Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

What Could Cause Someone To Sleep And Not Wake Up? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Could Cause Someone To Sleep And Not Wake Up? (7059 Views)

5 Things You Do Every Day That Destroy Your Sleep And Ruin Your Life!! / Pregnant Lady Dies In Her Sleep After Using The Toilet (Photos) / Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Cause Someone To Sleep And Not Wake Up? by MrTeymee(m): 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
A class mate of mine died recently. He slept and didn't wake up again. Naturally, virtually everybody took it spiritually and some even saw it as an avenue to preach the gospel.
I would like to know what could cause a vibrant handsome young man to sleep and not wake up as he wasn't sick or anything. Is it strictly spiritual or can it be explained medically?... What could cause it??..... Can it be prevented?
Your comments would be highly appreciated.
Re: What Could Cause Someone To Sleep And Not Wake Up? by olu77(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
If he had slept alone it could be as a result of fumes from a nearby generator or any other engine that emits carbon monoxide. Fumes from gen is the number one silent killer that I know. There are other medical complications that could also lead to death in the sleep but certainly people will only think of which and wizards
Re: What Could Cause Someone To Sleep And Not Wake Up? by MrTeymee(m): 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
olu77:
If he had slept alone it could be as a result of fumes from a generator or any other engine that emmits carbon monoxide. Fumes from gen is the number one silent killer that i know
Okay. Can it be caused by other things apart from carbon monoxide poisoning?
Re: What Could Cause Someone To Sleep And Not Wake Up? by naturally: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
When God says its time, no one can escape it. Thank God he didn't die by bomb. May he Rest in peace
Re: What Could Cause Someone To Sleep And Not Wake Up? by olu77(m): 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
MrTeymee:

Okay. Can it be caused by other things apart from carbon monoxide poisoning?

There is Sudden Unexpected Death Syndrome (SUNDS) which has been linked with acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis. The condition according to wikipedia appears to primarily affect young men in Thailand and Laos
Re: What Could Cause Someone To Sleep And Not Wake Up? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
D E A T H !
Re: What Could Cause Someone To Sleep And Not Wake Up? by viexcey(f): 7:29am On Jan 11, 2015
Some people have heart attack while sleeping and they never wake up.
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: What Could Cause Someone To Sleep And Not Wake Up? by bosco9: 1:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
The best way to die. I pray I die like that when my time comes,rather than die through gunshot or accident. R.I.P
Re: What Could Cause Someone To Sleep And Not Wake Up? by ryom(m): 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
He may have had a silent undiagnosed heart condition. Did they do an autopsy to find out? Certain of the condition run in families especially males, so autopsy worthwhile. Everyone should get a basic ECG soon as they can and perhaps every 5 years till age 40, then yearly afterwards.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Top 7 Most Amazingly Hot Six Packs Abs! / Oyo Discharges 96 COVID-19 Patients / What is medical marijuana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.