Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

My First International Web Design Project *happy* - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My First International Web Design Project *happy* (2746 Views)

Why You Must Never Give Your Business Website Design Project To Quacks / Stop! Before You Begin Your Next Web Design Project / My First International Web Design In UK & USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
CreativeWeb:
Let me restate that www.mylgcharity.com is a fraud charity website. I have rejected jobs like this in the past. I can give you a link of a website owned by one guy that lives in Onitsha. The website has UK address. The website is all about charity works. They claim to be raising money for poor people in some african countries.

Here are questions:
1. Who is behind mylgcharity.com that has an office in UK and has links with local governments to raise money for poor people in nigeria, ghana and zambia?

2. Does local governments have more money than state and federal governments?

3. Is mylgcharity an NGO?

4. If yes, is it registered in UK, Nigeria, Ghana and Zambia in order to be able to operate in these countries?

5. What is the facebook page of mylgcharity?

6. Who are the board members?

7. Which agency or company or organisation is the parent of mylgcharity?

8. What are the Nigerian phone numbers of mylgcharity?

@pureguide, you just did your first scam website job. Forget the internati

If that's your conclusion so be it. Let it be that av done ma first scam website.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
Awon boys on a kentro level!
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
dhtml18:

Hehehehe. This man. grin
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
Abeg jami si jor and share some of the money with me o jare, dont mind all those ethical boys up there o - na bad belle dey worry them.

Disclaimer: if it turns out to be a scam, dont say you gave me anything o
Reclaimer: Abeg, i "rejection" am for you o jare, it is a legit job for a "kangaroo" charity organisation
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
dhtml18:
Abeg jami si jor and share some of the money with me o jare, dont mind all those ethical boys up there o - na bad belle dey worry them.

Disclaimer: if it turns out to be a scam, dont say you gave me anything o
Reclaimer: Abeg, i "rejection" am for you o jare, it is a legit job for a "kangaroo" charity organisation

Weather na scam or no be scam. Na dem sabi!
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
pureguide:

The money sweet you wella, ride on o jare! Make the money just dey enter left and right, na im be the koko!
*corrected*
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
dhtml18:

The sweet you wella, ride on o jare! Make the money just dey enter left and right, na im be the koko!

Lols. This man sef. Which one u dey sef?
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Vicben(m): 11:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
I'm happy to say this post is really interesting. I've actually learnt so much from it. I've learnt from the original post and most of comments that followed.

I lack authority to pronounce that site a fraud, even though, there are convincing reasons to believe so.

LESSON LEARNT

I didn't know people were into fraud to a level like this where they go creating fake sites for charities and others in a bid to cash in on unsuspecting donors and philanthropists around the world. I've learnt today as a newbie in the Web development game, I've learnt to conduct a thorough research within and outside of my prospects before carrying out the job.I'm happy to say this post is really interesting. I've actually learnt so much from it. I've learnt from the original post and most of comments that followed.

I lack authority to pronounce that site a fraud, even though, there are convincing reasons to believe so.

LESSON LEARNT

I didn't know people were into fraud to a level like this where they go creating fake sites for charities and others in a bid to cash in on unsuspecting donors and philanthropists around the world. I've learnt today as a newbie in the Web development game, I've learnt to conduct a thorough research within and outside of my prospects before carrying out the job.
I'm happy to say this post is really interesting. I've actually learnt so much from it. I've learnt from the original post and most of comments that followed.

LESSON LEARNT

I didn't know people were into fraud to a level like this where they go creating fake sites for charities and others in a bid to cash in on unsuspecting donors and philanthropists around the world. I've learnt today as a newbie in the Web development game to conduct a thorough research within and outside of my prospects before carrying out their job.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by adewasco2k(m): 11:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
Still on the matter? Phew undecided

I believe a lot have been learnt here though.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
What Spikes and everyone said above is true on a serious note, we should be very careful. I remember a certain prospective client that called me up for a job like that, paid me 50k in advance before giving me the project brief - the total price of the project was to be 100k. This was like 10yrs ago (when 50k was a bigger money than it is now) or so, i was still a learner then. They now explained to me some days after paying the money that it was to be a fake church website claiming the pastor can do miracles, in fact i was given another 419 site to clone.
B3low, brb
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by CreativeWeb(m): 5:05am On Jan 15, 2015
If I tell you that this: www.letstouchlives.com is a scam website, you may not believe it. The guy is based in Onitsha. He asked me to do this website, I refused. He got someone else to do it. Check it. It has US address with phone number and an Abuja address with his phone number. He has a facebook page for it. This is a guy that cannot write his name properly and does not feed well, yet, he runs an international organisation called Let's Touch Lives International, which raises money and helps less privilege people in Africa.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by gabng(m): 5:16am On Jan 15, 2015
If only op knows that he is now an accessory to a crime. dude is looking at a minimum of 3 years in ktown for conspiracy to commit fraud and if a maga pays you client then say good bye to your freedom for the next 7 years..

ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 15, 2015
dhtml18:
What Spikes and everyone said above is true on a serious note, we should be very careful. I remember a certain prospective client that called me up for a job like that, paid me 50k in advance before giving me the project brief - the total price of the project was to be 100k. This was like 10yrs ago (when 50k was a bigger money than it is now) or so, i was still a learner then. They now explained to me some days after paying the money that it was to be a fake church website claiming the pastor can do miracles, in fact i was given another 419 site to clone.
B3low, brb
In that season, I returned the 50k back to the client and walked away with an empty pocket, maybe I am not street smart!
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 15, 2015
gabng:
If only op knows that he is now an accessory to a crime. dude is looking at a minimum of 3 years in ktown for conspiracy to commit fraud and if a maga pays you client then say good bye to your freedom for the next 7 years..

ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Omo na u sabi O! If you get such offer forward it to me. Mr saint. I also wish u goodbye to ur freedom for the next 7years
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 15, 2015
CreativeWeb:
If I tell you that this: www.letstouchlives.com is a scam website, you may not believe it. The guy is based in Onitsha. He asked me to do this website, I refused. He got someone else to do it. Check it. It has US address with phone number and an Abuja address with his phone number. He has a facebook page for it. This is a guy that cannot write his name properly and does not feed well, yet, he runs an international organisation called Let's Touch Lives International, which raises money and helps less privilege people in Africa.

So? How many have u helped? Oga stop forming mr saint. Better person. Gods Child. Please when u get such offer decline it okay?

See mouth. Just mouth watering. Beside what makes u so sure that they are scammers? Anyway even if they are I don't bloody care. Moreover they didn't tell me that the want to use it for scam. Lols enemy of progress
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 15, 2015
Lols. Some want carry my matter for their head o! U can also drink pana for ma sickness.
Thank you.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Dahjhi: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2015
dhtml18:
pureguide:

I'm telling you... Guys dey para... Have heard a lot of this charity scam from guys... Its good pureguide make his dou... Its a pity Boiz won't stop scamming till the Nigerian Government see reasons and know that these brains behind scams are real talented skulls that should be used for upliftment if the nation..
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 15, 2015
Dahjhi:
I'm telling you... Guys dey para... Have heard a lot of this charity scam from guys... Its good pureguide make his dou... Its a pity Boiz won't stop scamming till the Nigerian Government see reasons and know that these brains behind scams are real talented skulls that should be used for upliftment if the nation..

Omo. To be sincere what they told is that they want to help the poor. And me I believed them and do my job and got paid. If na scam site I for no even put my site @ the footer if they had told me earlier. But am sure its not a scam. Because am following the CEO on linkedIn. Moreover if na scam. It has nothing to do with me. I only render my service just the same way Goodluck is rendering his service to us.

1 Like

Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by adewasco2k(m): 9:48am On Jan 15, 2015
pureguide:

Omo. To be sincere what they told is that they want to help the poor. And me I believed them and do my job and got paid. If na scam site I for no even put my site @ the footer if they had told me earlier. But am sure its not a scam. Because am following the CEO on linkedIn. Moreover if na scam. It has nothing to do with me. I only render my service just the same way Goodluck is rendering his service to us.

You are taking this issue the wrong way, most of those guys above that are saying its s scam or you should be careful next time are not jealous or something at least some of them we know are going great...they have been on Nairaland webmaster section for s long while and have being freelancing..... With this being your first project to land you 100k....kudus....I wish you better projects ahead.

You should just note what most of them have said and try to change your attitude.

I am not a saint..... In fact far back I did a similar job...didn't know initially it was a scam project ..because most will not tell you...I still did it becaus I didn't care n just needed the money....just be careful.... Simple n change your attitude. #peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 15, 2015
adewasco2k:

You are taking this issue the wrong way, most of those guys above that are saying its s scam or you should be careful next time are not jealous or something at least some of them we know are going great...they have been on Nairaland webmaster section for s long while and have being freelancing..... With this being your first project to land you 100k....kudus....I wish you better projects ahead.

You should just note what most of them have said and try to change your attitude.

I am not a saint..... In fact far back I did a similar job...didn't know initially it was a scam project ..because most will not tell you...I still did it becaus I didn't care n just needed the money....just be careful.... Simple n change your attitude. #peace

And what are the attitude I need to change? Because I did a job for someone? I should stop doing my job? Is that what I should change?
So far I have not seen anything coming from any of them as a n advice here Mr saint. all the did was to criticize and blame me for doing my job. Oga I don't even understand what u r saying sef. Even if they earn millions before now. Is non of my business am okay with the little one am making. Keep ur peace to ursef. Not after condemning me. U claim to be good. I don't need it. Thanks tho.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2015
pureguide:

And what are the attitude I need to change? Because I did a job for someone? I should stop doing my job? Is that what I should change?
So far I have not seen anything coming from any of them as a n advice here Mr saint. all the did was to criticize and blame me for doing my job. Oga I don't even understand what u r saying sef. Even if they earn millions before now. Is non of my business am okay with the little one am making. Keep ur peace to ursef. Not after condemning me. U claim to be good. I don't need it. Thanks tho.

Dont let them pour sand-sand for your garri o, your god has blessed you make we come share the money!
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
dhtml18:

Dont let them pour sand-sand for your garri o, your god has blessed you make we come share the money!

Lols. Money wey don finish.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by guru01(m): 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2015
CreativeWeb:
Let me restate that www.mylgcharity.com is a fraud charity website. I have rejected jobs like this in the past. I can give you a link of a website owned by one guy that lives in Onitsha. The website has UK address. The website is all about charity works. They claim to be raising money for poor people in some african countries.

Here are questions:
1. Who is behind mylgcharity.com that has an office in UK and has links with local governments to raise money for poor people in nigeria, ghana and zambia?

2. Does local governments have more money than state and federal governments?

3. Is mylgcharity an NGO?

4. If yes, is it registered in UK, Nigeria, Ghana and Zambia in order to be able to operate in these countries?

5. What is the facebook page of mylgcharity?

6. Who are the board members?

7. Which agency or company or organisation is the parent of mylgcharity?

8. What are the Nigerian phone numbers of mylgcharity?

@pureguide, you just did your first scam website job. Forget the internati

I think you are right.
Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by adewasco2k(m): 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
pureguide:

ooh i think you are really naturally rude.

being rude was the attitude i was talking about...but who cares...keep doing your thang man...thats all for this.

and i dont know the f**king job you talking about.....you downloaded template from w3layouts.com and you talking like you one boss....spare me all that bullsh!t man.

@all i am not saying using a template is a crime but i just had to spell this one out because of his attitude...kiddie

1 Like

Re: My First International Web Design Project *happy* by adewasco2k(m): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
This was my post to you

adewasco2k:

see the reply

pureguide:

So far I have not seen anything coming from any of them as a n advice here Mr saint . all the did was to criticize and blame me for doing my job. Oga I don't even understand what u r saying sef. Even if they earn millions before now. Is non of my business am okay with the little one am making. Keep ur peace to ursef. Not after condemning me. U claim to be good. I don't need it. Thanks tho.

Any sane person will know the kind of person you are, its just a pity

(1) (2)

Wordpress 3.2.1 Is Not Secure So Do Not Upgrade. / Super Fast Reliable Unlimited Web Hosting Starting@ ₦2700 First Year / 9 Ways To Eliminate Spam In Your Community Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.