Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. (1579 Views)

A Question From Seun To Atheists, Christians And Muslims / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by graciousolo(m): 8:54am On Jan 12, 2015
Dr Kunle/Tunde Agboola is a Grail message teacher on Raypower fm (10pm Sun ).
So many things He says are contradictory to the Bible.
.Here's a few I heard last night.
-He claims that religions have been perverted (I.e no religion or preacher is on track).
-He encouraged premarital sex.
-He explained "What God has joined together;let no man put asunder " as applicable to "sexually active" unmarried people, If they genuinely love each other. and that even married people that are not "genuinely " in love can be put asunder.
-He said every prophet after Mohammed was/is false.
-He agrees that Jesus is the only way to heaven,but even If you are not a Christian,as much as you stick to good deeds or His commands you will make heaven.

As much as this affects all religion, it contradicts the Christian doctrine more. everybody is invited to join this discussion.

My problem, is that everybody that calls into the show sounds confuse, lackluster, interested and filled with the alacrity start practicing What he's said.

My question, Where are the Christian, Muslim scholars?
Don't you listen to this program?
Are you not equipped enough to pull an argument/debate ?
Do you agree with him?

Even If you don't listen to his programs and have heard about it,please say something. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by dejt4u(m): 9:37am On Jan 12, 2015
None of my biz.. Everybody is entitled to his own opinion and belief so far it is nt affecting others..
If u lyk say Jesus is a female or Quran is written by GMB.. I dont really care!
Re: A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by nedu2000(m): 10:16am On Jan 12, 2015
nothing wrong with his ideology,at least it doesnt encourage suicide bombing and killing of civilians
Re: A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 12, 2015
heard worse.

....shrugs and walks away....
Re: A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by ogtavia(m): 10:59am On Jan 12, 2015
Mojanity:
heard worse.

....shrugs and walks away....
Really...u mean u actually ur bbm pin as ur profile picture..?
Re: A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by hahn(m): 11:26am On Jan 12, 2015
Apparently the so-called scholars are aware of their perversion of the gospel and never seem to welcome any form of intellectual debate unless it involves controlling the minds of their followers and exploiting their ignorance.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
E concern you? Come on your picture is a car. Nice grammar by the waywink
ogtavia:

Really...u mean u actually ur bbm pin as ur profile picture..?
Re: A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by ogtavia(m): 2:59pm On Jan 12, 2015
Mojanity:

E concern you? Come on your picture is a car. Nice grammar by the waywink

lol...just saw it now,I was half asleep when I typed it...what's with d car btw?
Re: A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by EvilBrain1(m): 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
@OP: People can say whatever they want on the radio. Whether or not it agrees with your particular religion is irrelevant. Nigeria is a secular country and Christianity has no special rights or privileges. The airwaves are full of intolerant Christians insulting other people's religions all day. It is even fairly common to hear Christians promoting killing people of other faiths and desecrating their holy places in the guise of of "killing witches" and "destroying the works of Satan". The radio does not belong to your religion alone.

You are free to call into the program yourself and counter what the man is saying. If he keeps on defeating you and your co-religionists with logic, perhaps its because your religion is rubbish and you need to change it.

If you can't deal with hearing contrasting ideas or allowing others the freedom to promote their religion the same way you promote yours, you are free to move to Saudi Arabia. I hear that there are no Grail Message preachers on the radio there.

2 Likes

Re: A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by graciousolo(m): 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2015
hahn:
Apparently the so-called scholars are aware of their perversion of the gospel and never seem to welcome any form of intellectual debate unless it involves controlling the minds of their followers and exploiting their ignorance.

Peace
exactly what I'm tryna say. I respect everyones opinion. But I expect esp christian callers to come out and dispute his claims.
Re: A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by plaetton: 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
graciousolo:
exactly what I'm tryna say. I respect everyones opinion. But I expect esp christian callers to come out and dispute his claims.

Dispute it for what purpose?

Be sincere and ask yourself if you think you really understand what christianity is and what Jesus taught or indtended to be taught.
From whence do you get your understanding of christianity or the scriptures?

It always amazes me how an African deems himself more competent to interpret a religion formed 2000yrs ago, more than the people, the Catholic church, that shaped it's development.

1 Like

Re: A slap in the face of all Christians and Muslims. by Redlyn: 11:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
Religion is confused. Why do You think there are so many denominations within 1 religion? No one has the real version because it's all up to the reader to interpret literarily or metaphorically really up to you. Was 6 days as we know it ? Was it a real talking snake. Who knows. No one.

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Court Sentences Gang Rape Victim To 200 Lashes And Custodial Sentence / Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.