Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) (47645 Views)

Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President / Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True / 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 11, 2015
ahmed486:
if you can do well in naija Uni, you can do very well in any uni in the world

Stephanie Okereke Shares Fun Photos Of Herself Playing With Her Puppies
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/2490-stephanie-okereke-shares-fun-photos-of-herself-playing-with-her-puppies
dey dia they deceive urself o

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by PapiDShipCapt(m): 1:41am On Jan 11, 2015
Dinobenson:
hmmm,obodeh is far better than engr.steve.
whew! To tell d truth na world men full that dept, wicked pple jare. Even my project supervisor (name witheld) cancelled my project inwhich we (3) have already spent abt 190k on and gave me another topic to start anew we spent another 110k. @ d end of everything he gave us C abi D sef can't remember cos I was pissed.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by tonte(m): 1:45am On Jan 11, 2015
I'm impressed with this thread, for once, nobody us blaming GEJ or GMB for their problems...
anyway back to the topic, I really don't know what to say, because it's just a terrible thing, outside Nigeria nobody fails because they don't even want u to fail, they make life so easy for u as much as they can...and if there is a massive failure like this, the board knows it's the lecturer who didn't do his job and he must explain why all hos students don't understand him

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by iluvpomo(m): 2:14am On Jan 11, 2015
I side the Nigerian professors. They are upholding the high standard of education. There should be no "let my people go E grade "..... earn your "E".
Students should study!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by bidexolumanish(m): 2:19am On Jan 11, 2015
Willgates:
Blame it on the system, how would 90% of students in a class fail a particular course and the other 10% passed (with an E-pass mark) yet the lecturers/coordinator ain't quarried? This happens every semester in UNICAL. Out of frustration, students burnt down one of the lecturer's house.

Good riddance for bad rubbish if you ask me.
malabite wadup,i rep faculty of science,dptment of comp science,Unical
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by sundoj08(m): 2:22am On Jan 11, 2015
uzolexis:
Nigerian lecturers r generally mean n they delight in students failure. I studied in 2 prestigious Nigerian universities n most of d lecturers were like that. When I left 9ja, I was amazed at d lecturer/student relatnship, lecturers r not interested in students failure n genuinely want students 2 pass, they r very approachable n friendly n most importantly they treat students with respect, unlike Nigerian lecturers who act like gods.
Nigeria lecturers are really bleeped up, im in the states having a 3.97 on a 4.0 scale when i barele made a 2.5 on a 5.0 scale back then in naija.it's really pathetic

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Oluwapresley(m): 2:27am On Jan 11, 2015
In this course, Only God can get an A; B is for me the lecturer.. C and below is available for you..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Equado(m): 2:30am On Jan 11, 2015
For those that read physics in unical...we see this things err' semenstr...,to make things worse the only lecturer that his result was the opposite of this died...thank God dose days are Long gone!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by ahmed486: 2:42am On Jan 11, 2015
Thavybe:
dey dia they deceive urself o

its true
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by WebSurfer(m): 2:55am On Jan 11, 2015
PapiDShipCapt:
@Op that wickedness seemed familiar. Was it from A.A.U?
Lol, it must be from A.A.U , w=very wicked Lecturers

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Pain(m): 4:26am On Jan 11, 2015
Francon:
Lol...

Some even brag that their best student can manage just a "C"

That reminds me of a lecturer in my institution. You have to book a hotel for him, sleep with him, pay him some money and get a "B or C".

I remember in my time when I was writing my 1st year exams (2006/2007 session), I knew 2 students from 1999 set writing a spill over exam.

Buh as God may have it, after a while, we didn't hear from the lecturer again. Don't know what must have happened to him.

He was a prayer answered.

Secondly was a french lecturer I had in my year 1 n 2. He was fond of harassing ladies for sex. He always gave us assignment on weekly basis and you will have to come to office to defend it.

When it was my friends turn to defend, she went in and the man ask if she cared for some ice cream. D gal said No. That she had cold and catarrh. The man offered her gala and she refused.

Suddenly he pleaded for the gal to help mark some papers. Unknowing to d gal, the lecturer was going to bolt the door. He started handling her breast.

She narrated her ordeal to me and when it was my time, I had to dress like a deeper life member with no make up. I answered all his questions and he asked if I knew french way back. I told him I read it in primary n secondary school.

Luck ran out on him one day when he ask a gal out and d girl went to meet him in a hotel. She set him up and recorded all that happened. She traced d wife and played the video for her.

That semester, we had d worst mass failure in his department as he couldn't figure out the mastermind behind the video.

He couldn't figure out the master mind? How come? So you mean he didn't know the girl he was in the hotel room with?

Tell us more ...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Solozzo(m): 4:45am On Jan 11, 2015
Pain:

He couldn't figure out the master mind? How come? So you mean he didn't know the girl he was in the hotel room with?
Tell us more ...

Absolutely. The story sure sounds fake! The lecturer treated the poster well because she dressed like deeper life indeed; could not figure out who recorded the video and offers gala, ice creams to girls in his office, asks them to even mark papers!

We hear you, tell me word when dem dey tell fool, according to Martins!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Nobody: 5:07am On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by naturally: 5:30am On Jan 11, 2015
And these lecturers have children o

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by agabaI23(m): 5:32am On Jan 11, 2015
This is an indictment on the he doesn't know how to teach. That's it!

BTW, why would any university allow such result? The senate should recall it and query the lecturer involved. Students know your right, report to VC.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by geelord(m): 5:38am On Jan 11, 2015
briliantsak:
Most of them are wicked...not all of them. imagine a lecturer telling a student of his openly in Class that she can never graduate with a First Class hons coz when e was in university too he didn't make d prestigious First Class hons.
Anyway, God Favor is the main thing in life... No matter what u graduated with, but we shld always try nd end well. In the society today, tiz nw a matter of what u can offer as an employer or employee to the society. Good grades can secure u a job, buh can't definitely keep it for u #self.development

Just like a lecturer told me i wld never graduate way back in school... it's thr pride to see thr students fail.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Curiouscity(m): 5:48am On Jan 11, 2015
I think NUC should make it mandatory that lecturer and their courses be evaluated anonymously at the end of the semester. Though I know some students are unserious with their studies and would write bad report about any lecturer they dislike, evaluation should say if the lecturer is fit to continue with the said course. A five-year or ten-year period should be used, if evaluation of a lecturer points to a particular weakness for this period, he should be called to order, or the course taken from him. Most lecturers act as if they have the key to your graduation because they are the only one teaching a core course.

On students' part, you guys need to wake up and reduce the amount you spend on social media. For most students, the internet is a curse rather than a blessing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Davidolives(m): 5:54am On Jan 11, 2015
who went to unad? you will definately remeber omowaye mat103 grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Davidolives(m): 5:57am On Jan 11, 2015
sundoj08:
Nigeria lecturers are really bleeped up, im in the states having a 3.97 on a 4.0 scale when i barele made a 2.5 on a 5.0 scale back then in naija.it's really pathetic
where? because me go make 10.0 on 4.0 scale b dat ooooooo grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Lordseyad(m): 5:59am On Jan 11, 2015
Unilorin--

If you are harrased by a lecturer, report it to the management- Am fvcking sure 'The lecturer is gonna face Tanke!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by josite: 6:03am On Jan 11, 2015
because to be kind is the only mistake you can make. if you help one student he will not keep quiet about it and tell others who will come blackmail you into helping them. cos they will tell you what you did for john.. then when they pass the way they ignore you on a chance meeting teaches you to treat them like animals which most of them are really are.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Kaxmytex(m): 6:36am On Jan 11, 2015
A is for God, B is for my wife, C is for some of you who are ready to die and be buried in the library.....

U go fear naija lecturer nah,wot a nice way to make dere student strong...

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Edusouls(m): 6:46am On Jan 11, 2015
cos students of nowadays are olodo's.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Psalmwise(m): 6:50am On Jan 11, 2015
theimmortals:
Why are Nigerian student Lazy?
I know u purposely asked dat quie so dat sumone would quote u....buh dat question wud ve rply if you cum to futa or shta

Stupid que

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by silvernus0: 6:52am On Jan 11, 2015
if you check well most of these lecturers that do this are probably the young once , they dont want you to graduate and come and compete with them and their job so they do every thing possible to disqualify as many in other to reduce the competition that will come to them.

They make sure you dont have first class and even frustrate you with your 2:1

that is why a nigerians make gud grades when abroad

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by simplibaba(m): 6:53am On Jan 11, 2015
Davidolives:
who went to unad? you will definately remeber omowaye mat103 grin

Ur head dey dere
Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:59am On Jan 11, 2015
yorex2011:
EFE
EDAFE
DEFE
FEEDEFEE (POWER TO D PEOPLE grin)
EHFEEZZY (APC) cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 11, 2015
This result is a reflection of bad teaching. In a sane clime, guy will defend his teaching ability before a panel.
All the students can't be dullards!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) by Aida13: 7:08am On Jan 11, 2015
Can't blame this lecturer when so many students come into uni with half-baked brain. Failed thru primary and secondary, then paid their way into uni only to display their poor educational foundation from Kindergarten to adulthood.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! / Guy Goes Naked In UNILAG ' Worshipping God '. / Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.