Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,710 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

13 Untold Secrets On How To Be A Good Dad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 13 Untold Secrets On How To Be A Good Dad (479 Views)

11 Secrets Man Should Never Reveal To His Wife / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

13 Untold Secrets On How To Be A Good Dad by Jayclinics(m): 10:50am On Jan 13, 2015
This article is for fathers who really love their kids and are doing everything possible to be better dads. Even if you are not a father yet, this article will show you how to be a good dad and treat your unborn kids in a way that, when they get old and die, they will thank their creator personally for giving them a dad like you.

So, who is a good dad, and what are those attributes that makes up a good dad? Unfortunately, so many fathers of today pride themselves around thinking they are being the best dad for their kids but while most of them are just doing a little, so many others are doing nothing. They are not adding anything to the lives of these young ones that will soon be the leaders of tomorrow. Every day, they are all drenched with their work, trying to rake in cash into the family, good, but the kids you are bringing in the cash for are not being trained on how to be better individuals in the society. You only spare 10% of your time for your kids, what will they be doing during the remaining 90% you are being absent from their life? You think your wife will do the rest? Nah, it doesn’t work that way, every one of you has a different role to play in the life of your child. That is why, it takes a strong, single mother to raise a child effectively.

A good dad will not choose a career for his child or ask him/her “what do you want to become in future”, a good dad will look into the child’s eyes and also from the child’s behavior to tell what the child’s talent is, what the child likes doing, and then help the child to build it up by evaluating what he has foreseen from the child. Let me show you how to do that with this 13 steps:

How To Be A Good Dad:

Spend a lot of time with your child:

Relate Effectively With Your Child’s Class Teacher

Give them assignments and lavish praises on them even when they got it all wrong

Talk little and listen more when your child talks about things he/she finds fascinating

Answer your child’s questions like it’s your promotional exam

Love your wife like never before

Sometimes, take your child to your work place

Say “I love you” to your child, often

Learn how to pull your child back to your arms after punishing or scolding him/her.

Children are quite sensitive and they learn from their parents, so, watch what you say, do and how you act around your child.

Help your child explore many activities and mark those activities that fascinate him a lot.

Help your child create a circle of friends who are fascinated about the same things as your child.

No matter how awkward things that fascinate your child are, so far they are not going to ruin your child, never try to stop them. Either for your selfish reason or because of what people will say.

Extracted from:
http://cliniconomy.com/how-to-be-a-good-dad/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Untold Secrets On How To Be A Good Dad by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:47pm On Jan 13, 2015
Nice one. I know that this post will come in handy for me very soon.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Tabloid Volume 1: Post Your Story / Albinos Body Parts Have Properties That Confer Wealth And Good Luck / Learn To Play The GUITAR: Private Lesson Teacher Available To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.