Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Images And Copyright Issues - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Images And Copyright Issues (726 Views)

How To Optimize Images For Better Search Engine Rankings / How Do I Report Family Parliament For Copyright Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Images And Copyright Issues by Ajax1211: 11:55am On Jan 12, 2015
Hello all, am building an e-commerce site for a company that sells electronics.

Now i need images of their products, the problem is that i cant snap the images my self because they have over 1000 products so i have no choice but to get the images online.

Where do i get these images online without having copyright issues.

Thanks.
Re: Images And Copyright Issues by yawatide(f): 6:45pm On Jan 12, 2015
Unless specifically stated, I don't think there is anything wrong with you copying an image for your site and adding a "credit" line right underneath it. I have done this on a few ecommerce sites that I have implemented in the past and so far, no issues.

HNY!
Re: Images And Copyright Issues by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
Just fade the image a bit, fade your logo into the background.

Disclaimer: when you get caught, I shall not be responsible!
Re: Images And Copyright Issues by bedfordng(m): 9:11am On Jan 13, 2015
it all depends on what the person is selling.since its electronics and if it is a well know makers like lg, samsung etc, then google image can be used if you are not deceiving some one with the image.put samsung and what buyers get would be different.as long as you don't do that, then you can use google image since you are promoting brands product
Re: Images And Copyright Issues by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 13, 2015
^^^^follow that and you might end up in prison. . . .roasting away like turkey
Re: Images And Copyright Issues by kingthreat(m): 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2015
If it is me, I will go to the manufacturer's site and copy the pictures? Wont the manufacturers be happy you are selling from them?
By the way, if it were a terrible crime then classifieds like OLX should be down by now
Re: Images And Copyright Issues by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2015
^^^Thank you o jare, why him even create this thread in the first place sef?
Re: Images And Copyright Issues by ifyalways(f): 10:02am On Jan 27, 2015
yawatide:
Unless specifically stated, I don't think there is anything wrong with you copying an image for your site and adding a "credit" line right underneath it. I have done this on a few ecommerce sites that I have implemented in the past and so far, no issues.

HNY!
Hello, can we talk off here. My contact is ifyalways at Gmail dot com.
Re: Images And Copyright Issues by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
it's only in 9ja day copyright is not a problem. just go to Google and search for the product, click on images and download as many as u want
Re: Images And Copyright Issues by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
it's only in 9ja dat copyright is not a problem. just go to Google and search for the product, click on images and download as many as u want
Re: Images And Copyright Issues by ifyalways(f): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
Na wao.

How do i get yawa-ti-de bikonu ?

(1) (Reply)

Tiny Post / Cheap Web Hosting Company To Work With / Website For Sale At A Cheap Price (about 30k Daily Pv)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.