Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

God Attempts To Kill Moses Over Circumcision - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Attempts To Kill Moses Over Circumcision (1858 Views)

Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. / Female Circumcision Is Barbaric And Evil. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Attempts To Kill Moses Over Circumcision by huxley(m): 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2008
God considers circumcision such an important act that he attempts to kill Moses for delaying the circumcision of his son, as per Exodus 4: 24 - 26.

24 At a lodging place on the way, the LORD met {Moses} and was about to kill him. 25 But Zipporah took a flint knife, cut off her son's foreskin and touched {Moses'} feet with it. "Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me," she said. 26 So the LORD let him alone. (At that time she said "bridegroom of blood," referring to circumcision.)

Is it really conceivable that God would want to kill one of his major prophets over the matter of circumcision? How did Moses's wife know that Gods anger was related to their not having circumcised their son? Did she read the mind of God?
Re: God Attempts To Kill Moses Over Circumcision by bindex(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2008
huxley:

God considers circumcision such an important act that he attempts to kill Moses for delaying the circumcision of his son, as per Exodus 4: 24 - 26.

24 At a lodging place on the way, the LORD met {Moses} and was about to kill him. 25 But Zipporah took a flint knife, cut off her son's foreskin and touched {Moses'} feet with it. "Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me," she said. 26 So the LORD let him alone. (At that time she said "bridegroom of blood," referring to circumcision.)

Is it really conceivable that God would want to kill one of his major prophets over the matter of circumcision? How did Moses's wife know that Gods anger was related to their not having circumcised their son? Did she read the mind of God?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: God Attempts To Kill Moses Over Circumcision by huxley(m): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2008
Have you still got your foreskin. Watch outm god might try to kill ya.
Re: God Attempts To Kill Moses Over Circumcision by bindex(m): 6:51pm On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

Have you still got your foreskin. Watch outm god might try to kill ya.

grin grin grin grin I wonder why God will try to kill his best friend because of circumcision or other trivialities like picking of stone on the day of the sabbath.
Re: God Attempts To Kill Moses Over Circumcision by mazaje(m): 2:45pm On Dec 22, 2008
huxley where did you digg up these things from lol. . . . any time you feel the biblical god has done his worst he still comes up or displays another stunt off his sleeves lol. moses, he wanted to kill moses because of circumcision? , i thought moses was his best friend?
Re: God Attempts To Kill Moses Over Circumcision by IDINRETE: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2008
huxley ah ah you no de tire,
abeg leave all these mythical fables alone
Re: God Attempts To Kill Moses Over Circumcision by bindex(m): 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2008
I just can't get the reason why the writers of the bible included this embarrasment in the narrative.

(1) (Reply)

Challenge To TB Johsua, Pastor Chris, Oyedepo And Big Churches!!!!!! / History Of Pastor JOSEPH AYODELE BABALOLA / "All Catholics Are Going To Hell" - Chris Okotie Drops Bombshell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.