Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) (33932 Views)

I Found Cockroach Inside Food I Got From A Buka (Pics) / Typical Nigerian Dinning Habits, Everyone Can Relate To (Pictures) / Owner Of Popular Surulere Buka Olaiya Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by themejiwalker(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
joseph1832:
Am surprise tosyne2much didn't create this thread. grin
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
truth
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by johnshagb(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
really hilarious grin
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by Osama92(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2015
Thank God I don't eat in buka always.. Anyway

GEJ till 2019+
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by gatiano(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
Yet they say there is poverty in Africa. Africans die far more of over consumption than hunger. besides, hunger does not kill.

SAMBARRY:
Yesh

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by kilokeys(m): 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
the shy type

dem go chance dem.. shame no go ever make shout for their turn..

like gosh.. what am i doing here..

lol..
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by chimzy2u: 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
@op... in typical lagos bukas u mean?
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
angelTI:
I don't do buka because I rarely eat out.

Okay NOTED. SAVED IN THE ARCHIVES!

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by jzdoberman: 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
akpanikpe:
What is mama put? Or buka? In France where is school we go to McDonald's tongue

What's the capital of France?
A) New York
B) London
C) Lagos
D) Borno
E) Moscow

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by Bryancrox(m): 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
Dirty Eaters : this type of people are very dirty, wen dey re eating soup lik egusi soup, you will see soup all over dere beard nd mouth, secondly dey don't even knw hw to rap eba well eg tanker drivers.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by StealthyMe(m): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
lol
reminds me of a buka i went to years ago and my mouth was wide open seeing someone digesting 24 wraps of fufu. That guy will always be remembered as a legend. Anyway,
Buhari for president come march 28.
Vote Wisely,
Vote for change,
The choice is yours.

Sofrii naa cheesy 24 too much naa grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by gatiano(m): 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
Have you ever been to any macdonalds and order for a beef roll and they say there is no beef? it makes me wonder how many cows are there in the world with a gestation period of 280 days. Go macdonalds now, anywhere in the world, anytime, there is always beef roll. that is why i like mama put (she caters for only her regular loyal customers and a few plus).

akpanikpe:
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by sagr(m): 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
akpanikpe:
na wow u, wetin u dey do for NL wit dis turanci grin
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by phlamesG: 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
D wise ones who buy take away,they buy only soup 4 a small amount and they go 2 d nearest shop to buy raw garri or amala to make.because they knw say d buka garri or amala go small...I was once like dat tho grin

4 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by blacq2009(m): 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=WIZGUY69 post=30552209] undecided
why is it just making front page now?

Because it is making front page, bro
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by Missmossy(f): 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hahaha funny list grin
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by MadCow1: 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
babate3e:
Being a bachelor has taken me to several kinds of iya basira, nwayi owerri and other local canteens in lagos, so i felt i had to share my experience of various kind of people i meet:
1. The Oppressors:
These type of people are often very fat, they sit down and the girls come down to them to take their order, you hear stuffs like;
"4 wraps of pounded yam with egusi, put panla, ponmo, ogunfe, assorted and meat, with cold stout and bottle water".
N.B: all the meats, fish, ponmos, assorted are brought in several plates for them to eat as much as possible.
2. The Voracious eater:
These set of people are normally slim, and unlike the oppressors, they go to order their food, you can recognize them when you hear;
"madam give me 8 fufu, no 10 cos i never chop since morning, 3meat, 2ponmo, orobo coke (50cl) and 2 pure water".
3. The Acagons:
Na these ones tire me pass, they are the downgraded versions of the voracious eater, and they are well known by the madam. They believe in quantity over quality, you will hear;
"iya bisi give me as usual, and the madam puts 9 wraps of fufu with 1 lean meat"
NB: this set are the only ones that don't order for water, they prefer the one on the table, used for washing hand".
4. The formers:
These ones are mostly hated by the acagons and they are mostly a group of young girls sponsored by a maga. You will see there table filled with all sorts of meats, fish, ponmos, assorted and several chilled drinks, only for them to eat part of it and leave the rest to the feasting eyes of the acagon and voracious eater. After they leave, you start hearing comments especially from the acagons like " haaaaa embarassed, ota aje ni awon omo yii o ( this girls are enemy of money o).
5. Father xmas:
This list is not complete without them, they are the popular ones in the hood, the acagons and voracious eater always pray to meet them in the canteen. If he enters, you start hearing "baba agbalagba, chairman, i remain loyal sir"
and he never dissapoints them too.
Feel free to add yours!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama Put? undecided

Do you mean Mama Cass? undecided

I heard one guy fainted there because of the size of his balls of Garri.. He was apparently sharing the food with his friend and because he wanted to eat more food than his friend, he increased size of his balls and one got stuck in his throat.. Before they could revive him, his friend had finished all the food and the meat..

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by Eeser: 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
Nice try OP. Particularly 'the voracious eaters' part of your post. Can't stop smiling.
Meanwhile,
March1= M
March 2= U
March 3= H
March 4= A
March 5= M
March 6= M
March 7= A
March 8= D
March 9= U
March10= B
March11= U
March12= H
March13= A
March15= R
March16= I
March 17= Y
March 18= E
March 19= M
March 20= I
March 21= O
March 22= S
March 23= I
March 24= N
March 25= B
March 26= A
March 27= J
March 28= O
Vote the clueless otuoke man out
#MARCH4BUHARI

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by produce(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
The Debtors:
madam give me 4 fufu, 4 meat, 2 head of fish, and 3 ponmo, 2 purewater cos i no won chop much......madam says but you never give me yesterday's own....reply will be oya plus this one add am up i go pay tomorrow...... based on regular customer grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by studded(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
babate3e:
Being a bachelor has taken me to several kinds of iya basira, nwayi owerri and other local canteens in lagos, so i felt i had to share my experience of various kind of people i meet:
1. The Oppressors:
These type of people are often very fat, they sit down and the girls come down to them to take their order, you hear stuffs like;
"4 wraps of pounded yam with egusi, put panla, ponmo, ogunfe, assorted and meat, with cold stout and bottle water".
N.B: all the meats, fish, ponmos, assorted are brought in several plates for them to eat as much as possible.
2. The Voracious eater:
These set of people are normally slim, and unlike the oppressors, they go to order their food, you can recognize them when you hear;
"madam give me 8 fufu, no 10 cos i never chop since morning, 3meat, 2ponmo, orobo coke (50cl) and 2 pure water".
3. The Acagons:
Na these ones tire me pass, they are the downgraded versions of the voracious eater, and they are well known by the madam. They believe in quantity over quality, you will hear;
"iya bisi give me as usual, and the madam puts 9 wraps of fufu with 1 lean meat"
NB: this set are the only ones that don't order for water, they prefer the one on the table, used for washing hand".
4. The formers:
These ones are mostly hated by the acagons and they are mostly a group of young girls sponsored by a maga. You will see there table filled with all sorts of meats, fish, ponmos, assorted and several chilled drinks, only for them to eat part of it and leave the rest to the feasting eyes of the acagon and voracious eater. After they leave, you start hearing comments especially from the acagons like " haaaaa embarassed, ota aje ni awon omo yii o ( this girls are enemy of money o).
5. Father xmas:
This list is not complete without them, they are the popular ones in the hood, the acagons and voracious eater always pray to meet them in the canteen. If he enters, you start hearing "baba agbalagba, chairman, i remain loyal sir"
and he never dissapoints them too.
Feel free to add yours!!!!!!!!!!!

Bros, no vex we. Your analysis show say you get lots of experiences for "mama-put" o. I dey sure say u don get diploma for canteen technology...lol. cheesy cheesy

Bryancrox:
Dirty Eaters : this type of people are very dirty, wen dey re eating soup lik egusi soup, you will see soup all over dere beard nd mouth, secondly dey don't even knw hw to rap eba well eg tanker drivers.

Lol....see another diligent student....cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by Jonwesley(m): 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2015
OP! You nailed it, falls from my bed.... U reminded me of that Marina mama put joint in front of First Bank Head Office. Hilarious, U made my night. .

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by jutah(m): 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
mama Iyabo: cuutomer, wetin i go put for you?

Customer: Hmmmm, put #70 rice, #20 dodo, #30 dried beans..

Mama Iyabo: bros, which meat i go put?

Customer: no put meat ooo, i dey in a hurry.....

which category be this?
mtcheew!! bros just talk say u no get money for meat joor, u dey tell me say u dey hurry....mtcheees....

Alaroro group
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by obaayo2: 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by tartar9(m): 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
No 6:the guy that is not ready to watch plate
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by Pasqa: 10:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
Timzy234:
The Seun Type

Those that keep quiet the whole time and just pay their money and go out.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by Tinyemeka(m): 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2015
cheesy
When I was in 1st yr (UniZik Temp site), a plate of Akpu with soup was N20. Extra plate N10. So my regular order then was Akpu with Egusi and draw soup. It got to a point that I didn't have to say anything whenever I came. I'd just fall in and be like "Madam biko ti nye re 'm nri" and she'd already know what to do. It's a miraculous wonder I didn't suffer Kwashiorkwor.

My tummy also obeyed Hooke's law cos no matter what happened I'd always order for extra. Unfailingly. My stomach's elastic limit was not yet exceeded. But after eating, the tummy would still remain as flat as an Almajiri's slate.

Person dey grow sha.

P.S. There's also the 'window shoppers'. Those who'd price everything down to the pure water ("make e no be say cold one now na N10"wink and press calculator finish before making their order.

They'd be like "em madam good morning o. Abeg ur rice na how much? Ah. N200? Half plate nko? What of with 1 meat? Without meat nko? Ok. Abeg put half rice, half beans and 2 plantain."

Then because they know the woman has never served fish before, they'll use that as an excuse.
No dulling: "U get fish? What of liver? Ohh. Why na? Abeg no put meat. Na fish I for like now. I dey do lent".
Whereas it's just February O!

Some dudes sef. smiley

6 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by emblexxx(m): 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
And u speak dis kind of English in France? (where is school) And u speak dis kind of English in France? (where is school)
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by priscaoge(f): 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2015
What about those that will eat all d types of food available in that buka? You will hear.....Madam put rice #80,plantain #30,add beans #50,put vegetable and Moi Moi one side,put Meat,Kpomo and fish,do u still have spaghetti? Please add it and then put Ofe akwu, add it a little red stew undecided

I actually saw one guy making similar request and I was like shocked shocked shocked,when I asked d boy he now said it's for someone cheesy cheesy Omo I shock cheesy cheesy

Cc: Kachisbarbie!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by tosyne2much(m): 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2015
Nice write-up babate3e

Number 4 tho grin.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
typing...
Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
teemanbastos:
lool.
Lwkmd.
*falls from iroko tree*
dusts self...
Rolls on with lafter.

Reclimbs tree..
*falls again*
injured.

Runs out of thread.
I no wan die.
this one wey yu just dey fall frm tree anyhow, na film yu dey act

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) by watchman111: 10:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
Drdaps:
Well, you are so damn on point grin
But in what class can we classify those that bought a single wrap of fufu just to get soup to eat those that they have at home
e be like say na you dey do dis one..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make Spaghetti The Right Way ( Using Spaghetti Water) / How I Cook Special Ogbono Soup That Make People Bite Their Fingers (pic & Video) / What Is The Yoruba Name For Milk Thistle Leaves And Dandelion Leaves?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.