Problem solved.
WORD
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by Exponental(m): 3:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
first thing first....... brake disc.
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by llade(m): 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
Many thanks to u all will change d discs on friday.
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by disloman(m): 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

8-10k brand new for a set.
r u sure of d price or that's d price just 4 an ordinary brake disc.Original brake disc is much than that.
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
disloman:
r u sure of d price or that's d price just 4 an ordinary brake disc.Original brake disc is much than that.

U tried, u are becoming more civil, you left my father out of it. sad
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
llade:
Many thanks to u all will change d discs on friday.
Before changing the disc, do this personal check on your tires, one of the front tires may have caved in a little.
Safely Jack up your car. unlock the tire off, physical roll the tire slowly and detect any cave in, or it's centre collapse.
The best free information about car problems are weather beaten taxi drivers, I used them often, because they have had more car fault issues than the average private cars owners
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by disloman(m): 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

U tried, u are becoming more civil, you left my father out of it. sad
sorry dude,av i ever insulted ur father cos i'm kinda curious o.
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by cecegorz(m): 9:25am On Jan 15, 2015
I noticed this issue on my Highlander in Lagos, but lack of regular free way to do up to 100 to 120km/hr didn't allow me to know the extent of the challenge.
I took it to my mech for wheel balancing and after that felt it was ok.
Not until I travelled long distance and had stretches of free way that I observed the fullness of the issue, once I hit that range of speed and had any cause to apply brakes to slow down, the whole steering keeps vibrating badly.
I can't wait to get back to Lagos for a complete overhaul.

P.S. I bought four brand new tires when I bought the car in October, so I can't blame it on the tires
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by Emperoh(m): 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
cecegorz:
I noticed this issue on my Highlander in Lagos, but lack of regular free way to do up to 100 to 120km/hr didn't allow me to know the extent of the challenge.
I took it to my mech for wheel balancing and after that felt it was ok.
Not until I travelled long distance and had stretches of free way that I observed the fullness of the issue, once I hit that range of speed and had any cause to apply brakes to slow down, the whole steering keeps vibrating badly.
I can't wait to get back to Lagos for a complete overhaul.

P.S. I bought four brand new tires when I bought the car in October, so I can't blame it on the tires

Your front brake rotors (discs) are warped. that is, an uneven surface.
You may decide to change all 4, but start with the front two and see the impact. the vibration on braking at top speeds comes mainly from the front discs
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by cecegorz(m): 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
Emperoh:

Your front brake rotors (discs) are warped. that is, an uneven surface.
You may decide to change all 4, but start with the front two and see the impact. the vibration on braking at top speeds comes mainly from the front discs
Obeledu Ugada! Longest time bro.
Any ideas on the cost of brand new OEM for the front set in Naija?
Re: Apart From Brake Discs What Makes My 2006 Avensis Steering To Shake by Emperoh(m): 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
cecegorz:

Obeledu Ugada! Longest time bro.
Any ideas on the cost of brand new OEM for the front set in Naija?

I am not sure. I bought for my car from the US.
Maybe i will ask the guys at Emodi

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Chrysler 300C And SRT8 Owners / Photos:::::2018 Mustang Gets 10 Gears , More Power Feel It..!! / Price Of Toyota Camry 2005 "Big4nothin" pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.