Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Mtn 3g Billing Fraud - Unacceptable - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn 3g Billing Fraud - Unacceptable (5841 Views)

MTN 3G Disconnects Intermitently Using Droid VPN On Android Devices / What Is Wrong With Mtn 3g Internet? / Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn 3g Billing Fraud - Unacceptable by unclesamtech(m): 3:59am On Oct 08, 2009
PLS ,l need MTN internet PLANS

can anybody help me to know which 1 l will go for,
Re: Mtn 3g Billing Fraud - Unacceptable by bameks(m): 6:25am On Dec 19, 2009
I've been using the night plan, it works well for me, no crazy billing. But I think just 3GB for 30 days is too small for 10k. I use the night plan, and during the day, I pay as I browse, yet my 3GB exhausts just in days, and my auto update is turned off.
For those complaining about the speed, if you are using MTN data card, go to options at choose 3G only, but make sure you're on MTN3G coverage area, else there'll be no service at all.
I still believe its getting better, since the data card has come down to 8.5k
Re: Mtn 3g Billing Fraud - Unacceptable by bameks(m): 6:55am On Dec 19, 2009
I've been using the night plan, it works well for me, no crazy billing. But I think just 3GB for 30 days is too small for 10k. I use the night plan, and during the day, I pay as I browse, yet my 3GB exhausts just in days, and my auto update is turned off.
For those complaining about the speed, if you are using MTN data card, go to options at choose 3G only, but make sure you're on MTN3G coverage area, else there'll be no service at all.
I still believe its getting better, since the data card has come down to 8.5k
Re: Mtn 3g Billing Fraud - Unacceptable by Toks2008(m): 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2010
Actually i would say that all these ISPs are thieves in a coded form.

I just got a 5k refund from zain a moment ago.

This was what happened.

I had 30mb remaining on my bundle so i decided to add another 1gig 2days ago so i loaded 5k card. I sent the code to bundle the 1gig but got a message that i can't bundle accumulatively but i must wait for the old bundle to expire.

But this was where the problem started. I checked my balance and saw 0 naira meaning the 5k had gone into the system so i simply assumed that zain will activate the new bundle after the remaining 30mb from the old subscrition expires.

To my amazement,i could'nt browse so i called their customer care about 4 times asking them why their system will take my 5k without giving me the appropriate bundle.

A staff really got me infuriated when he told me that i had used the whole 5k explaining that the system started deducting 15kobo per kilobyte as soon as the previous 30mb expired.

Friends,you need to hear my threats to zain and i meant every word of it that i was going to bring down their reputaion in every way possible starting from writing a letter to NCC.

I also made a recommendation to them that the program ought to be in such a way that a notification should be sent to subscribers after exhausting their bundle and not the criminal way the system uses by automated deduction of charges from your main account without prior notice. And that their system should not take out our money if bundling is impossible at that point in time.

The good news is that the 5k has been refunded and the 1024mb is now on my moderm.Thanks to my pestering actions.

So my advice to anyone using these networks is to wait until every single nanobyte is exhausted before putting a dime on the internet account and if possible,remove the sim from the moderm and reload/reactivate the internet sim account from your handset .

Nevertheless,in terms of funtionality,i recommend zain to anyone as it is very efficient in terms of speed and usage. Despite the fact that i spend ample time online as an online fx trader,i still manage to stay over 3 weeks on the 5k bundle of 1024mb.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Purchase Raspberry PI In Nigeria / Fix Your Computer For A Token - Know Prices +more Laptop /desktop/notebook / Dell Latitude E7440 Intel Core I5 2.5ghz 500gbhdd/4gbRam/wifi/bluth@100k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.