Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

It ended in praise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It ended in praise (3806 Views)

Did I Act Too Desperate?? / Help A Desperate Friend Is Taking Over My Marriage / 12 Lies Desperate Men Use To Get Nigerian Ladies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It ended in praise by Nnetriplet: 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: It ended in praise by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
Honey I think u hav a low sperm count..let's go c a doctor.. Was dat so hard?

3 Likes

Re: It ended in praise by Abduletudaye(m): 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2015
Approach him in his good mood..then tell me gently..I hope he understands..
Re: It ended in praise by SUV(f): 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
Does he know about ur own problem? Involve him in seeking for solution to ur own problem. In d process tell him to also hv himself checked, if possible talk to d doctor he trust, n let d doctor request for d examination frm him.
Hope this helps. Goodluck!

3 Likes

Re: It ended in praise by pweetixandy: 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
I hate things like this
Re: It ended in praise by Kimoni: 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
But how do you know he has low sperm count?? #just wondering.

Tell him about ur problems and invite him to see the doctor with you sometimes. From there, encourage him to also check himself so that both of you are rest assured nothing is hindering you from conception.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: It ended in praise by Nnetriplet: 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
The last time I "stylishly" hinted the idea to him on phone, he was silent for some seconds and told me "honey I don't think am the one with the problem, take care of yourself first" tho since then I have never raised the issue
Re: It ended in praise by Nnetriplet: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
Kimoni:

Tell him about ur problems and invite him to see the doctor with you sometimes. From there, encourage him to also check himself so that both of you are rest assured nothing is hindering you from conception.

Good luck!
His sperm is very watery and transparent
Re: It ended in praise by Nnetriplet: 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
SUV:
Does he know about ur own problem? Involve him in seeking for solution to ur own problem. In d process tell him to also hv himself checked, if possible talk to d doctor he trust, n let d doctor request for d examination frm him.
Hope this helps. Goodluck!
Thank sir for d advice, he knows about my problem, but the problem is that we are not in the same state...he told me he went for urine culture after a bout of fever and was told he has E. coli infection
Re: It ended in praise by Kimoni: 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
Nnetriplet:

Oh I see. Encourage him then to go see the doctor with you and tell him ur observations. The goal is not to ridicule him cuz you are talking about ur own challenges as well, the goal is for you guys to start a family asap. Moreover, age is not so much on his side.
Re: It ended in praise by Nnetriplet: 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
Cutehector4u:
Honey I think u hav a low sperm count..let's go c a doctor.. Was dat so hard?
Hmmm...easier said u speak as if u are not a male, dnt u know hw u guyz behave

2 Likes

Re: It ended in praise by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
u have not solved ur own prblm u want 2 carry his own on ur head. find solution 2 ur prblm 1st b4 talking about his own
Re: It ended in praise by Nnetriplet: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
lofty900:
u have not solved ur own prblm u want 2 carry his own on ur head. find solution 2 ur prblm 1st b4 talking about his own
Is it bad if I (we) want to solve both his and my problem simultaneously?

4 Likes

Re: It ended in praise by Nnetriplet: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
Kimoni:

Oh I see. Encourage him then to go see the doctor with you and tell him ur observations. The goal is not to ridicule him cuz you are talking about ur own challenges as well, the goal is for you guys to start a family asap. Moreover, age is not so much on his side.
Thanks for the advice
Re: It ended in praise by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
Nnetriplet:

Is it bad if I (we) want to solve both his and my problem simultaneously?
not at all but its easier to solve ur own 1st after which u can confidently walk up 2 him and tell him to go check himself. he is an adult, he'll appreciate u more knowing u care about his health
Re: It ended in praise by lirusehn(m): 5:26pm On Jan 11, 2015

yu need the Medic first undecided

Re: It ended in praise by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
why did you marry a man you fear communicating to?? undecided... . You have an underlying issue and it's good you talk about it together... He needs to visit a doctor too since he has issues. .who knows He may even be the cause of the childlessness...

You both can get a doctor to handle it...
Re: It ended in praise by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
I am not a medical doctor,but I know that low sperm count has nothing to do with the physical lightness or thickness of the semen. So,get that out of your mind.

I am happy you know that men are very egoistic and do not take it lightly when it is bruised. I would advise you take care of yourself first before confirming the suspicion whether he has low sperm count.

And I really do not think its something you should discuss on phone. By the way,though he's 19 years older, at 40 his system is still 'fresh' unless he has had untreated ailments.

Find time, meet him one on one, most likely in bed and put it like this'honey,dont you think you should go for a test just to be sure both of us are okay? I am not saying anything is wrong with you oo!'

You guys might laugh over it,but he ll get the hint. Its a sensitive issue,handle it as such. It us well with you

2 Likes

Re: It ended in praise by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
Nnetriplet:

I'm graduating February, and I will soon pack in permanently to his house...I want to take care of this "problem" before going there

Why?
Re: It ended in praise by mutter(f): 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2015
The test for a woman are more complicated and more expensive. A man just has to do one test. It is the procedure that both get themselves tested. He can test himself just to exclude that so that they can focus on you. You need to tell the doctor that this is your fear. He will send for your husband and explain it to him the right way.
The doctors have seen many of such cases and know how to handle the men.

3 Likes

Re: It ended in praise by thorpido(m): 8:07am On Jan 12, 2015
Your amenorrhea is a problem on its own.You need to get the results of the test and know what to do about that first.
You can't look at s.emen and decide someone has low sperm count just by appearance even if it appears watery.Usually,if there is infertility,the woman is the one the work-up starts with.However,most gynaecologists involve both partners.
Just tell your husband that the doctor wants both of you to see him and usually the doctor will prescribe s.emen analysis for the man too.

1 Like

Re: It ended in praise by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 12, 2015
Nnetriplet:
The last time I "stylishly" hinted the idea to him on phone, he was silent for some seconds and told me "honey I don't think am the one with the problem, take care of yourself first" tho since then I have never raised the issue

So tell him to go with you to the doc..
Re: It ended in praise by kreamidiva(f): 8:47am On Jan 12, 2015
He is already sensitive to the issue. I would advise that like he said, you treat yourself first and take it up from there. If you are ok to have kids and the kids are still not coming then, he won't object to going for a check-up.

ileobatojo:

Why?

She wan born carry belle sharperly tongue
Re: It ended in praise by Richy4(m): 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nnetriplet:

I am not a doctor, but I guess since you guys are living in different part of the state, he might be doing some self service alot due to your absence. that could be the reason for the watery sperm. if he stays for a week or two without that, it might be normal and ok.

For the fact that he is older than you does not mean he got low sperm count. as others advice, tell him what you are facing and also tell him to check himself with you to make sure there is no problem
Re: It ended in praise by Juzzybabe(f): 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2015
Kimoni:

Good luck!
The Best and simplest approach. Supported!
Re: It ended in praise by Nnetriplet: 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
Richy4:

I am not a doctor, but I guess since you guys are living in different part of the state, he might be doing some self service alot due to your absence. that could be the reason for the watery sperm. if he stays for a week or two without that, it might be normal and ok.

For the fact that he is older than you does not mean he got low sperm count. as others advice, tell him what you are facing and also tell him to check himself with you to make sure there is no problem

Ok thanks for the advice
Re: It ended in praise by Nnetriplet: 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
I am not a medical doctor,but I know that low sperm count has nothing to do with the physical lightness or thickness of the semen. So,get that out of your mind.

I am happy you know that men are very egoistic and do not take it lightly when it is bruised. I would advise you take care of yourself first before confirming the suspicion whether he has low sperm count.

And I really do not think its something you should discuss on phone. By the way,though he's 19 years older, at 40 his system is still 'fresh' unless he has had untreated ailments.

Find time, meet him one on one, most likely in bed and put it like this'honey,dont you think you should go for a test just to be sure both of us are okay? I am not saying anything is wrong with you oo!'

You guys might laugh over it,but he ll get the hint. Its a sensitive issue,handle it as such. It us well with you
Thank u sir for d advice
Re: It ended in praise by freecocoa(f): 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
I'm more concerned about the fact that you can't talk to your husband about something as important as this without fear, how do you intend to communicate with him all through the marriage?

2 Likes

Re: It ended in praise by Nnetriplet: 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
ileobatojo:

Why?
So that I can take in immediately
Re: It ended in praise by Nnetriplet: 3:38pm On Jan 12, 2015
mutter:
The test for a woman are more complicated and more expensive. A man just has to do one test. It is the procedure that both get themselves tested. He can test himself just to exclude that so that they can focus on you. You need to tell the doctor that this is your fear. He will send for your husband and explain it to him the right way.
The doctors have seen many of such cases and know how to handle the men.
The problem Sir is that we are in different states...had it been we are together we would have gone to the Doctor together but that's not possible.
Re: It ended in praise by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nnetriplet:

So that I can take in immediately

Ok. But why? What if you don't take in immediately? What's the emergency? Why can't you just work on sorting things out when you get there instead of pressurizing him from afar? Of the two of you, you are the one with the obvious medical issue which you haven't sorted out yet. I think you need to calm down and stop putting undue pressure on everybody. Unless you have more evidence that he has a low sperm count beyond how his sperm looks.

2 Likes

Re: It ended in praise by marbee(f): 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
Try and relax a little, treat yourself first,then when you have move in with your husband,both of you can confidently go to the hospital for check up. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Look So Older Than My Age! Will I Ever Get A Man To Marry Me? / Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? / Have You Ever Seen Your Parent Kiss In Your Whole Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.