Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,263 members, 7,839,328 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 (27265 Views)

Manufacturers Urge CBN To Raise Special Window Allocation To Smes To $100,000 / Manufacturers Return To Black Market For Forex / GTBANK To Return To Regular Banking Hours Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by wordcat(m): 2:18pm On Jan 13, 2015
100Cents:

AGO meaning diesel ?

So Ibeto imports diesel too ?

Yes
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by sanmibukunmi: 2:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
Buhari will come and stabillize it......

Sai Buhari.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by DNDROID(m): 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
2sExy1:
no b lie... I wanted Fashola but it's all political to get vote from the North if you look at it critically. I just hope that the General will work with member of his cabinet by being flexible to accept fresh ideas from the likes of Fashola who would be working with him. That's the only I see him making giant strides...
Oga don't think that way...pls...

APC have failed to be the party that will change the Nigerian politics from a one party system...

How can you even imagine that man in power again?

They should have just put up Amaechi or Oshomole and Fashola in the first place....

But it is not too late doh..
They can still drop this their combo...
The elections haven't started grin
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by rhymz(m): 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
The Saudi Prince is echoing the Saudi government's wish, the investment in shale oil technologies drastically reduce not necessarily that they don't wish for it to go up.

Saudi Arabia blatantly refused to cut oil production for this reason, instead they have continued to favor the glut in the market and hope that falling prices will disencourage energy companies exploring fraking and horizontal drilling to extract usable crude from shale formation in North Dakota and Texas.

The fact still remains that if it continues to fall, even Saudi Arabia with its huge foreign reserve might not be able to sustain the price war and keep waiting when most energy companies in the US and Canada will stop their alternative crude oil source investment.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by OneDemola: 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
odimbannamdi:
From the information above, oil prices can be likened to FOREX: It hits support and resistance lines and bounces off or breaks through it. Its unfortunate that it has currently broken through its support level. Sorry if my illustration above sounds like swahili to you.

"Cheap gas here to stay? If those predictions are accurate, it could also mean gas in the U.S. might not go above $3 again. Thanks to the oil meltdown, the national average price of gas has plunged to $2.13, compared with $3.31 a year ago, according to AAA."

The price of oil in the outside market has dropped and, correspondingly, the price at which the citizens of the US buy gas has dropped from 3.13USD to 2.13USD. a whooping near-35% reduction! Unfortunately, this is not the case in Nigeria. We produce the oil, the price drops much more than our national budget anticipates in the foreign market, but still, we the citizens, buy exactly the same price we used to when the prices were high. Its pitiable.

Left to me, i would suggest that the price keeps falling and consequently our naira currency. CBN shouldnt deplete our foreign reserves by trying to boost the USD/NGN rate. It is just a futile attempt towards delaying the inevitable.

The United Arab Emirates forsaw this fall in oil prices, so they invested in their tourism sector, erecting magnificent 5-star hotels and creating conducive environments for tourists. Nigerian leaders are not proactive. in our time of bloom, we dined and wined and never prepared for the rainy day. Now it has happened!

Our problems arose as a result of our total dependence on oil revenue. Other sectors of the economy should be revived. The Agricultural sector, if efficiently harnessed and honed, can turn our economy around for the better.

The problem of Nigeria is a case of MAN THE CAUSE, MAN THE SOLUTION

Very well said. The honest and sad truth is that we needed to see a crash in the price of oil before Nigeria decided to get it's act together, "Cause & Effect". It's still depressing to see that the Finance Minister has presented a budget of "Business-As-Usual", with recurrent expenditure still on a record-high, and Capital Expenditure (the lifeblood of any serious country) relegated to the fringes, with some poor excuse that the balance of the Capital Expenditure will be "supported by borrowings", as if it is free money that such lending financial institutions would be providing.

It's a real show of shame in this country.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by kenex4ever(m): 3:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
ernieboy:

u are even the bigger mediocre, do u know what it takes to even setup a small factory in nig? U will have to first setup a power plant or u are not serious, this effectively doubles your startup capital
This thing we talking abt is an "African Problem", ok what abt other black con3s with relatively steady light eg Ghana? Even south africans are where they r 2day because of d whites (though dey still depend chiefly on natural resources).
Even if USA decides to xchange con3 with nigeria today we will all die of cold and hunger in one month but they will flourish in nigeria, and dat isn't because of dia govt but because of their individual abilities. So my point is, instead of us to keep pointing fingers at d leaders let's begin to take d blame on ourselves.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by ATribeCalledBen(m): 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
sauceny:
Bad for Nigeria's economy,if we don't act fast in 6yrs coming,we all will feel the bad impact of an economy depending solely on oil.
lol...yearsif things continues like this ehn...in 6 yrs time we'll be eating grass na
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by kenex4ever(m): 4:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
2sExy1:
You are daft for calling my words mediocre... cos no one survive in an inhabitable terrain, slowpoke. if only your bean sized brain can process that. undecided

Could those companies succeed if the US government didn't support them by providing enabling environment?
but mediocre is actually nt an insult (it means some1 dat under estimates him/her self, some1 dat has enough reasons not to make an effort ) so y rain -ve words on me?
This thing we talking abt is an "African Problem", ok what abt other black con3s with relatively steady light eg Ghana? Even south africans are where they r 2day because of d whites (though dey still depend chiefly on natural resources).
Even if USA decides to xchange con3 with nigeria today we will all die of cold and hunger in one month but they will flourish in nigeria, and dat isn't because of dia govt but because of their individual abilities. So my point is, instead of us to keep pointing fingers at d leaders let's begin to take d blame on ourselves.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by kenex4ever(m): 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
2sExy1:
SHOW ME THE ONE YOU HAVE INVESTED IN? START WITH YOURSELF BEFORE POINTING FINGERS
IF I show u, u ll b d first to shout "He is showing off!, he is too full of himself!" So I aint showing u bae
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
kenex4ever:
but mediocre is actually nt an insult (it means some1 dat under estimates him/her self, some1 dat has enough reasons not to make an effort ) so y rain -ve words on me?
mediocre also means inferior , or substandard... we are saying same thing with you even realizing it...
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by kenex4ever(m): 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
2sExy1:
mediocre also means inferior , or substandard... we are saying same thing with you even realizing it...
ok, but I didn't mean it in dat manner u wrote. We r saying dsame thing but we need to depend less on govt, it's better we put d blame on ourselves instead of putting it on one GEJ or Whoever is d president.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by ttmacoy: 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2015
That's the mentality that has gotten the country where it is. Where there is clear separation between the church and common sense leadership. Where God will do it is the mantra ignoring the fact that God has given you all you need to succeed. Where a pastors prophesy is valued more than integrity, hardwork and honesty.

Where instead of investing in science to eradicate diseases, we would rather spend the money in church and say God will do it.

Nigeria has the highest number of churches per capita in the world, yet where are we with it all Over religious yet corrupt and evil.

Andibot:
All this noise because a man has spoken? Who is he to speak when d lord has not spoken? Fellow Nigerians u have no need to fear. Such was said during d global economic meltdown. Yet we survived it. It does not actually mean we shouldn't b proactive buh for d fact dat it has happened, the lord will see us through.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by dorox(m): 5:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
Only an idīot will believe that oil will never sell for more than a hundred dollars again.
I predict that by middle of next year oil will be over a hundred dollars per barrel.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 13, 2015
dorox:
Only an idīot will believe that oil will never sell for more than a hundred dollars again.
I predict that by middle of next year oil will be over a hundred dollars per barrel.

who are you?
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by ttmacoy: 5:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
Shale oil is a threat to conventional oil at the right prices, and the cost of extracting shale oil is expected to continue to fall with increasing development and improvement in the technology.

Saudi Arabia is not suppressing prices in conjunction with America as shale oil is a competitor. Saudi did not reduce output because whilst that may stabilise oil prices a bit, it also means volume of oil sold falls hence there is still a fall in revenue.

This is a win win situation for America as if oil prices goes up, shale picks up and America exports lot of oil, if oil prices falls, its cheaper for American consumer who are the second country that consumes oil after China. The money saved from lower il process is spent in other parts of the economy which is a boost. America unlike countries like Saudi and Nigeria only makes a very small percentage of government revenue from oil. Shale is all private companies so from a GDP and government revenue perspective, America is in a win win situation.

fairheven:

Shale oil is not yet a treat to conventional oil and gas industry.
Belif it or not the Saudis are workin with the Americans to make western sanctions on Russian an Iran more impactful..even Iranian foreign minister recently confirmed it..wait an see,the moment the Russians stop meddling in the politics of Ukraine,the sanctions will be lifted an the saudis will cut their oil output "mark my words"
The more reason Saudis don't realy care about wt happens to international oil prize..it that they have got enof external reserve,an care-less about public unrest..
About American preferring lower international oil..that is not tenable because currently the American government is producing more oil than it can consume an has more reserve than any other,now they are even thinking of export as the moratorium law on oil exports is about been repealed.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by TheAlchemist: 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2015
AZeD1:

OPEC as an organisation supplies about 20% of the world's crude oil. You won't want to piss of your biggest member. Besides there's nothing OPEC can do, cutting oil quotas to raise the price plays into the hand of shale oil producers.

ala classic "CATCH 22"
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by TheAlchemist: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Oil reliant economies, even the boom ones, are not stable economies.....as the article quoted below puts it...

This may not be a problem in the short-term so long as the country has enough foreign exchange to pay for the imports. The depression in the non-oil export sector and the boom in the other two sectors have medium to long term implications for the economy because the oil windfall will not be permanent given the volatility, unpredictability and exhaustibility of crude oil. For instance, if there is a decline in oil prices and oil revenue, the lagging and collapsing non-oil export sector will not be able to compensate for the drop in oil revenue while domestic demand for the non-traded goods and imports remain sticky. Consequently, the country will be forced to borrow from the international financial market to compensate for the decline in oil revenue. Over time, external debts will increase and so will the debt service obligations. Even when oil prices go up later and there is another round of oil windfall, it is difficult to correct the earlier damage or distortions created by the initial or previous oil windfall. In some cases, the oil exporting country may be forced to adopt some form of structural adjustment program (SAP) to correct such distortions or imbalances. Some of these SAPs are painful and may increase the prevalence, depth and severity of poverty.

Infact, oil economies that do well are

1.Have populations below 15 million (Saudi and UAE and Norway)

2.Have strongly diversified economies....especially industrial economies. (Norway again).

let me add no. 3 have fantastic thinkers... by the way the World Chess Champion is from Norway... Nairaland can thank me for this piece of info later!
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by TheAlchemist: 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
wordcat:

No, This is a Good News for Nigerians and Bad News to her corrupt leaders.

Sorry, this is not bad news for our corrupt leaders,.... it will just make them more desperate in their stealing as they become increasingly aware that the pot of soup is dwindling at an alarming rate.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by AZeD1(m): 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2015
TheAlchemist:

ala classic "CATCH 22"
Yep!
That's the reason why Oil will never get to $100 again because as soon as it becomes profitable for shale drillers, there will be a glut.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by ollyruffy: 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
And Jonathief and his cohorts have looted the treasury dry.

More reason to vote the vampires out in February.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by wordcat(m): 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
TheAlchemist:

Sorry, this is not bad news for our corrupt leaders,.... it will just make them more desperate in their stealing as they become increasingly aware that the pot of soup is dwindling at an alarming rate.

He who's down fears no fall, the Nigerians masses have been down for so long. When d price of crude was $110 per barrel, our corrupt govt couldn't boast of any tangible thing they do with the excess money. No road, no electricity, no good healt care system, no qualitative & quantitative education, CIVIL SERVANTS ARE NOT BEEN PAID as and when do.

So tell me, what are we going to loss if the price of crude goes for $10 per barrel or even less?

Mind you, the price of AGO is dropping everyday so we masses are likely going to be the ones to laugh last.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by Feraz(m): 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:
It is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Modified at 10.54 am

Nigeria must get off oil dependency, and also must get rid of the idea that selling raw materials.....be it cocoa,oil palm,groundnut, cassava,oil, etc...and sharing the money via budget ....is the way to prosperity.

What will save us now...is the manufacture of radios, cars,computers, tablets, furniture, etc...and the continued promotion of innovative changes in such things,and technical education,and increased investment in power....so that we can have a GDP that would be the envy of most countries.
How many Nigerians believe in their products? These same Nigerians that will choose to criticize what another has made instead of investing and seeing it turn to international standard. . . .

It just beats me that almost all past administrations didn't deem it fit to make the steel industry functional. Even education, they have refused to invest if not, we'd have been seeing the benefits now.

Alternatives to oil are being sort out. Look up a recent investment going on in the name of project ITER.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by MitchDLeo(m): 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
[size=18pt]My brother or sister you have said the bitter TRUTH. Sometimes I feel GOD himself is angry with Nigeria, despite all the gifts he has blessed that country with(population, abundance in land, natural resources and intelligence), they still want him to come and do the job for them.[/size].
ttmacoy:
That's the mentality that has gotten the country where it is. Where there is clear separation between the church and common sense leadership. Where God will do it is the mantra ignoring the fact that God has given you all you need to succeed. Where a pastors prophesy is valued more than integrity, hardwork and honesty.

Where instead of investing in science to eradicate diseases, we would rather spend the money in church and say God will do it.

Nigeria has the highest number of churches per capita in the world, yet where are we with it all Over religious yet corrupt and evil.

Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by Feraz(m): 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2015
Andibot:
All this noise because a man has spoken? Who is he to speak when d lord has not spoken? Fellow Nigerians u have no need to fear. Such was said during d global economic meltdown. Yet we survived it. It does not actually mean we shouldn't b proactive buh for d fact dat it has happened, the lord will see us through.
It is this kinda mentality that most Nigerians exhibit when faced with crucial issues instead of thinking with the grey matter given to them by this same God; that is why someone can come steal you blind because he knows you will say 'God will do it"!!! undecided
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by ooshinibos: 9:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
1stola:
WHAT IS REALLY BAFFLING ME NOW IS, ONLY IN NIGERIA WILL PRICE OF COMMODITY GO UP AND WILL NEVER COME DOWN.
PETROL HAS BECOME VERY CHEAP IN MOST COUNTRIES RECENTLY AS A RESULT OF FALL IN THE CRUDE OIL PRICE...
WHY IS EVERYTHING THAT WILL BE BENEFICIAL TO THE COMMON MAN ALWAYS DIFFICULT FOR OUR GOVT TO DO?
- WE PAY N750 AS SERVICE CHARGE TO NEPA MONTHLY EVEN IF WE DONT HAVE POWER FOR 10 MONTHS
- NIGERIA PETROL, DIESEL AND KEROSENE PRICE IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE IN THE WORLD COMPARED TO OTHER COUNTRIES THAT PRODUCE CRUDE OIL.
- NIGERIA IS THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT PRODUCES LARGE AMOUNT OF CRUDE OIL WITH NO FUNCTIONAL REFINERY.
SONEKAN INCREASED PETROL PRICE BY 600 PERCENT
OBJ BY 700 PERCENT
JONATHAN INCREASED TOO
REMOVED SUBSIDY
PUT IT BACK
REMOVED IT AGAIN
PUT IT PARTIALLY AGAIN
- 1 TRILLON NAIRA KEROSENE SUBSIDY LOOT STILL ONGOING...
- 20 BILLION DOLLARS DISAPPEARED INTO THE THIN AIR.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOD!!!
WE NEED CHANGE.
WE NEED REVOLUTION.
WE NEED YOU TO HELP US KILL ALL THESE CORRUPT POLITICIANS AND CIVIL SERVANTS THAT ARE EMBEZZLING OUR COMMON WEALTH.

naija naaaa evil price cut ke
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by omaigalalive(m): 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
#CHANGE FOR GOVT.
#CHANGE FOR REVENUE SOURCE.
#CHANGE FOR NIGERIANS.

ALL FOR GOOD BY HIS GRACE.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by Anthrophile(m): 2:20am On Jan 14, 2015
House of Saud increased oil production and reduced price at the same time, a strategy proposed by US of A to further weaken Russia's economy.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by gbodimowo(m): 5:12am On Jan 14, 2015
odimbannamdi:
From the information above, oil prices can be likened to FOREX: It hits support and resistance lines and bounces off or breaks through it. Its unfortunate that it has currently broken through its support level. Sorry if my illustration above sounds like swahili to you.

"Cheap gas here to stay? If those predictions are accurate, it could also mean gas in the U.S. might not go above $3 again. Thanks to the oil meltdown, the national average price of gas has plunged to $2.13, compared with $3.31 a year ago, according to AAA."

The price of oil in the outside market has dropped and, correspondingly, the price at which the citizens of the US buy gas has dropped from 3.13USD to 2.13USD. a whooping near-35% reduction! Unfortunately, this is not the case in Nigeria. We produce the oil, the price drops much more than our national budget anticipates in the foreign market, but still, we the citizens, buy exactly the same price we used to when the prices were high. Its pitiable.

Left to me, i would suggest that the price keeps falling and consequently our naira currency. CBN shouldnt deplete our foreign reserves by trying to boost the USD/NGN rate. It is just a futile attempt towards delaying the inevitable.

The United Arab Emirates forsaw this fall in oil prices, so they invested in their tourism sector, erecting magnificent 5-star hotels and creating conducive environments for tourists. Nigerian leaders are not proactive. in our time of bloom, we dined and wined and never prepared for the rainy day. Now it has happened!

Our problems arose as a result of our total dependence on oil revenue. Other sectors of the economy should be revived. The Agricultural sector, if efficiently harnessed and honed, can turn our economy around for the better.

The problem of Nigeria is a case of MAN THE CAUSE, MAN THE SOLUTION
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by gbodimowo(m): 5:17am On Jan 14, 2015
1stola:
WHAT IS REALLY BAFFLING ME NOW IS, ONLY IN NIGERIA WILL PRICE OF COMMODITY GO UP AND WILL NEVER COME DOWN.
PETROL HAS BECOME VERY CHEAP IN MOST COUNTRIES RECENTLY AS A RESULT OF FALL IN THE CRUDE OIL PRICE...
WHY IS EVERYTHING THAT WILL BE BENEFICIAL TO THE COMMON MAN ALWAYS DIFFICULT FOR OUR GOVT TO DO?
- WE PAY N750 AS SERVICE CHARGE TO NEPA MONTHLY EVEN IF WE DONT HAVE POWER FOR 10 MONTHS
- NIGERIA PETROL, DIESEL AND KEROSENE PRICE IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE IN THE WORLD COMPARED TO OTHER COUNTRIES THAT PRODUCE CRUDE OIL.
- NIGERIA IS THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT PRODUCES LARGE AMOUNT OF CRUDE OIL WITH NO FUNCTIONAL REFINERY.
SONEKAN INCREASED PETROL PRICE BY 600 PERCENT
OBJ BY 700 PERCENT
JONATHAN INCREASED TOO
REMOVED SUBSIDY
PUT IT BACK
REMOVED IT AGAIN
PUT IT PARTIALLY AGAIN
- 1 TRILLON NAIRA KEROSENE SUBSIDY LOOT STILL ONGOING...
- 20 BILLION DOLLARS DISAPPEARED INTO THE THIN AIR.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOD!!!
WE NEED CHANGE.
WE NEED REVOLUTION.
WE NEED YOU TO HELP US KILL ALL THESE CORRUPT POLITICIANS AND CIVIL SERVANTS THAT ARE EMBEZZLING OUR COMMON WEALTH.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 14, 2015
Is OKONJO d only person qualified in Nigeria to occupy dat post? Cos i no dey c wetin she dey do
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by fairheven: 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
ttmacoy:
Shale oil is a threat to conventional oil at the right prices, and the cost of extracting shale oil is expected to continue to fall with increasing development and improvement in the technology.

Saudi Arabia is not suppressing prices in conjunction with America as shale oil is a competitor. Saudi did not reduce output because whilst that may stabilise oil prices a bit, it also means volume of oil sold falls hence there is still a fall in revenue.

This is a win win situation for America as if oil prices goes up, shale picks up and America exports lot of oil, if oil prices falls, its cheaper for American consumer who are the second country that consumes oil after China. The money saved from lower il process is spent in other parts of the economy which is a boost. America unlike countries like Saudi and Nigeria only makes a very small percentage of government revenue from oil. Shale is all private companies so from a GDP and government revenue perspective, America is in a win win situation.

You are still not addressin the points I raised..OPEC wit the help of Saudi Arabia will still cut output win win or not.oil can drop blow 30dollars the way its going an no one not even Saudi wud like to see that...an Russia retracing of their undoing in Ukraine will be a key issue to that.
Re: Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 by Sagamite(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
2sExy1:
I guess we have to brace ourselves for what is coming as a nation if what this Prince say should come to pass.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/12/investing/oil-prices-saudi-prince/index.html?iid=TL_Popular

Nigeria's Excess Crude Account was started in 2004, with its objective as primarily to protect planned budgets against shortfalls due to volatile crude oil prices.

In Dec 2005, the account had $5.1bn.

In July 2007, Oil price starts to shoot up progressively and steadily from about $52 p/b.

In May 2007, the account had $22.0bn.

The oil price shoots up until it reaches $147p/b in May 2008 and starts, immediately it peaked, crashing progressively and steadily again until Jan 2009 when it goes below $50p/b.

In Nov 2008, the account had $20.1bn.

In Jan 2009, the account had $20.0bn.

In Dec 2009, the account had $7.8bn.

From Jan 2009, Oil price starts to shoot up again until it reaches a steady minimum $90p/b in Jan 2011 and rising as high as $127p/b.

[size=14pt]Retardeen comes into office 6 May 2010[/size]

In Jan 2010, the account had $6.2bn.

In Feb 2010, the account had $4.1bn.

In Mar 2010, the account had $3.1bn.

In May 2010, the account had $4.8bn.

In Sep 2010, the account had $0.4bn.

Oil price has been rising fast for 2 years after Jan 2011 and is now at a steady high of over $90p/b for 2 straight years (average during this period was $110 p/b. RECORD steady high of all prices in history. Nigeria must be rich??).

In Jan 2011, the account had $11.2bn.

In Apr 2012, the account had $3.6bn.

In Jun 2012, the account had $6.6bn.

In Jul 2012, the account had $8.5bn.

In Aug 2012, the account had $9.6bn.

In Sep 2012, the account had $9.2bn.

In Oct 2012, the account had $9.6bn.

In Dec 2012, the account had $11.5bn.

In May 2013, the account had $5.3bn.

In Jan 2014, the account had $2.5bn.

In July 2014, Oil price starts to crash from $105p/b. This is the time the ECA becomes important. Money should be in the pot.

In Sep 2014, the account had $4.1bn.

In Jan 2015, the account had $3.1bn when we need it. After 10 years of planning, saving and years of record oil prices?

[size=18pt]We have a fuuktard in Aso Rock!!![/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa / Huge Revelations Made By Aliko DANGOTE At Economist Summit In Lagos / Whats D Maximum I Can Transfer From My Gtb Savings A/c Via Online Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.