Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Hold On Wit A Depressing Job Or Quit? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hold On Wit A Depressing Job Or Quit? (969 Views)

52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? / Finally God Have Done It For Me Wit A Job / #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hold On Wit A Depressing Job Or Quit? by Gwan2(m): 11:37am On Jan 13, 2015
Am a Direct Sales Agent (DSA) with a famous Bank in Nigeria, .....diz Job is a contract Job startin wit a Basic pay of #25000 per mnth wich culd increase accordin to hw u meet ur set target, also Ur promotion on d DSA channel is tighted to hw u meet ur set target for 3 consecutive mnths.....
My problem is hav bin on dsame position sinz i enterd da bank two years ago....som Peepz We came 2geda n afta me hav resign coz dey culdnt cope, so Am da oldest DsA in dat Position, this is rili weighin me down .
This is a new yr, dnt wana be on dsame spot das y Am considerin resignin....pls advise
Re: Hold On Wit A Depressing Job Or Quit? by StPete: 11:42am On Jan 13, 2015
Some jobs can really be frustrating...

However, look on the bright side. If you are and have been able to cope with the challenge, just continue while searching for another job.
But if resigning seems to be the more preferred option, kindly follow your heart. Sometimes u may not get a job until u leave the one u have.

2 Likes

Re: Hold On Wit A Depressing Job Or Quit? by Rich4god(m): 11:48am On Jan 13, 2015
If you have another option or if you feel that you can hit the street and make some few change to keep body and soul together, then what else are you waiting... But if you dont have any other option, then try and manage where you are pending when a better one comes around. Believe me, its more depressing waking up in the morning and having no where to go. A little hint... You can always move around with your CV as you market for your bank.

5 Likes

Re: Hold On Wit A Depressing Job Or Quit? by Godmother(f): 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
Rich4god:
If you have another option or if you feel that you can hit the street and make some few change to keep body and soul together, then what else are you waiting... But if you dont have any other option, then try and manage where you are pending when a better one comes around. Believe me, its more depressing waking up in the morning and having no where to go. A little hint... You can always move around with your CV as you market for your bank.

Well said. I took this risk about 3 years ago and resigned from a depressing job, with no new job in sight. The first 6 months were ok cos I had saved up. But after that I went through a diFficult time. So now I always advise people to be sure they have another job they are crossing to before resigning

5 Likes

Re: Hold On Wit A Depressing Job Or Quit? by sonssyo: 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2015
its a very difficult situation,but i will advice you to stay there,apply for jobs more,check for openings in oda sectors,wit ur experience u wil get a better job.pray and make God ur best friend.dont be carried away cos u ar a banker of course u alone knows how much u take home.i advice use dat covering of been a banker and look for contracts,like any fin ur customer says they ar lookg for just tell dem u can do it.get pple dat know d job,do it and get ur own money.be very close to d rich customers,u can get conracts and compliment wit ur stipend ,most importantly PRAY PRAY dat God will deliver u frm dis mess,i traded dat road in time past.

1 Like

Re: Hold On Wit A Depressing Job Or Quit? by abbccc(m): 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
Please don't resign until you get another job...If you decide to resign without a job on sight, you might stay up to 6months or more than before getting a new one...And within those months of being without a job and while scouting for jobs, most companies will be eager to know why you stayed for six months without a job and in that case your reasons will reduce your chances of securing the new job.....
I ADVICE YOU TO CONTINUE WITH THIS ONE WHILE INTENSIFYING YOUR SEARCH FOR A NEW JOB AND I GUESS YOU ARE YET TO PUT GOOD EFFORT TOWARDS THAT....SEARCH FOR JOB AS IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY

2 Likes

Re: Hold On Wit A Depressing Job Or Quit? by Gwan2(m): 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Tnks evry1 for da advice

(1) (Reply)

New Job Announcement At Glaxosmithkline (GSK) / Venue Staff(british Council).lets Meet Here Pls... / Customer Service Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.