Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,606 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? (2379 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! / Who Killed More People - The Bible God Or Hitler? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
I came accross this in a thread created back in 2012 and i think its worth looking into again..
IdiAmin2:
Leviticus 21
16 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.

18 For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,

19 Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,

20 Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why does he shut these people off i thought he was the one that created all of them
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by nairalife2013(m): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
Old testament thing. The law suited them then. Now jesus brought the grace and no more discrimination. Live good and live well and forget about confusing issues in the bible. They are not wrong, its just that u may not understand. Live a life that doesnt affect u or others in a bad way. Everything created of the lord is good. Just pray always and Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by Atigba: 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
johnydon22:
I came accross this in a thread created back in 2012 and i think its worth looking into again.. Why does he shut these people off i thought he was the one that created all of them

Then bible is not the word of God

But word of men

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
nairalife2013:
Old testament thing. The law suited them then. Now jesus brought the grace and no more discrimination. Live good and live well and forget about confusing issues in the bible. They are not wrong, its just that u may not understand. Live a life that doesnt affect u or others in a bad way. Everything created of the lord is good. Just pray always and Enjoy
They are dead wrong, quote me anyway... it is very wrong to discriminate them cus they are humans too. what dah heck du people smoke...
It is in the old testament; I take it that you mean this ur new testament god is different from the old testament god?
remember he never changes... chai i just cant fathom why someone would want to justify evil... Evil is evil no matter from whence it came
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
Atigba:

Then bible is not the word of God

But word of men
Are you a christian? grin According to the verses above god was addressing moses, so those are strictly his word! grin(the lord spoke to moses and said)
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by Atigba: 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Are you a christian? grin According to the verses above god was addressing moses, so those are strictly his word! grin(the lord spoke to moses and said)
I was a christian

Not his word...people wrote the bible to justified the crime and genocide they committed

Just the same way God is speaking to shakau in the northern part of Nigeria

God never instruct any man

People wrote things and ascribe it to God

People kill and said God told them to

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by nairalife2013(m): 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
johnydon22:

They are dead wrong, quote me anyway... it is very wrong to discriminate them cus they are humans too. what dah heck du people smoke...
It is in the old testament; I take it that you mean this ur new testament god is different from the old testament god?
remember he never changes... chai i just cant fathom why someone would want to justify evil... Evil is evil no matter from whence it came
hahaha. Calm down. God is never wrong, he does whatever he wishes to do. Dont work yur self up too much trying to pick little argument and little fight with God. Work hard and live a good life and let go of questions to which u may never obtain a convincing reply on earth. Never be adamant abt religious questions, it will weaken yur mental strength and make u behave like a mentally challenged. U may not be able to advance in science and tech if u continue in extreme religious forensics and thatz not good. Relax
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
nairalife2013:
hahaha. Calm down. God is never wrong, he does whatever he wishes to do. Dont work yur self up too much trying to pick little argument and little fight with God. Work hard and live a good life and let go of questions to which u may never obtain a convincing reply on earth. Never be adamant abt religious questions, it will weaken yur mental strength and make u behave like a mentally challenged. U may not be able to advance in science and tech if u continue in extreme religious forensics and thatz not good. Relax
lmao who is fighting god... (fight a mythical being?) hahahahaha my argument is with you that tries to justifies that shii... you people should stop twisting things and call a spade a spade.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
Atigba:

I was a christian

Not his word...people wrote the bible to justified the crime and genocide they committed

Just the same way God is speaking to shakau in the northern part of Nigeria

God never instruct any man

People wrote things and ascribe it to God

People kill and said God told them to

i take it you are agnostic now right?

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by nairalife2013(m): 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao who is fighting god... (fight a mythical being?) hahahahaha my argument is with you that tries to justifies that shii... you people should stop twisting things and call a spade a spade.
u people? Well, johnydon, now dat u hav cooled down, read the bible well and dont let yur praying knees get lazy. Start from genesis, Before revelation, u will know the truth and the truth will set u free. If u dont want to do this u may never come to terms with the reality, whereby u just rest and face what u believ in and desist from intense religious argument.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
nairalife2013:
u people? Well, johnydon, now dat u hav cooled down, read the bible well and dont let yur praying knees get lazy. Start from genesis, Before revelation, u will know the truth and the truth will set u free. If u dont want to do this u may never come to terms with the reality, whereby u just rest and face what u believ in and desist from intense religious argument.
Seriously i dont wanna argue with you... i guess you have not read the bible from genesis to revelation cus if u have... you would be the one posting what i am posting now
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by nairalife2013(m): 11:08pm On Jan 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Seriously i dont wanna argue with you... i guess you have not read the bible from genesis to revelation cus if u have... you would be the one posting what i am posting now
well, if u hav read as I said then u didnt pray well. U read as a novel abi? no na! Well just pray for answers. Am serious
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
nairalife2013:
well, if u hav read as I said then u didnt pray well. U read as a novel abi? no na! Well just pray for answers. Am serious
lmao... you that have prayed for answers how many have u gotten all these while... why dont you give me those answers since is clear you already prayed for answers... lets start by addressing the op!grin
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by blasterman(m): 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
johnydon22:
I came accross this in a thread created back in 2012 and i think its worth looking into again.. Why does he shut these people off i thought he was the one that created all of them

That was mainly Judaism which is Moses eye for an eye era

But jesus came then new testament and that is Christianity
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
blasterman:

That was mainly Judaism which is Moses eye for an eye era

But jesus came then new testament and that is Christianity

Did you look at the post well?... it was written well (And God spoke to moses and said) it was God addressing moses so it was not moses that gave those command but yahweh... we are not even talking about eye for an eye, we are talking about why he discriminate against those with blemish even though he allegedly created them... why didnt he create them well since he hate their blemish...whose fault was it that they were blemished?.. Its in the old testament and mainly judaism...lol... this got me laughing... Please is the god of the old testament different from that of the new testament?? Or did he change? or maybe it was christianity that made him repent and became born again!
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by nairalife2013(m): 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao... you that have prayed for answers how many have u gotten all these while... why dont you give me those answers since is clear you already prayed for answers... lets start by addressing the op!grin
u dont undastand me? Well then pls try. Itz u dat want all answers. Read my posts again, then read yurs. Itz u dat crave full awareness before u bow down. Am just suggesting avanues by which u could get to d tunnel dat would alas bring u to light. In my religion, we dont crave for knowledge that would do no one any good. Instead, we lead a good life and leave d rest to God.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 12:03am On Jan 11, 2015
nairalife2013:
u dont undastand me? Well then pls try. Itz u dat want all answers. Read my posts again, then read yurs. Itz u dat crave full awareness before u bow down. Am just suggesting avanues by which u could get to d tunnel dat would alas bring u to light. In my religion, we dont crave for knowledge that would do no one any good. Instead, we lead a good life and leave d rest to God.
And so after praying the words of the bible will change huh... will the A's turn to B?...Seriously i wonder how you guys let all your thinking be controlled by one ancient primitive book not even a modern one... you cant even address the op, am sure u know its wrong but naaah you must find a way to justify it.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by nairalife2013(m): 12:16am On Jan 11, 2015
johnydon22:

And so after praying the words of the bible will change huh... will the A's turn to B?...Seriously i wonder how you guys let all your thinking be controlled by one ancient primitive book not even a modern one... you cant even address the op, am sure u know its wrong but naaah you must find a way to justify it.
just lead a good life and leave those things. God deliberately confuse men for reason best known to him. But if u leave well with yur self and d rest of humanity, u will find d truth in d end, by when d holy spirit shall hav come in. Thx n bye
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 11, 2015
nairalife2013:

What nonsense. What do you mean by ''the law suited them then''? Are you saying the victims of your bible 'God' were not flesh and blood human beings with the same attributes as yourself? Would there ever have been a time it would have been 'right' or 'suitable' for you and your family to be discriminated against or murdered? It's easy for you to sit on your selfish, ignorant ars.e saying it was ''the right time'' for other people to be oppressed, enslaved and massacred.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by nairalife2013(m): 2:47am On Jan 11, 2015
ROSSIKE:

What nonsense. What do you mean by ''the law suited them then''? Are you saying the victims of your bible 'God' were not flesh and blood human beings with the same attributes as yourself? Would there ever have been a time it would have been 'right' or 'suitable' for you and your family to be discriminated against or murdered? It's easy for you to sit on your selfish, ignorant ars.e saying it was ''the right time'' for other people to be oppressed, enslaved and massacred.
There are people who will never change. God created them and gave them the power of choice and conscience but they rather would stay with the devil and perpetuate evil. God knows them from birth. He said that to forwarn the children of God to be wary. As u love to do good, so are men who inherently love to do evil. There dwells thier joy and peace of mind. The major thing in religion is choice and conscience. Many people who engage themselves and others in debates over God's propriety do so cos they cant summon enoff spiritual courage to know God , or they are not patient. God has the power to destroy satan and all evil men and thier principalities, but he would not till judgement day. Thatz the cruz of the matter - choice, conscience and judgement. U can live as u wish, the Lord has sanctioned that already but I would u lived well and let go of angst, esp religion-induced. If u cant find immediate answer dont be angry. Soon u will.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 8:19am On Jan 11, 2015
nairalife2013:
just lead a good life and leave those things. God deliberately confuse men for reason best known to him. But if u leave well with yur self and d rest of humanity, u will find d truth in d end, by when d holy spirit shall hav come in. Thx n bye
Seriously i find it hard to talk with confused persons like you... You cant address the op and you are here yapping non_sense all through... you have nothing to contribute to the op so please dont quote me again... quote me when you are ready for an intellectual discussion.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 8:26am On Jan 11, 2015
nairalife2013:
There are people who will never change. God created them and gave them the power of choice and conscience but they rather would stay with the devil and perpetuate evil. God knows them from birth. He said that to forwarn the children of God to be wary. As u love to do good, so are men who inherently love to do evil. There dwells thier joy and peace of mind. The major thing in religion is choice and conscience. Many people who engage themselves and others in debates over God's propriety do so cos they cant summon enoff spiritual courage to know God , or they are not patient. God has the power to destroy satan and all evil men and thier principalities, but he would not till judgement day. Thatz the cruz of the matter - choice, conscience and judgement. U can live as u wish, the Lord has sanctioned that already but I would u lived well and let go of angst, esp religion-induced. If u cant find immediate answer dont be angry. Soon u will.
Seriously this guy you are sick... blemished is not bad people, it means disabled people... you really have to back to school seriously no joke.. now i see why you couldnt even make a good statement to address the op.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by Atigba: 8:56am On Jan 11, 2015
johnydon22:

i take it you are agnostic now right?
Ye
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by nairalife2013(m): 8:56am On Jan 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Seriously i find it hard to talk with confused persons like you... You cant address the op and you are here yapping non_sense all through... you have nothing to contribute to the op so please dont quote me again... quote me when you are ready for an intellectual discussion.
well, why are u so bitter? We are discussing na and am stating my views and options. I only contributed, u started quoting me; next u called me names and lampoon whatever I post. Which religion are u that u cannot hav a bit of tongue-restraint? Is yur user name just a decoy? I say it playfully u get worked-up; I try to sound a bit careless to relax yur perceived tensions u still exhibit unquenchable animosity and remain bent on a -no-solution- course kind of mindset regarding the subject matter. I thot threads were for discussion. Well if u dont want me to contribute becos am not intelligent I will quit. It is yur terrain n u hav rights to it, right? I had to go bak and run my eyes on d thread again sef. Gosh! Only and Last man standing!!... Let the real intelligent ones to help u start coming in.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by nairalife2013(m): 9:23am On Jan 11, 2015
"I Am A Humanist....I believe in the beauty in mankind and goodness in humanity. i do not wish it destroyed.. i love earth and all in it"

I can see u are really an intelligent humanist.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 10:50am On Jan 11, 2015
nairalife2013:
"I Am A Humanist....I believe in the beauty in mankind and goodness in humanity. i do not wish it destroyed.. i love earth and all in it"

I can see u are really an intelligent humanist.
Tell me, Do you love the earth and humans too? (please no long sentence, just a simple question and needs a simples answer!)
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2015
this thread is fossile ... lol
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by LordReed(m): 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
johnydon22:

How many customer service staff have you seen that are lame, blind or deaf?
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 2:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
LordReed:

How many customer service staff have you seen that are lame, blind or deaf?

I have seen a crippled banker, teacher and many... So your god is right to discriminated against the less priviledged? Thats sickness
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by LordReed(m): 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
johnydon22:

I have seen a crippled banker, teacher and many... So your god is right to discriminated against the less priviledged? Thats sickness

I wrote customer service. I have never seen one with any disabilities. Very simply the requirements for that position may preclude such persons even if they are staff of the same bank. God is not saying such people cannot worship He said such cannot be PRIESTS.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by johnydon22(m): 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
LordReed:

I wrote customer service. I have never seen one with any disabilities. Very simply the requirements for that position may preclude such persons even if they are staff of the same bank. God is not saying such people cannot worship He said such cannot be PRIESTS.

You have not seen a lame costumer care agent, how many customer care agents have u seen before? smiley

You god is a fvcking retarded discriminator... creates a blemished human and discriminates against him..
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? by LordReed(m): 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
johnydon22:

You have not seen a lame costumer care agent, how many customer care agents have u seen before? smiley

You god is a fvcking retarded discriminator... creates a blemished human and discriminates against him..

Don't have an aneurysm over something you know doesn't exist, that would be ironic. LoL.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Differences Between Islamic War And Biblical War / Right Believing Produces Right Living - Joseph Prince / Muslims Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.