Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Tetragrammaton (YHWH) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tetragrammaton (YHWH) (1371 Views)

Jesus Christ Is YHWH God The Father (greatest Mystery Ever) / Jesus Christ Is Yhwh (jehovah) / Yhwh Never Changes, Jesus Christ Never Changes....yhwh Is Jesus Christ!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tetragrammaton (YHWH) by bingbagbo(m): 10:06am On Jan 12, 2015
This is four Hebrew letters (Yod, He, Waw and He) called the "Tetragrammaton". The four characters are the four Hebrew letters that correspond to YHWH and are transliterated IAUE or Yahweh. Yahweh is the name of the Almighty Father in Heaven that people commonly call "The LORD" or "God". The reason we see "LORD" and "God" in our bibles is because of a Jewish tradition that the name Yahweh was not to be spoken for fear that the name be blasphemed. However, the scriptures declare that His name should be exalted (e.g. Ps 68:4) and the third commandment forbids this practice. The Preface of some bibles will admit why they change His name. Nearly all will cite tradition and familiarity as the reason.

The ancient Hebrew language that the Hebrew Scriptures were written in did not have vowels. In the original Hebrew, God’s name is given as "YHWH." This is known as the tetragrammaton. Because of the lack of vowels, Bible scholars debate how the tetragrammaton “YHWH” was pronounced

The most likely choice for how the tetragrammaton was pronounced is "Yahweh" or something very similar to that. The name "Yahweh" refers to God's self-existence. "Yahweh" is linked with how God described Himself in Exodus 3:14, "God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.' This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" God's name is a reflection of His being. God is the only self-existent / self-sufficient Being in the universe. Only God has life in and of Himself. That is the essential meaning of the tetragrammaton / YHWH / Yahweh.

Re: Tetragrammaton (YHWH) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
bingbagbo:
This is four Hebrew letters (Yod, He, Waw and He) called the "Tetragrammaton". The four characters are the four Hebrew letters that correspond to YHWH and are transliterated IAUE or Yahweh. Yahweh is the name of the Almighty Father in Heaven that people commonly call "The LORD" or "God". The reason we see "LORD" and "God" in our bibles is because of a Jewish tradition that the name Yahweh was not to be spoken for fear that the name be blasphemed. However, the scriptures declare that His name should be exalted (e.g. Ps 68:4) and the third commandment forbids this practice. The Preface of some bibles will admit why they change His name. Nearly all will cite tradition and familiarity as the reason.

The ancient Hebrew language that the Hebrew Scriptures were written in did not have vowels. In the original Hebrew, God’s name is given as "YHWH." This is known as the tetragrammaton. Because of the lack of vowels, Bible scholars debate how the tetragrammaton “YHWH” was pronounced

The most likely choice for how the tetragrammaton was pronounced is "Yahweh" or something very similar to that. The name "Yahweh" refers to God's self-existence. "Yahweh" is linked with how God described Himself in Exodus 3:14, "God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.' This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" God's name is a reflection of His being. God is the only self-existent / self-sufficient Being in the universe. Only God has life in and of Himself. That is the essential meaning of the tetragrammaton / YHWH / Yahweh.
YHWH was a Sacred Name not to be pronounced by the hebrews for fear of blaspheming. YHWH is the real name of God. Some religious organisations translate Yahweh to mean Jehovah but the two names are seperate.

Op do u also know that Jesus Christ is YHWH, i found a verse in the Hebrew translation in the new testament where Jesus is called YHWH the One that laid the foundations of the heaven and earth.

YHWH is God the Father. Jesus Christ also bears the name YHWH cos He is the image of God and represents God and bears the fullness of the Godhead and Jesus and God the Father are One. Henceforth Jesus Christ is YHWH God the Son

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tetragrammaton (YHWH) by bingbagbo(m): 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
YHWH was a Sacred Name not to be pronounced by the hebrews for fear of blaspheming. YHWH is the real name of God. Some religious organisations translate Yahweh to mean Jehovah but the two names are seperate.

Op do u also know that Jesus Christ is YHWH, i found a verse in the Hebrew translation in the new testament where Jesus is called YHWH the One that laid the foundations of the heaven and earth.

YHWH is God the Father. Jesus Christ also bears the name YHWH cos He is the image of God and represents God and bears the fullness of the Godhead and Jesus and God the Father are One. Henceforth Jesus Christ is YHWH God the Son

GOD bless you bro cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tetragrammaton (YHWH) by Weah96: 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
Hebrew things. LOL. I like Chinese things myself, fck the Jews.
Re: Tetragrammaton (YHWH) by bingbagbo(m): 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2018
Weah96:
Hebrew things. LOL. I like Chinese things myself, fck the Jews.

Jesus forgive you

(1) (Reply)

Is It True MUSLIM Is The MAJOR Problem In This WORLD / Pray 4 Nigeria Pray 4 Lebanon Pray 4 Paris As D Muslims Slaughter, Keep Praying / Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.