Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer (3052 Views)

Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer / List Of Top 10 Countries By Number Of Internet Users (naija Made The List) / Closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2008
The major press outlets are abuzz this morning with news of a major new security flaw that affects all versions of Internet Explorer from IE5 to the latest beta of IE8. The attack has serious and far-reaching ramifications -- and they're not just theoretical attacks. In fact, the flaw is already in wide use as a tool to steal online game passwords, with some 10,000 websites infected with the code needed to take advantage of the hole in IE.

Virtually all security experts (as well as myself) are counseling users to switch to any other web browser -- none of the others are affected, including Firefox, Chrome, and Opera -- at least for the time being, though Microsoft has stubbornly said it "cannot recommend people switch due to this one flaw." Microsoft adds that it is working on a fix but has offered no ETA on when that might happen. Meanwhile it offers some suggestions for a temporary patch, including setting your Internet security zone settings to "high" and offering some complicated workarounds. (Some reports state, however, that the fixes do not actually work.)

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/111811 got that from yahoo front page this morning

imagine microsoft saying they "cannot recommend people switch due to this one flaw."   Imagine a robbery inside your bank, and your bank saying, "you can still find your way in and make transactions".  Come inside to do what, as if your bank is the only one out there.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by tboy1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2008
Switch to Mac - Mac is the way forward cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Africason(m): 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2008
Always just update when that nagging and annoying pop-up pops on ur screen. Never Ignore it. Anyway, i'm very much addicted to FF. cheesy
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by StephenP(m): 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2008
I did that switch to Firefox a long time ago.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by sperrysun(m): 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2008
Hmm, MS IE is doomed!!!!!!!! Did my switch to FF a long time ago. Good luck to IE and its' faithful users.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by gozzilla(m): 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2008
would have been a breaking news if the news had not been broken. Run away from IE romance Firefox and kind of flirt with google Chrome. If you love having mistresses then do safari or opera.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by lalaboi(m): 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2008
been using firefox since IE strted to mess up a ong time ago! always crashing
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by ShinaBN(m): 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2008
Firefox works better!

If you want to find a true meaning in life check this out.

http://www.nextpublisher.com/list.html
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2008
i pity microsoft and internet explorer.

unlike you lot, i seem to like safari.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by dammytosh: 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2008
Google Chrome is da Bomb, try chrome,
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2008
talking about security, dont even bring chrome in.

It is still pretty new for people to find holes, imagine IE that has been out there for many years
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by tboy1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 17, 2008
dammytosh:

Google Chrome is da Bomb, try chrome,

I bet you've just downloaded this recently. Trust me you'll remove it after a couple of weeks.
@ Poster
For security and speed- Try either safari or firefox
But i'll advise you to go for the best - SAFARI
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by RichyBlacK(m): 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2008
I use Firefox and Opera.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by nana(f): 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2008
I hate IE. Safari is annoying because it hardly connects me to a website but i love the layout. cheesy. I unistalled google chrome the same day i installed it.
I am totally in love with Firefox!
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Muza(m): 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2008
I use fire fox and chrome
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Ellyptical: 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2008
Amongst the popular browsers, IE is the slowest.
Safari handles AJAX pages (like the new yahoo and the new facebook) much better.
Firefox is also very good.
I only use IE for some pages that are designed with IE in mind. If not, Safari or Firefox.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by javalove(m): 7:03pm On Dec 17, 2008
everything from MS is messed, inclufing their programming languages
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2008
been using opera since some chick in a cybercafe pointed me to it - now that is a browser - esp if u are a download freak
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:23pm On Dec 17, 2008
firefox 4life grin
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by vicade(m): 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2008
Firefox all the Way. cool
Followed by Google Chrome.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by chrischima(m): 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2008
Try CRAZY BROWSER guys
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2008
Safari seduced me while I was in a relationship with firefox, but it didn't last always came back to firefox my true love.
If you are a facebook freak though flock is the browser for you, its got firefox's engine and does many picture and multimedia things, she is totally hot!
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Tonim(f): 8:26pm On Dec 17, 2008
changed to firefox, but firefox eats up my memory like crazy cry
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Emperoh(m): 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2008
Anyone tried Crazy Browser before?
I just keep them all on standby
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by hedgesfun(m): 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2008
Safari definitely is the best of all the browsers I had always dislike IE due to it been to ordinary and FireFox had always been my choice for a long time but for close to a year now I had fell in love with Safari and its been cool I mean what am saying cos here on my system I have it all IE, Safari FireFox and even Google Chrome which I downloaded the same day it was launched so I know what the experience is with them all.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by PapaBrowne(m): 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2008
Firefox is the best.
And for the first time Google disappointed me with Chrome.
Looks like I'm gonna try Safari as many folks here seem 2 be recommending it.
As 4 explorer, that's a very wrong browser!
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2008
does anyone have any idea about where the go button is in Opera, when i finish typing URLs, fine, it is easy to just hit Enter

but using the mouse to copy and paste URLs make it more easier using the go button, rather than stretching our for the enter button
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Shaz(f): 11:48pm On Dec 17, 2008
Firefox is it. I noticed IE is so idk. . annoying and prone to em silly pop-us and all sorts. Thank God for FIREFOX. . lol
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by nigboy(m): 12:33am On Dec 18, 2008
Which browser is then the best and most secured
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Saddam: 1:11am On Dec 18, 2008
Mac Rockzz

T hell wit windows
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by amor4ce(m): 1:25am On Dec 18, 2008
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by A40(m): 2:31am On Dec 18, 2008
I don't know what Google Chrome yo guys are talking about sha but i have been on Google Chrome for some months now and its the shiznit,Flock is not too bad as well

Internet Explorer is played out like a Sisqo song jor

(1) (2) (Reply)

How to Compress a 1GB File to 10MB Easily / Cheap Clean Uk Used Dell D600 Laptop 15k / Visafone Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.