Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening (48276 Views)

Okada Man Burnt Alive In Lagos Over His Involvement In A Robbery (Graphic Pics) / Man Killed By Armed Robbers While Trying To Rescue A Woman In A Robbery Incident / Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by lastpage: 3:16am On Jan 14, 2015
GreenWhiteGreen:

Broda, I feel your anger. Well, I'm totally fed up with this country. Once I finally say goodbye, it's after two decades. I prefer to die peacefully in another man's land. No place like home, but Nigeria is not a home. A sh!t hole that should be blown up by nukes. I hate Nigeria.

Relax Bro!

A lot of people, especially immigrants dont "die peacefully" in that place you are trying to relocate to!!
I am telling you so from first hand experience as somebody who has lived there for decades!

trust me, there are difficult challenges (though different) in thse places in the West.
You have said it ALL, NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS TO 'REPAIR OUR HOME".... SO THAT WE CAN ENJOY OUR HOME-NIGERIA.

First, Lets start with wiping out CORRUPTION!

80% of our problems as a country are anchored around corruption..... so when you have LEADERS that CONDONE CORRUPTION, you should know its a no-go area.

Take INSECURITY like these ROBBERY as an example:

*Where is the Police? ....majority of them are in some obscure corner collecting "Rooja"! -That is CORRUPTION

*Where is the Top-Grade Weapons to combat these heavily armed Robbers? ....-Ofcourse the Police have to use AK47 to confront Robbers bearing the latest Rapid-fire Assault Rifles! Where are the body-armour such "exposed" Police officers are supposed to wear? ....They just dont have one! BUT WHY? ....Some Police "Oga-at-the-Top" has stolen the money allocated to buy new weaponry and body armour meant for the officers confronting dare-devil Robbers! --- THAT IS CORRUPTION!

*People said Soldiers who are supposed to come to the assistance of the Policemen, where "NEARBY" guarding a "Big Man"! Using Soldiers as "body guards and errand boys" is an abuse of Process! That is CORRUPTION!

*What about helping the relations of the gallant-dead officers? No way, from now on, the family of those Policemen will start suffering. YOU SAY WHY? Because Oga has embezzled money meant for their Insurance and has connived to deprive the family of the dead officer, his due beenfits when and if he dies in service. You still ask WHY? ... IT IS CORRUPTION!

*These Armed robbers are Youths who should have been gainfully employed and you will be surprised that most of them are Graduates. Though a Thief will always be a thief but the country has been unable to reduce "their numbers" by providing jobs and "Social cushion" pending when a Graduate can start a job so much so that "Life has become a Survival of the fittest". We have the money as a country but we would (can)not do it because our leaders prefer to loot our Foreign Reserves to buy estates in Dubai and other countries . WHY? Its CORRUPTION!

*Some of those shot at these robbery may still have survived if there was Ambulance promptly available to take them to the nearest "fully equipped emergency ward" in a good hospital! But we dont have any Hospital equipped for such because someone at the Top has stolen majority of the health Sector allocation, with impunity. Dont ask me WHY again, l am sure by now you know it is CORRUPTION!

So, dont abandon us for another country where the CITIZENS did not abandon their country but FOUGHT TO PUT THINGS RIGHT BY FIRST ENSURING THAT ONLY THE RIGHT AND UPRIGHT PERSON SITS ATOP THEIR NATIONAL RESOURCES!

You have another chance to right the wrongs and evil that is "chasing you" away from your own country, where you could hold your head high and speak as loud as you want......ITS THE FEBRUARY 14 ELECTION!

WOULD YOU "VOTE RIGHT" OR SQUANDER THE OPPORTUNITY, BASED ON ETHNICITY OR RELIGION?

Trust me, its easier to vote right than to hope to die peacefully in a foreign land.

Thank you.

Lastpage!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by flashyoba231(m): 3:44am On Jan 14, 2015
They were abt 40 in number...they were frm anoda planet(2much ogogoro n weed+cocain n gum)..d policemen tried dere best..they emptied d whole police armory...just like 4th world war "arswear"

RIP........to d brave anti crime patrol.
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by kaybosedemi(m): 3:51am On Jan 14, 2015
It was a horrific scene in my peaceful town of Ikare Akoko yesterday. When I first heard the initial sounds,I thought they were sound from people blasting rocks not knowing those sounds were sounds of terror.Bombs were going off as if it was a battle ground. Gun shots rained the air like water dropping from the sky. We got to know it was a robbery attack when my neighbour called his wife from where he was lying down in his office . He was already praying to God because one of the robbers was stationed right in front of his office spraying all the shops around. Thank he couldn't lock his door. Most of the shops that were locked were sprayed with bullet. By this time, he was hiding under the rug in his office and praying to God to open the ground for him to hide there. My mums shop was sprayed. Though she doesn't use the shop. The shop was rented out to somebody. Some occupants were able to escape over the fence to Victory College and Lennon Jubilee high school. The robbers killed without mercy. Those mobile police men were coming from another town and unfortunately ran into them. They were all shot in the car they were in. They were about 5. Before they came into town , they had already destroyed the main police station at igbede killing about 5 civilians at the police station. All the banks in the town were touched. A security guard at first bank said the guy beside him was shot because his phone rang while they were all lying on the door. Bank customers were shot, shop owners were killed. Sad to tell you that the girl that sold the wheat we are still eating at home was killed in the attack. Her head was removed with bullet. We also heard that they were still shooting while they were leaving the town. Other innocent people were also killed. At Jubilee alone , over 10 bodies were counted, excluding casualties in the various banks. By the time we sum up all, I think we should be having over 20 victims. The soldiers at the check point into the town were drafted to Ekiti for Jonathan's campaign. They have been coming to rob as usual in the town almost every year, but the lives that were lost yesterday were just too many . Guys, it was a terrible scene. Ikare Akoko mourns. Where else do we run to. First bank had to relocate from their former place at garage to Jubilee cos their former branch there was bombed to the ground in their last attack. Their new branch at Jubilee was opened early last year. All the banks in the town were robbed.Ikare Akoko is in ONDO state and not Lagos. The armoured vehicle of the police men that tried to face them was lifted from the road into the gutter with bomb.This is our plight in Ikare Akoko on a yearly basis. Where do we run to? Why kill innocent and harmless people? May God help us.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 14, 2015
Not even an ambulance? What a useless country.
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by doofanc: 4:22am On Jan 14, 2015
kaybosedemi:
It was a horrific scene in my peaceful town of Ikare Akoko yesterday. When I first heard the initial sounds,I thought they were sound from people blasting rocks not knowing those sounds were sounds of terror.Bombs were going off as if it was a battle ground. Gun shots rained the air like water dropping from the sky. We got to know it was a robbery attack when my neighbour called his wife from where he was lying down in his office . He was already praying to God because one of the robbers was stationed right in front of his office spraying all the shops around. Thank he couldn't lock his door. Most of the shops that were locked were sprayed with bullet. By this time, he was hiding under the rug in his office and praying to God to open the ground for him to hide there. My mums shop was sprayed. Though she doesn't use the shop. The shop was rented out to somebody. Some occupants were able to escape over the fence to Victory College and Lennon Jubilee high school. The robbers killed without mercy. Those mobile police men were coming from another town and unfortunately ran into them. They were all shot in the car they were in. They were about 5. Before they came into town , they had already destroyed the main police station at igbede killing about 5 civilians at the police station. All the banks in the town were touched. A security guard at first bank said the guy beside him was shot because his phone rang while they were all lying on the door. Bank customers were shot, shop owners were killed. Sad to tell you that the girl that sold the wheat we are still eating at home was killed in the attack. Her head was removed with bullet. We also heard that they were still shooting while they were leaving the town. Other innocent people were also killed. At Jubilee alone , over 10 bodies were counted, excluding casualties in the various banks. By the time we sum up all, I think we should be having over 20 victims. The soldiers at the check point into the town were drafted to Ekiti for Jonathan's campaign. They have been coming to rob as usual in the town almost every year, but the lives that were lost yesterday were just too many . Guys, it was a terrible scene. Ikare Akoko mourns. Where else do we run to. First bank had to relocate from their former place at garage to Jubilee cos their former branch there was bombed to the ground in their last attack. Their new branch at Jubilee was opened early last year. All the banks in the town were robbed.Ikare Akoko is in ONDO state and not Lagos. The armoured vehicle of the police men that tried to face them was lifted from the road into the gutter with bomb.This is our plight in Ikare Akoko on a yearly basis. Where do we run to? Why kill innocent and harmless people? May God help us.

Lord have mercy!
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by doofanc: 4:25am On Jan 14, 2015
it was reported in network news ( radio) yesternight. didn't know the casualty was as high. so sad
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by nisotid: 4:29am On Jan 14, 2015
This is really painful and sad. Also, it is also becoming frequent with Ikare banks. May God help us. Please, if it becomes apparent that you can't guarantee your security today, please secure your destiny in Christ by repenting of your sins.
BWGISTdotCOM:
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/01/photos-from-robbery-attack-in-ikare.html
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Aw2mX6WOTpU/VLV2vVTssII/AAAAAAAESoo/ZB_oIlMeLpA/s1600/a.jpg[/img][img]http://1.bp..com/-Vo2c4Jo5eGo/VLV2wnKTV5I/AAAAAAAESow/ITQ-_A2o0f0/s1600/b.jpg[/img]
Here are pics from an armed robbery incident that occurred in the Ikare area of Lagos this evening. The robbers, numbering about 4 were said to have attacked motorists. The person lying on the ground was shot by the robbers who escaped.
This is really painful and sad. Also, it is also becoming frequent with Ikare banks. May God help us. Please, if it becomes apparent that you can't guarantee your security today, please secure your destiny in Christ by repenting of your sins.
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Nobody: 4:43am On Jan 14, 2015
Point of correction, Ikare is a town in Ondo nt Lagos. I dnt knw where u & Linda Ikeji got ur news from anyway.

RIP to d dead victims.
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by excel111(m): 4:58am On Jan 14, 2015
infact

Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 14, 2015
I keep saying that Linda isn't fit 2 be a blogger or even a reporter.I wonder why a blogger of ur status won't have call card 2 confirm the exact location of the scene b4 posting it on ur blog or even a common reporter frm each state that knw the details of things!Ikare,Lagos..?Do u think it's Ikare garrage in Lagos the inccident occured?Pls,posters beware of what u lift frm Linda's blog,i keep saying it that her reportage is bad,thank you.Meanwhile,thank God my colleagues in Skye Bank were all saved,RIP to the dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 14, 2015
BWGISTdotCOM:
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/01/photos-from-robbery-attack-in-ikare.html
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Aw2mX6WOTpU/VLV2vVTssII/AAAAAAAESoo/ZB_oIlMeLpA/s1600/a.jpg[/img][img]http://1.bp..com/-Vo2c4Jo5eGo/VLV2wnKTV5I/AAAAAAAESow/ITQ-_A2o0f0/s1600/b.jpg[/img]
Here are pics from an armed robbery incident that occurred in the Ikare area of Lagos this evening. The robbers, numbering about 4 were said to have attacked motorists. The person lying on the ground was shot by the robbers who escaped.
ishilove, edit dis post ikare z in akoko, ondo state nt lagos.
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by nonesense: 6:47am On Jan 14, 2015
ebenezer4o2:
I keep saying that Linda isn't fit 2 be a blogger or even a reporter.I wonder why a blogger of ur status won't have call card 2 confirm the exact location of the scene b4 posting it on ur blog or even a common reporter frm each state that knw the details of things!Ikare,Lagos..?Do u think it's Ikare garrage in Lagos the inccident occured?Pls,posters beware of what u lift frm Linda's blog,i keep saying it that her reportage is bad,thank you.Meanwhile,thank God my colleagues in Skye Bank were all saved,RIP to the dead.
Bad and rotten belle
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by nonesense: 6:47am On Jan 14, 2015
ebenezer4o2:
Bad and rotten belle
pple
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by kingthreat(m): 7:12am On Jan 14, 2015
Lord have Mercy. Evil really exists in this world.
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by bjreal67(m): 7:14am On Jan 14, 2015
Guys that robbery ws nt a joke, it started around 4:00pm till some minutes past 5pm in Ikare Akoko Ondo state.. All the four banks were looted, every obstacles was blasted and wasted by ds guys.. Those Pictures was captured at d scene after d whole thing, but the rest of the police wasted in police station before they started operation was numerous..

Those mopol never knew what they are going to face, when they drove into the scene, there vehicle ran into a shop because those merciless boys open fire on them killing all of them. These are mopol that came to help from Owo ondo state, because they had killed and demobilized security personnel before they start. Few soldiers were also killed because they had redeployed most of them to protect one "GEJ" at the Ekiti rally.. it was a TIMED operation. thank God there were no much soldiers if not..

RIP for all the lost souls
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Berrybear(f): 7:24am On Jan 14, 2015
Diz robbery append in ikare akoko in ondo state...it a stone throw from Adekunle Ajasin uni..akungba akoko...it was even God nd my exam dat saved me cos I had d intention of goin to d bnk....God really save my fuckin ass...
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:36am On Jan 14, 2015
legalwealth:
This is sad but God will continue to keep his watch over us all this new year! !!

they say heaven help those who help themselves, what is fashola doing wif billions he gets from security vote? the number of deaths from petty robbery alone in lagos is now competing wif the casualty figures in northeast nigeria, yet he will hv the guts to open his gutter mouth n criticize gej. .useless leaders!
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Gialmine(f): 7:40am On Jan 14, 2015
oboman:
People that take pictures of dead bodies, if the corpse lying are those of your relatives, would u still take pictures?

We should say no to this crude journalism. It's insensitive and gory.....

Taking pictures doesn't make them heartless. Photo journalism is one of the best aspect of the press. It takes you to the scene of the event or present the scene to you.

If the pictures are not present, some people will come here to say 'pictures or idonbilivit'
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Lxgking(m): 7:49am On Jan 14, 2015
Krisddon:
This is pure evil! No matter the condition why must they rob and worse still take innocent lives?
The fear of robbers have made banks to be closing on time, that's if they work at all in Kabba Kogi state.
Its very miserable here... I wonder why first bank is usually their target.
R.I.P to the dead!
bia how u take knwsay na Firstbank dem attacked, btw d op didn't mention anybank
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by ba7man(m): 7:50am On Jan 14, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

they say heaven help those who help themselves, what is fashola doing wif billions he gets from security vote? the number of deaths from petty robbery alone in lagos is now competing wif the casualty figures in northeast nigeria, yet he will hv the guts to open his gutter mouth n criticize gej. .useless leaders!
Dude, use your Brain naa, its free. undecided

Must you act like GEJ

I'm supposed to reveal your folly to you but I know you on this forum, you reject knowledge.
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Bamirex(m): 8:05am On Jan 14, 2015
I beg IKARE na somewhere in Ondo o not Lagos
..na Skul I dey when it happened yesterday..@ AAUA
.may their souls RIP
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Mrsshady(f): 8:20am On Jan 14, 2015
oyin01:
Ikare Akoko is in ondo state. Thats my town. I confirmed the robbery attack from my peeps. Its terrible.

that's my place too. God have mercy.
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:34am On Jan 14, 2015
ba7man:
Dude, use your Brain naa, its free. undecided

Must you act like GEJ

I'm supposed to reveal your folly to you but I know you on this forum, you reject knowledge.

e beta mek i act like gej than illiterate aboki
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Wuuworld(m): 8:38am On Jan 14, 2015
Ernieman:
U're so full of Shit, U idiot!
yes I accept dt,my regards to ur DAD who serves as d Anus dt excrete the poo....Billy goat
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Wuuworld(m): 8:40am On Jan 14, 2015
ShakaZullu:

Your mama and papa There
they are fine here...ur Aristos mum and sisters nko?
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by Wuuworld(m): 8:44am On Jan 14, 2015
lexxylalas2:

Is Jonathan also the cause of you putting too much salt in your soup?SMH
Am sorry,we don't use salt to cook in our house...
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by basseyubong(m): 9:40am On Jan 14, 2015
If He Better for everyman and everywoman thief no go dey

Guys no go spray bullet
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by CaptaiinG(m): 9:48am On Jan 14, 2015
tolababa:
The robbery took place at Ikare Akoko in Ondo state
Me sef come dey wonder how ikare go dey Lagos,There is only one Ikare and it is at Akoko
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by shypapa(m): 9:51am On Jan 14, 2015
Too bad angry
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by seangy4konji: 10:39am On Jan 14, 2015
God help us...
Re: Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening by akigbemaru: 11:11am On Jan 14, 2015
robbery scene!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Inflicts Injuries On Her Stepdaughter In Enugu (Disturbing Pix) / Police Parade Notorious Kidnapper, John Ewa, Three Others In Yenagoa / Man Kills Friend Over N1000 Note They Saw On The Ground In Lagos. Graphic Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.