Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning (68771 Views)

Sataric Nicknames And Their Origins / Funny Nigerians / Funny : Nigerians Colour Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by UnimkeAk(m): 8:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
Op your list can't be complete without

1) IKPA :
loose translation Skin I think, in a context that depicts toughness.. I no sabi sha but e sweet 4 mouth
My calabar/Uyo guys in the building can relate to this.

1 Like

Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Darey00(m): 8:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
BABA LONDON: Most likely a Yoruba man who had
spent some parts of his life in the UK (might even be
outside London or the US) but people just call him Baba
London anyhow. All that matters is that he has been
abroad for a time too long for the neighbours liking. This
man is now settled in Lagos and he owns a two-storey
building near Lawanson area. He is the landlord and
caretaker at the same time. He does not tolerate
indebtedness otherwise he is quick to tell you about his
exploits in the oyinbo's man civil service. His children are
definitely back in the UK considering the un-conducive living
conditions in Nigeria. He and his wife live in his second house
near Adekunle Bus-stop where they also have some
tenants downstairs.

lwkmd
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by eaccyboy(m): 8:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
1stola:
More:
Abokí - This guy is definitely a Hausa or Fulani by tribe. He has been in Lagos for more 6 years yet still clueless and doesn't even understand common pidgin language.
GEJ - GOATLUCK EGBERE JONADÁFT.
time to grow..in Lemar's voice
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Adeyinka12(m): 8:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
Where is ''Oga Ade''
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Faibuhari: 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
rawpadgin:
NDLEA are not workin, else this op wouldn't have created this thread
guy this is the best comment for toady
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by kcowen(m): 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
Wish Yuh could put this on d list
(1)Omo Ta
(2)After 1- A girl who has given birth out of wedlock
(3)Aboki
(4)Ashie- Refers to a prostitute
(5)Briefcase/Laptop- Refers to a Short Guy/Girl
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Neplusultra(f): 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
BAE: Shit, poopoo. Not a nigerian nickname tho undecided
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by DONOCHAS(m): 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
Edeede/Edet-one who does nt write in class.
Hipi- a person who is sent 2 skul bt goes else where like 2 play ball or go 2 play station centre.
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Medunah: 9:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

I wonder the kind of operating system ya brain dey use.

U sound so lazy to read anything.
Must every thread be less than 5 lines?
What's too long in the list if the Op?
K

u through??
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by mhyra(f): 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hehehehehehe. . . grin now i think this is very funny
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by simdam500(m): 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
Where is Brah

By the way, it sounds funny but the spirit of not reading lengthy shiiit still falls upon me undecided undecided
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by dfrost: 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
AKOWE: Definitely a Yoruba boy most likely from the rural area who came to town for the purpose of completing his education. Realities will make that impossible and he would end up been a vulcanizer or a carpenter. Because of his small stature, a lot of people don't know he is about 27 years old and that he has been secretly dating Bisi, the girl who sells Ewa Aganyi. Bisi's bulging stomach means Akowe must find a one room in face-me-I-face-you house. For other people, your in-law can call you Akowe with the serious hope that your visit (to her relief) is temporary.

I thought AKOWE was for someone who tends to know a lot...
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
Tobilastik:
lol
where is my VHEMA Come nd choose urz out of the nickname ooo
I dey here o grin
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by eunisam: 9:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
fucklikant101 you forgot SENIOR MAN. its the trending one now.
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
Medunah:

K

u through??

I m not yet through, secondary school girls like you ought to be preparing for WAEC & not roaming the romance section of Nairaland looking for worthless news!

Wish am ya uncle!
I would v.....
Coughs!
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Frankenstein: 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
tchidi:

They actually mean @b0ki. Na censor de change am.

Lol!!!!!!!! This is hilarious! grin cheesy cheesy grin
Oh. Really hilarious. Seun believes everybody from the north is an ab0ki.
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Frankenstein: 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

I m not yet through, secondary school girls like you ought to be preparing for WAEC & not roaming the romance section of Nairaland looking for worthless news!

Wish am ya uncle!
I would v.....
Coughs!
That's harsh.
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Medunah: 10:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

Wish am ya uncle!
I would v.....
Coughs!
ok grandpa, I left aw much i care in the papers of d waec am never gonna write again. So u might wanna use ur time for sometin useful like curing ur tuberculosis.
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Sarimah(f): 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Tobilastik(m): 11:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
vheMa:
I dey here o grin

wc is urz dere
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
Frankenstein:
That's harsh.
That's life!
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by iphanyiuma(m): 11:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
Actually its Ifeco not Effeco and its a nickname for people bearing ifeanyi...no be that crap way you write
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
Medunah:

ok grandpa, I left aw much i care in the papers of d waec am never gonna write again. So u might wanna use ur time for sometin useful like curing ur tuberculosis.
So you v left sec school, yet you can't read one page thread.
Complaining its lengthy.
Go back to sec school.
Coughs again!
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by jimmy101231(m): 11:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
nairalife2013:
Old boy, I suppose is the elites version of o'boy.
No mind this one way just they talk Nonsense I wonder what some people do with there time and brain...Foolish write up
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by jimmy101231(m): 11:38pm On Feb 04, 2015
nairalife2013:
Old boy, I suppose is the elites version of o'boy.
No $ind this one way they talk Nonsense I wonder what some people do with there time and Brain coming here writing rubbish..
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by phlamesG: 11:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
Wen I was in sec skul dere's dis name we usually boys of our age who weren't good in football 'opopo' grin
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by DaBullIT(m): 12:05am On Feb 05, 2015
AGORO tallest, someone very talk

ALAYE may not always mean a nuisance

OGBENI from Oriste Femi's mentality , means someone you are not really close with but you see , relate , talk or drink together
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by mrkings84(m): 12:31am On Feb 05, 2015
what about these nicknames "Never Expect Power Always for NEPA and No Permanent Friend for NPF" u no remember to add am?
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Zellie: 12:46am On Feb 05, 2015
He doesn't talk much for fear of losing all that he
had stored in his cerebrum

LOOOL grin grin
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Truckpusher(m): 2:51am On Feb 05, 2015
funmilayoB:

do u respect elders at all
The iidiot and his/her likes abound in this place. grin
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 05, 2015
bullshit.. lacks cohesiveness
Re: Funny Nigerians Nicknames And There Meaning by Amadaz(m): 7:01am On Feb 05, 2015
rawpadgin:
NDLEA are not workin, else this op wouldn't have created this thread
So you're suggesting he's high on drugs... Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lawmaker Wears "BOO" Cap To The National Assembly (Photo) / Buhari's Ministerial Screening: See This Hilarious Cartoon / Collection Of Pictures Showing Stupid Acts ( PHOTO )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.