Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels (4471 Views)

Check Out The $12,250 A Night Underwater Suite Review By Jaaruma / Underwater Photos Taken At The Yankari Games Reserve In Bauchi / 8 Of The Most Expensive Yachts Ever Purchased. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by mickyeddi(m): 4:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
1. Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai
The underwater suites at Atlantis, The Palm in Dubai are really fit for the king of the seas. They are the most intimate and romantic lodging you could ever dream of… as long as you don't have nightmares about sharks. Just imagine lying in bed while seeing he marine life in the Ambassador Lagoon. Both the bedroom and the bathroom have floor to ceiling windows, so that you can enjoy the views.

2. The Manta Resort, Pemba Island, Zanzibar

The Underwater Room is the most special room at the very exclusive Manta Resort in Pemba Island (Zanzibar). To get there, you need to board a wooden boat that takes you in two minutes to this unique space that lies over the crystal clear sea of the Manta house reef. It’s like a private floating island, complete with stunning views and lots of comfort. And if staying underwater all the time is too much, you can still sunbathe on the deck.

3. Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, Rangali Island, Maldives

The luxurious Hotel Conrad Maldives Rangali does not have an underwater room, but you can still dine in style submerged and without having to wear a diving suit. The Ithaa Undersea restaurant is located 16 feet below sea level and you can have your mix of Maldivian and Western cuisine while you look up to see the beautiful reef and marine life. Not to be missed.

4. Subsix at Niyama, Maldives

Nothing better than a good party after a good meal. It may not be on the same island, but the world’s first underwater club is also in the Maldives. The Subsix is part of the luxurious Niyama resort, but accessible to anyone. Here you can dance, chill out and have very chic cocktails while looking into the depths of the Indian Ocean. Dancing beneath the waves never had been so cool!

5. Utter Inn Hotel, Vasteras, Sweden

The Utter Inn is the one and only underwater hotel in Sweden and floats happily in Lake Malaren, near Stockholm. It is not very luxurious but the experience is worth is: twin beds and a table in a room three meters below the surface of the waters with panoramic windows in all directions. The Utter Inn was created by local artist Mikael Genberg and is now a very fashionable place to spend a weekend in. On the wooden deck you can sunbathe, admire the gorgeous natural surroundings or explore some nearby islands by boat.

6. Jules’ Undersea Lodge, Key Largo, Florida, USA

Jules’s Undersea Lodge is aptly named after the author of “Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea” and is the oldest underwater room out there. But getting there is not that easy. Located 21 feet beneath the surface of the sea, you need to scuba dive and enter through an opening on the bottom. What used to be a research lab is now a very cosy accommodation where you can treat yourself to pizza for dinner.

7. Lime Spa at Huvafen Fushi, Maldives

The Lime Spa at Huvafen Fushi resort is the world first underwater treatment space. There you will be able to enjoy sensual and sensorial treatments while looking at the sea life of the Indian Ocean. If you can afford it, try their Lime Light Ritual, a 180 minute treatment that embraces the essence of the Maldives with indigenous island coconut, lime and mineral offerings, followed by an awakening massage, some time in the relaxation pod and the best views of the lagoon.

8. Lovers Deep, Caribbean

Lovers Deep is the fanciest submarine you could imagine. This one takes luxury to a new level. Situated just off the coast of a beautiful Caribbean island (of your choice), it is intended for romantic getaways for couples that want to have a private night together submerged beneath the ocean waves.

And there are more to come. If you still fantasize about sleeping under the sea in the comfort of a luxurious glass room with great views, all these hotels are on their way. Some of them are only projects, but they all will make you dream.

Poseidon Undersea Resorts, Fiji

Although still in the plans, Poseidon Undersea Resorts would be the world’s first permanent one-atmosphere seafloor structure. It would feature twenty-two 550 square foot (51m2) guest rooms, an underwater restaurant and bar, a library, conference room, wedding chapel, spa and a 1’200 square foot (110 m1) luxury suite.

The Water Discus Hotel, Dubai

Backed by a Swiss company and designed by Deep Ocean Technology the Water Discus will be a truly impressive hotel in Dubai whenever it is finished. Its 21 luxury suites will be housed in two main discs (one above water and one below) that look a bit like a spaceship. It will also have a bar and a dive centre.

Hydropolis Underwater Hotel, Dubai

The Hydropolis Underwater Hotel and Resort in Dubai (where else?) was meant to be constructed 20 metres underwater off the coast of Jumeriah beach, covering an area of 260 hectares. But the project was cancelled on October 2004.

Planet Ocean Underwater Hotel, Florida, USA

Planet Ocean Underwater Hotel is still in the planning stages, but if it happens, it will be located on private property near Key West, in Florida, and will put a big focus on coral reef restoration and protection of the ocean, by building an underwater hotel... This luxury resort will include twelve rooms, a lounge and dining area, and a great view of the marine life, according to the developers.

cc: lalasticlala seun justwise DisGuy
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by NeduLuiZ(m): 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
Singing #over my dead body by drake
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by mickyeddi(m): 4:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
I guess that's what you Nigerians call the marine spirit kingdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 13, 2015

Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by tdayof(m): 4:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
Using money to buy death
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by tziz(m): 4:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
Wow!!! This is the Life!!! cool cool
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by babatundeizbad(m): 4:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
wow, this is inspiring.... more reasons to keep working hard.
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
shocked wao shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by leshluap(m): 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
,OKK
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2015
I'm not sure I can enter ANY of those!
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by reaky(m): 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
Jaw dropping shocked
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by nefertiitii: 8:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked amazeballs
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by dechandel(f): 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
Dearest future Hubby,
Hope you are checking out this nice honeymoon resorts kiss
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by unibenstudent1(m): 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
dechandel:
Dearest future Hubby,
Hope you are checking out this nice honeymoon resorts kiss
yes am seeing it.*runs to sambisa*
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
OMG.......This is amazing..cheesy

Best place for honeymoon cool
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
kristina1:
OMG.......This is amazing..cheesy

Best place for honeymoon cool
and what if one of those glasses mistakenly breaks??
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
AgapeCharis:
and what if one of those glasses mistakenly breaks??
Haba now!! We go compose ourselves well wink
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
kristina1:

hmmmmmmm

It's better to avoid stories that touches d ♥
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by unibenstudent1(m): 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
kristina1:

why did u share that post madam?
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
unibenstudent1:
my bad...grin grin
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by unibenstudent1(m): 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
kristina1:

my bad...grin grin
amebo as u did not want add me to ur whatsapp,shey I should die abi?
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
unibenstudent1:
amebo as u did not want add me to ur whatsapp,shey I should die abi?
You know say i no talk now grin
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by unibenstudent1(m): 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
kristina1:

You know say i no talk now grin
you just enter agriculture section,,u follow us be farmers? grin
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Fabdedon(m): 4:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
unibenstudent1:
Stalking kiss
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by unibenstudent1(m): 4:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fabdedon:
Stalking kiss
I wouldn't call it stalking because I toasted Kristina so maybe she feels ,I want to toast another lady again.
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Fabdedon(m): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
unibenstudent1:
I wouldn't call it stalking because I toasted Kristina1 so maybe she feels ,I want to toast another lady again.
i Know that Feeling smiley
Nairaland girls must form hard to get weda buhari likes it or not..
She cares more on wat ppl will say abt d relationship.. Just take her as your e-sister and you see things work out like Magic grin thank me later smiley
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by unibenstudent1(m): 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fabdedon:
She cares more on wat ppl will say abt d relationship.. Just take her as your e-sister and you see things work out like Magic grin thank me later smiley
but ireneo.ny is already my E-sister sha..how can I add Kristina to sisterhood..its kind of bizarre though.
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fabdedon:
Am not stalkin him o.
I just want pple to know what a great woman wrapper he is.
No thanks,i dnt want to be his e-sister,i already have e-brother cool
Plus ur advice is somehow undecided
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by unibenstudent1(m): 4:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
kristina1:

Am not stalkin him o.
[s]I just want pple to know what a great woman wrapper he is.[/s]
No thanks,i dnt want to be his e-sister,i already have e-brother cool
Plus ur advice is somehow undecided
na wa oh ,I am perplexed
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Fabdedon(m): 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
kristina1:

Am not stalkin him o.
I just want pple to know what a great woman wrapper he is.
shoo since you know gree for am he suppose swerve nah abi you wan make e de worship you?....
My advice was a Joke.. kiss
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by Fabdedon(m): 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
unibenstudent1:
but ireneo.ny is already my E-sister sha..how can I add Kristina to sisterhood..its kind of bizarre though.
just leave that matter and Face reality ! cool
Re: 8 Of The World's Best Underwater Hotels by unibenstudent1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fabdedon:
just leave that matter and Face reality ! cool
and what's d reality though?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Visa Agents In Abuja / Chief Caught With Cocaine At Lagos Airport(photo) / Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reduced To Ghost Towns As Temperatures Hit 120F(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.