Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

10 Nigerian Startups To Watch Out For In 2015 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Nigerian Startups To Watch Out For In 2015 (1454 Views)

6 Nigerian Startups To Watch Out For In 2017 / 10 Nigerian Banks' Requirement For Opening Current And Savings Accounts / 5 Solid Reasons Why Nigerian Startups Fail Too Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Nigerian Startups To Watch Out For In 2015 by MyNaijaNaira(m): 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
I'm back again. As always, I like to post my latest articles for my favorite people at Nairaland smiley wink. Below is an excerpt from my most recent article - 10 Nigerian Startups to Watch out for in 2015

2014 was a great year for the Nigerian business world, and most importantly startups. An increasing amount of entrepreneurs in Nigeria turned their attention to building businesses that provided solutions to Nigeria’s problems by providing services that were long overdue. 2014 was a year of innovative, and new business ideas in Nigeria.

While a number of small and large-scale businesses emerged last year, and the more established startups flourished to reach their goals and objectives, the performance of entrepreneurial ventures as a whole has been exceptional. A handful of startup companies have successfully grabbed the attention of big investors, which have accelerated their growth. The progress that was made in 2014 has paved the path for some great opportunities in 2015, further placing the spotlight on the Nigerian startup scene, and showing what is possible. It’s safe to say that entrepreneurship in Nigeria is alive and kick.

Here, in no particular order are 10 Nigerian startups that you will be hearing a lot about in 2015:

#SimplePay
Originally launched to allow African merchants to accept multiple payment types whilst eliminating the risk to users, by securing their details. The company has expanded, and is seeing rapid growth for 2015. SimplePay now creates solutions for users, merchants and also cooperate organizations and groups. SimplePay now caters for more individuals and merchants from airline tickets sales, airtime recharge and access to other billing platforms like hotel accommodation and school fees for children.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE MONEY

Do you agree with this list? Are there any startups that you think we have missed out, and should be on the list? smiley
Re: 10 Nigerian Startups To Watch Out For In 2015 by lifestyle1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
Re: 10 Nigerian Startups To Watch Out For In 2015 by MyNaijaNaira(m): 8:12am On Jan 14, 2015
lifestyle1:

Do you think we should have included this startup on the list?
Re: 10 Nigerian Startups To Watch Out For In 2015 by lifestyle1(m): 8:31am On Jan 14, 2015
MyNaijaNaira:

Do you think we should have included this startup on the list?

Yes, I think so. It all started from nairaland....
Re: 10 Nigerian Startups To Watch Out For In 2015 by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 14, 2015
Tradot.com is also a start up company to watch out for in 2015.

Newly launched platform, where you can create an online ECOMMERCE store,personal page, business page for your business and company, and Blog.

with Tradot subscribers are protected by the company escrow service both online and offline.

join the train...........
Re: 10 Nigerian Startups To Watch Out For In 2015 by MyNaijaNaira(m): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
lifestyle1:

Yes, I think so. It all started from nairaland....

Thanks for the feedback, and recommendation. I might create a new edition of the blog later in the year, and add some of the names that didn't make it this time.

(1) (Reply)

Where In Lagos Can I Find Wholesale Food Colouring For Cake Decorating / Which Bank Do I Choose Between Zenith Bank & Stanbic Ibtc For My Business Accoun / Paying On Installment: The Good And Bad Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.