Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Ukoh: Why I Switched To Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ukoh: Why I Switched To Nigeria (640 Views)

Why I Dumped Nigeria For Qatar — Asia’s Fastest Man, Ogunode / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Switched Off The Gas Tap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ukoh: Why I Switched To Nigeria by solbase10(m): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
–Swiss based star explains change in nationality

FC Biel-Bienne of Switzerland midfielder, Steve Ukoh who is currently with the Super Eagles of Nigeria in UAE ahead of the friendlies with Ivory Coast and Sudan has given reasons why he chose to play for Nigeria.

Steve Ukoh, 23, who met his Eagles team mates for the first time in UAE has played for the Swiss national U-16,17,18,19 and 20 teams, he revealed that he chose to play for Nigeria when he was approached after a game in Switzerland.

“I was approached by Nigeria after a game in Switzerland, before then I never thought I’ll play for Nigeria it’s an honor for me to be here with the Super Eagles in UAE and I’m looking forward to playing in the two friendlies,”said Ukoh.

Born from a Nigerian father and a Swiss mother, Ukoh recalled that it’s been over two decades since he last visited Nigeria.

“My father is a Nigerian but my mum is from Switzerland and she cooks a lot of Nigerian food. The last time I was in Nigeria was around twenty one years ago, I was well received when I joined the Eagles and it’s like a big family and I’m happy.

“I know some Nigerian foods like Ogbono, Egusi, Bitter leaf, Pounded yam. My parents cook a lot of Nigerian food at home so I’m very familiar with Nigerian food.

Steve Ukoh who is expected to play a part in the friendlies stated that he is looking forward to a future invitation.

“I’ll give my best at all times and I’m looking forward to playing for Nigeria many times. I’m looking forward to a future invitation to the Super Eagles, I’m very happy here and I hope that by the grace of God this will continue”, Ukoh concluded.

Source: http://completesportsnigeria.com/ukoh-switched-nigeria/

Re: Ukoh: Why I Switched To Nigeria by seankay(m): 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
Even if he plays for Brazil, kokanmi!

(1) (Reply)

Africa Loves Football – African Cup Of Nations / Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 0 Full Time (DOWNLOAD FULL HIGHLIGHT) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.