Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Five Qualities Of A Real Man. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Five Qualities Of A Real Man. (1873 Views)

Top 10 Qualities Of A Good Wife That Wives Of This Generations Don't Have! / After 5 Years The Prophesy Of Her Real Man Has Come To Pass, "But She Is Married / .......... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by ucheheart(m): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
1. A real man doesn't flirt around, double date or cheat on his partner.

2. A real man should either be self employed or working for an organisation, if he is unemployed then he should endeavour to get a job even if the salary is very meagre.

3. A real man should be living on his own, not living in his father's house or squatting with some family members. Even if his father owns a house in the city, he should experience renting an apartment, by doing this, his father will respect him more. Then when his father is no more, he can inherit his father's house and move in.

4. A real man should be feeding himself, either he goes to a restaurant, cook for himself or give somebody money to cook for him, not eating from his mother's pot. He should be the breadwinner in the house and not the bread receiver..

5. A real man should always stand by his word even if his parents are against it. So long as his intentions are honest, genuine and good he should go ahead with it, he should never allow anybody to discourage him when making decisions concerning his life.

So If you think you are a man and you lack any of these qualities then you are far from being a man in fact, the more of these qualities you lack, the more childish you look.
Have a nice week.
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by starlingbawa(m): 11:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
Someone should come here and say if I possess all of the above mentioned qualities. I know I do but that'll sound like me blowing my trumpet.

@: you know yourself. Oya, come and talk ooo grin grin tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by galadima77(m): 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2015
abeg remove numba 1 jor!!!! only real men can afford to double date....it takes alot of stress, deceit n costs useful cash to do dt.

2 Likes

Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by bennygreat1(m): 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
The Op has real good point!!! Especially with No.2.

A Real man has got to have Money!!!

2 Likes

Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by beckyomas(f): 9:32am On Jan 14, 2015
starlingbawa:
Someone should come here and say if I possess all of the above mentioned qualities. I know I do but that'll sound like me blowing my trumpet.

@: you know yourself. Oya, come and talk ooo grin grin tongue
lol! Of course you possess all of those qualities.
Btw, the guy after you said number one is wrong, what do you think?
I think the list is not comprehensive, maybe there should be more.
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by vikel2104: 9:53am On Jan 14, 2015
ok. You try
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 14, 2015
A real man is little more than an overgrown teenage jock.

He sits around watching football and boxing, belching, drinking beer, needs to shower and shave way more often, listens to nothing but old skool music, treats his girlfriend like sh*t, brags about his big truck and expensive stereo and big d*ck.
Hangs around with a group of largely similar friends.
This is a real man, because the aforementioned are the kind that women just go wild for. grin
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by eleojo23: 10:44am On Jan 14, 2015
The definition of a 'real man' is subjective because everyone has their own version/opinion.
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by starlingbawa(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
galadima77:
abeg remove numba 1 jor!!!! only real men can afford to double date....it takes alot of stress, deceit n costs useful cash to do dt.

I'm tempted to say 'Exactly'! grin
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by ucheheart(m): 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Wrong! Real men protect their family in every aspect of life. By cheating on your wife are you protecting her from contacting diseases and heart break? Cheating or double dating can lead to a broken home. A real man will never do anything that will break up his family, he will do everything to keep his family together. Don't forget that in broken homes, children suffer most.
starlingbawa:

Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by starlingbawa(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
ucheheart:
Wrong! Real men protect their family in every aspect of life. By cheating on your wife are you protecting her from contacting diseases and heart break? Cheating or double dating can lead to a broken home. A real man will never do anything that will break up his family, he will do everything to keep his family together. Don't forget that in broken homes, children suffer most.

Very correct no doubt. But then, I only concurred on a 'LIGHTER MOOD'.

1 Like

Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by galadima77(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
starlingbawa:

lolz! how u dey
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by galadima77(m): 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
eleojo23:
The definition of a 'real man' is subjective because everyone has their own version/opinion.

.....and priorities too
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
ucheheart:
1. A real man doesn't flirt around, double date or cheat on his partner.

2. A real man should either be self employed or working for an organisation, if he is unemployed then he should endeavour to get a job even if the salary is very meagre.

3. A real man should be living on his own, not living in his father's house or squatting with some family members. Even if his father owns a house in the city, he should experience renting an apartment, by doing this, his father will respect him more. Then when his father is no more, he can inherit his father's house and move in.

4. A real man should be feeding himself, either he goes to a restaurant, cook for himself or give somebody money to cook for him, not eating from his mother's pot. He should be the breadwinner in the house and not the bread receiver..

5. A real man should always stand by his word even if his parents are against it. So long as his intentions are honest, genuine and good he should go ahead with it, he should never allow anybody to discourage him when making decisions concerning his life.

So If you think you are a man and you lack any of these qualities then you are far from being a man in fact, the more of these qualities you lack, the more childish you look.
Have a nice week.
No 2 not really its in an utopian world where everyone can easily afford rent.
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by starlingbawa(m): 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
galadima77:

lolz! how u dey

I'm good bro. I'm sure your day went well?
I hail you specially!
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by starlingbawa(m): 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
eleojo23:

I for one couldn't possibly agree more...

I'm sure a particular person wink agrees with this too?

Common now, you know yourself tongue
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by SAMBARRY: 9:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
Yes ke
Eagerly waiting for the counter thread so I am giving you ideas wink

Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by SAMBARRY: 9:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ahen so to the topic

Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by lilmax(m): 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Ahen so to the topic

a real man gives up his sit for a woman For where?
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
lilmax:
a real man gives up his sit for a woman For where?

Actually that's sexist because he thinks she's not strong enough to stand true feminist fight for equality. Meaning no special treatment.
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
Must it be five? And not ten? Twenty? Thirty?
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by ucheheart(m): 7:52am On Jan 15, 2015
You can't be staying under your parent with Your wife and children at age 40, that's embarrassing to Your wife. Even if it is bq try and rent one. That's why i like yoruba ppl. They cut their coats according to their size
pcguru1:

No 2 not really its in an utopian world where everyone can easily afford rent.
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by KanwuliaJara: 11:14am On Jan 15, 2015
Endangered species! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 15, 2015
ucheheart:
You can't be staying under your parent with Your wife and children at age 40, that's embarrassing to Your wife. Even if it is bq try and rent one. That's why i like yoruba ppl. They cut their coats according to their size

Oh no at that age that's too much I agree with that even at 28 I don't even feel comfortable and making plans to leave. It allows one have drive to work harder obviously since rent will be due. I understand tour point now

1 Like

Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by bukatyne(f): 11:20am On Jan 15, 2015
@OP:

'Real man' sounds rather clichelike

I think a responsible man etc. would be better.
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by ucheheart(m): 11:39am On Jan 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by ucheheart(m): 11:44am On Jan 15, 2015
bukatyne:
@OP:

'Real man' sounds rather clichelike

I think a responsible man etc. would be better.

some boys think they are men because they look responsible but they don't have what it takes to have a family, so such are not real men.
Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by Missmossy(f): 11:47am On Jan 15, 2015
I really concur, A real man should defined by his actions and his lifestyle in the longrun cool

2 Likes

Re: Five Qualities Of A Real Man. by bukatyne(f): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2015
ucheheart:

some boys think they are men because they look responsible but they don't have what it takes to have a family, so such are not real men.

I see

(1) (Reply)

Did You pass Through This Way From Your Mum When You Are A Kid? (pic) / Mbok! Tonto Dikeh-Obasanjo? / Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.