Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Telecoms Network Providers Went Too Far With Flash SMS Ads - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecoms Network Providers Went Too Far With Flash SMS Ads (645 Views)

NCC To Fine Network Providers N5m For Unsolicited Text Messages / My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus / Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Telecoms Network Providers Went Too Far With Flash SMS Ads by Clefcentfelix(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
I find it annoying that in a day, I get up to at least Five text messages of adverts from a network provider, I am learning how to live with that! The most aggressive strategy that I however feel should be discouraged is the use of flash sms for adverts! This is gross.

Imagine your phone was in ur pocket (sometimes phones get pressed while walking), and a flash message asking you to press ok to subscribe to a caller tunes comes in, maybe you are a moslem and what you were made to subscribe to was 'Let somebody shout Halleluyah'! Not only have u paid for what you didn't want, you would probably have paid also for what you didn't like.

It's a similar case when the aged uses a mobile device! Some very old people who probably didn't get western education, don't use many features on their phones, most of them just use speed dials and few keys! They would probably just press ok when they see a flash message.

Sometimes for even the learned who is holding his phone but maybe absent minded, he may press 'ok' not as his consent but maybe as 'ok, I've heard', he may not realise what he did until people start telling him they like his caller tunes or till he starts getting 'guides to getting the best jobs'

I personally feel the NCC should disallow the use of flash sms for adverts, it's not only a nuisance, I also feel it's a scam!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Offers A Free Lumia 435 To Every Lumia 535 Buyer In Italy On Vals Day. / What Good Android Phone Can I Get...my Budget Is 16000 / How To Watch Live Dstv On Andriod Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.