Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

My First International Web Design Project *happy* - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My First International Web Design Project *happy* (2749 Views)

Why You Must Never Give Your Business Website Design Project To Quacks / Stop! Before You Begin Your Next Web Design Project / My First International Web Design In UK & USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
Can't believe it has finally gotten to me. You know how and what it feels like to be getting web design job in nigeria. The industry is hot! Most especially to upcoming. Me exapmple. Regarding myself as an upcoming doesn't mean I cant handle any web design project. Am an upcoming web developer but am so hot.at Middle of last year I was very very frustrated and worried for not getting web design jobs. I hardly get a proposal not even a proposal. I met someone here on Nairaland webmasters. He promised to help me. And I tot it was free. I added him on bbm. We discussed he said I should pay him 30k. I was shocked and I didn't only think but I also believe he was a scam as of then. As time goes on ma spirit urged me to try him out. But not that 30k. We discussed and we agreed on 10k. He taught me a lot of things. Since then it has been helpful to me. Am glad I met him here on Nairaland.

I have don several works av even forgotten most because I do get web proposal almost ever week if not everday. Some webmasters here on Nland are my friends I do give them work to help out and pay for the services the rendered.

I was surprise one night a foreign number called me demanding he needs a website for his charity organization that he based in Uk. That he wants me to handle the work. I tried my best to prove to him I can do it. I first of all did demo. And he fell inlove with ma demo.

We then decide to do biz together. Guesss what? I charged him 100k!! He agreeeeeeed and send the money complete to my acc the following day. Just finished the website today and its ready

You can visit the site and share ur comments www.mylgcharity.com

Hehehehehehe. Still be like film for ma eyes o. Thank God o. Never dispise ur little beginning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
the links in the footer aren't directing to their social media accounts,
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
Jregz:
the links in the footer aren't directing to their social media accounts,

Yea bro! Because they haven't given me any bro! Will still update it when they do.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by dwebdesign(m): 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
More success to you. Successful 2015
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by CreativeWeb(m): 10:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
The owner isnt based in UK. He's a Nigerian and based in Nigeria. He called you will a coded nigerian number that wil appear as UK number. He's a 419er. The charity stuff is a fraud.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
CreativeWeb:
The owner isnt based in UK. He's a Nigerian and based in Nigeria. He called you will a coded nigerian number that wil appear as UK number. He's a 419er. The charity stuff is a fraud.

Lols. See talk. Enemies ! Enemies!! Enemies!!!

See mouth like he is a fraud. Oga this person is on linkedin. I can give u his name to follow him via linkedin okay?

Well wetin concern me. All am after is to get paid. But am 100% sure that he isn't a fraud neither is her a 419. Oga mind the way you talk. Thank u
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by omeizaowuda(m): 10:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
CreativeWeb:

Lol, what a dush. Who cares. 419er wey dey pay 100k? Nice
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
omeizaowuda:

Lol, what a dush. Who cares. 419er wey dey pay 100k? Nice
Ma brother I wonder o! If them go dey even come ma way no wahala. @Mr claiming they are fraud u can go and report them or sue them. U hear?
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Vicben(m): 11:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
Thumps up bro,. The site is cool. would you mind giving me your BBM pin? I wan be like you

1 Like

Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by osile2012: 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
CreativeWeb:

[size=15pt]You r right, just hope the OP is not hosting it with his card and personal details. because by the time they come for him, he will pay more than 100k to bail himself.[/size]
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by DONOCSO(m): 12:40am On Jan 14, 2015
Scam Alert!!!
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by adewasco2k(m): 8:04am On Jan 14, 2015
I can't say if its true but this does happen, I have been given a job to design a bank site from a guy from Slovakia.

Be careful when you get jobs to design any financial organization, courier and freight or any similar kind of sites.

BTW the site I'd down? I'm getting permission error

1 Like

Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 14, 2015
Vicben:
Thumps up bro,. The site is cool. would you mind giving me your BBM pin? I wan be like you

Thanks man. Ma bbm pin is on ma signature. But here is the pin pin:21CB6207
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 14, 2015
osile2012:

[size=15pt]You r right, just hope the OP is not hosting it with his card and personal details. because by the time they come for him, he will pay more than 100k to bail himself.[/size]
Nawa o! Why is it so easy for people to condemn their fellow humans?

Well it might impress you to know that they bought the domain name and hosting their self. My job was just the design nothing else.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 14, 2015
adewasco2k:
I can't say if its true but this does happen, I have been given a job to design a bank site from a guy from Slovakia.

Be careful when you get jobs to design any financial organization, courier and freight or any similar kind of sites.

BTW the site I'd down? I'm getting permission error
Are you using glo?
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by adewasco2k(m): 8:33am On Jan 14, 2015
pureguide:

Are you using glo?

Nope! MTN
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by adewasco2k(m): 8:35am On Jan 14, 2015
This
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 14, 2015
adewasco2k:
This
Use mtn, etisalat or even airtel.

U are using glo. And ur android ime has been changed. And the glo bis subscription is what u are using sir.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by adewasco2k(m): 8:51am On Jan 14, 2015
pureguide:

Use mtn, etisalat or even airtel.

U are using glo. And ur android ime has been changed. And the glo bis subscription is what u are using sir.

Hahahaha...you sounding like you know me better than I even do grin

I am using MTN and don't even have a glo and change imei? No way and I'm not using BIS
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by CreativeWeb(m): 8:59am On Jan 14, 2015
I can authoritatively tell u that mylgcharity.com is a fraud. I dont speak with doubts. It's only a recognized NGO Foundation that can run a charity whatever. Some charlatans cannot buy a domain and host it and design it with pictures of hungry children just to get individuals and corporate organisations to invest in them for their alleged charity works. Fraudsters. Pure scammers. @pureguide, ar u a learner? You even rejoiced that he called with a UK number. Na today? That guy who lives next door to u can call u with his mtn number now and what you will see will be +44712345678 instead of 080312345678.

1 Like

Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 14, 2015
adewasco2k:

Hahahaha...you sounding like you know me better than I even do grin

I am using MTN and don't even have a glo and change imei? No way and I'm not using BIS

Just saying because that's what it use to do when I visited the site with my android glo. Anyways retry it bro. Maybe its network
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by olempe(m): 9:03am On Jan 14, 2015
pureguide:

Thanks man. Ma bbm pin is on ma signature. But here is the pin pin:21CB6207
I wan be like u too o oga wink
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 14, 2015
olempe:
I wan be like u too o oga wink

Oga you can't be like me and please stop saying you want to be like someone. That's the worst thing you could ever wish for yourself. The best you can do for yourself is to be the best of your kind. Do ur best and leave the rest for God.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 14, 2015
CreativeWeb:
I can authoritatively tell u that mylgcharity.com is a fraud. I dont speak with doubts. It's only a recognized NGO Foundation that can run a charity whatever. Some charlatans cannot buy a domain and host it and design it with pictures of hungry children just to get individuals and corporate organisations to invest in them for their alleged charity works. Fraudsters. Pure scammers. @pureguide, ar u a learner? You even rejoiced that he called with a UK number. Na today? That guy who lives next door to u can call u with his mtn number now and what you will see will be +44712345678 instead of 080312345678.

You are right with your taughts. But that is not my concern. Back to the uk number. I know all that alread. But seriously speaking he is from uk. Point of correction am not rejoicing because he called me with uk number. Because even before his call. Av been receiving calls from close relations living there. Thanks for your comment tho.
Am only rejoicing because its my first time to do a job @ such amount
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by internetpo(m): 10:25am On Jan 14, 2015
Nice job. More grease
to your elbow.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 14, 2015
internetpo:
Nice job. More grease
to your elbow.
Godbless You Bro
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
pureguide:

Yea bro! Because they haven't given me any bro! Will still update it when they do.
OK bro
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
Jregz:

OK bro
peace
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by spikesC(m): 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
Just wanna chip in a little from experience.

Do not disregard what creativeweb just told you.
I don't know what your future plans in programming is but I believe you should have work ethics in your business.
Yes, you don't care where the money comes from neither do you care what they're doing with the site.
But it will still come back at you.

Legally, you're an accessory to crime.
Morally, i bet you shouldn't be proud right now about this, if it turns out wrong. I mean, consider the rightful people who those funds should be going to rather than to the fraudsters pocket. Those really poor people, the widows, the children of Haiti who can't even clean water to drink.
I mean, what's the difference between you and the people we openly call out as thieves.

Secondly, I bet you can't trace this your client. You have nothing on him right now and you boldly put up your link on the website. When they come for you, what is your plan of action? How do you prove yourself?

Advice to freelancers

Please do register your business and give clients written proposals. Keep records of all contacts between you two.
You'll fall into adversaries and those are the only things that will save you. The law won't just listen to you saying that you're a web developer and just provided a service to a client. You have to have concrete evidence.
BTW, you're not allowed to do business in Nigeria without registering and filling for end of year returns. All those small things cover you in one way or the other.

I have never in my life done a scam job. I scrutinise all my clients before accepting a job. If your business does not tally with what am developing for you, then by all means, find another developer.
Trust me when I say, I have had so many offers like this. Bank website clones, parcel delivery sites, charity sites, and full fledge bank website development. All these are offers that gets a man really rich.

I am not saying anyone should be a saint like me, I am just saying you should think about the person behind you while doing what you do.
Use your talent for the betterment of the society. You have the power to control millions of people over the Internet, how you utilize it makes you who you are.

4 Likes

Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
spikesC:
Just wanna chip in a little from experience.

Do not disregard what creativeweb just told you.
I don't know what your future plans in programming is but I believe you should have work ethics in your business.
Yes, you don't care where the money comes from neither do you care what they're doing with the site.
But it will still come back at you.

Legally, you're an accessory to crime.
Morally, i bet you shouldn't be proud right now about this, if it turns out wrong. I mean, consider the rightful people who those funds should be going to rather than to the fraudsters pocket. Those really poor people, the widows, the children of Haiti who can't even clean water to drink.
I mean, what's the difference between you and the people we openly call out as thieves.

Secondly, I bet you can't trace this your client. You have nothing on him right now and you boldly put up your link on the website. When they come for you, what is your plan of action? How do you prove yourself?

Advice to freelancers

Please do register your business and give clients written proposals. Keep records of all contacts between you two.
You'll fall into adversaries and those are the only things that will save you. The law won't just listen to you saying that you're a web developer and just provided a service to a client. You have to have concrete evidence.
BTW, you're not allowed to do business in Nigeria without registering and filling for end of year returns. All those small things cover you in one way or the other.

I have never in my life done a scam job. I scrutinise all my clients before accepting a job. If your business does not tally with what am developing for you, then by all means, find another developer.
Trust me when I say, I have had so many offers like this. Bank website clones, parcel delivery sites, charity sites, and full fledge bank website development. All these are offers that gets a man really rich.

I am not saying anyone should be a saint like me, I am just saying you should think about the person behind you while doing what you do.
Use your talent for the betterment of the society. You have the power to control millions of people over the Internet, how you utilize it makes you who you are.
Oga live all these things! What if they are not fraudsters ? Why do people condemn their fellow people so easily? All these things you are saying has nothing to do with what I posted! Anyways I can't deny the fact that I picked some advice from ur comment. Thanks for that. But I want you to know before I work. I make inquiries and make sure that I keep contact with them. The particular owner of this website is on linked in! And we are following each others there. Moreover he upgraded his account. Thanks
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
dwebdesign:
More success to you. Successful 2015

I see you
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by CreativeWeb(m): 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
Let me restate that www.mylgcharity.com is a fraud charity website. I have rejected jobs like this in the past. I can give you a link of a website owned by one guy that lives in Onitsha. The website has UK address. The website is all about charity works. They claim to be raising money for poor people in some african countries.

Here are questions:
1. Who is behind mylgcharity.com that has an office in UK and has links with local governments to raise money for poor people in nigeria, ghana and zambia?

2. Does local governments have more money than state and federal governments?

3. Is mylgcharity an NGO?

4. If yes, is it registered in UK, Nigeria, Ghana and Zambia in order to be able to operate in these countries?

5. What is the facebook page of mylgcharity?

6. Who are the board members?

7. Which agency or company or organisation is the parent of mylgcharity?

8. What are the Nigerian phone numbers of mylgcharity?

@pureguide, you just did your first scam website job. Forget the internati

1 Like

(1) (2)

9 Ways To Eliminate Spam In Your Community Forum / Wow! Guys You Can Actually Be Paid For Posting Topics Like You Do On Nairaland. / Bloggers Lab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.