Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria (4673 Views)

"My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK / My Experience And My Stand With Other People View On Dr. Oji Alllwell (suicider) / What Happened During My First Menstruation, My Experience – BY Beauty Igweh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by GeeeAdebiyi: 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Health insurance is what I hear about In Hollywood movies until I had a fantastic experience recently. They say information is power and I believe many nigerians have spent more than they had to because they Lacked information.
I lost My mum to sickness just Last year and My Dad is the very sick type who spends a lot on drugs. I had to find a solution fast. I stumbled on a health insurance plan at our office at a reasonable low cost and wanted to try it out and wow it turned out well for me.
The plan is a very great one. You get to choose your hospital anywhere in the country from a list of fantastic Private hospitals and you get FREE HEALTH CARE FOR A YEAR for a low amount. You can do for yourself and/or for your family and believe me its the best decision I made last year.
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by kaybababa: 1:11am On Jan 21, 2015
my brother how much per yr and what is d procedure
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by Gboliwe: 10:58am On Jan 21, 2015
There are different plans depending on your health needs. The cheapest is N14,500 per head per annum. Where is your location?
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by kaybababa: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2015
abule-egba lagos, where is the nearest office for enquiry

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by Gboliwe: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2015
No 2. Irewole Avenue, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos.
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2015
when u've been insured, and u eventually fall sick. If it requires a huge amount of money for ur treatment, mybe lyk ten million. will insurance company pay de bill
GeeeAdebiyi:
Health insurance is what I hear about In Hollywood movies until I had a fantastic experience recently. They say information is power and I believe many nigerians have spent more than they had to because they Lacked information.
I lost My mum to sickness just Last year and My Dad is the very sick type who spends a lot on drugs. I had to find a solution fast. I stumbled on a health insurance plan at our office at a reasonable low cost and wanted to try it out and wow it turned out well for me.
The plan is a very great one. You get to choose your hospital anywhere in the country from a list of fantastic Private hospitals and you get FREE HEALTH CARE FOR A YEAR for a low amount. You can do for yourself and/or for your family and believe me its the best decision I made last year.
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by GeeeAdebiyi: 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
See hijacking, I am not Gboliwe o, I guess that's what you get for not following your Post. Please don't fall to people that will scam you.
For the question insurance companies are also smart, your type of plan will determine how much they would contribute to your expensive health cost.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by Gboliwe: 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
GeeeAdebiyi:
See hijacking, I am not Gboliwe o, I guess that's what you get for not following your Post. Please don't fall to people that will scam you.
For the question insurance companies are also smart, your type of plan will determine how much they would contribute to your expensive health cost.

Who are the people likely to scam him? Me? Don't be a coward, say it aloud let me understand you well
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by Gboliwe: 7:26am On Feb 04, 2015
The fooooolish coward has even deserted his mumu thread I graced with my awesome presence.
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by GeeeAdebiyi: 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
Mr Gboliwe, I really can't bring myself low to your level. I believe you should have better things to do

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by Gboliwe: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
GeeeAdebiyi:
Mr Gboliwe, I really can't bring myself low to your level. I believe you should have better things to do

I say it again, you are a coward! You dare use those leprous fingers of yours and indirectly tag me a scam which you can't proclaim openly and you talk about being low. You are the one low who should try to come up to my level. Foooool. Don't you ever in alllllllll your nairaland life, ever ever insinuate that, ever again. I won't find it funny with you and I am being very honest.
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by Akintoey: 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
Buying Health Insurance in Nigeria is mandated by the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
Companies are mandated by the NHIS to get Health Insurance for employees, when the company is composed of 10 or more employees.
I recently came accross Reliance HMO, a Health Insurance company in Lagos, Nigeria that offers Health Insurance packages with easy signups on the company website.
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by Ukprosper: 8:37am On Oct 15, 2020
Actually, insurance should be encouraged at every sector of Nigeria's economy, public and private.
Take for instance, I am a medical personnel and I can say that insurance would greatly enhance health care delivery in Nigeria. It would be a long story, but health insurance would reduce the number of deaths due to lack of money for health care.
Health insurance in Nigeria also has its own challenges that has made it difficult for people to participate, even for other insurance policies like life, car, housing and mortgage, etc.

But for now, here is a complete list of insurance companies in Nigeria and their coverage.
Top among the list are AIICO, Leadway, AXA Mansard, Custodian and Allied, Cornerstone, etc

Complete List of Insurance Companies in Nigeria
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by Dipoandrew: 9:39am On Nov 23, 2020
Subscribe to CribMD's health plans. Their plans come with health insurance, doctor house calls, online pharmacy and virtual consultations with a doctor.

See a doctor at an affordable price at the comfort of your home (Telemedicine), have a doctor visit you (Doctor house call), Buy your medicines with their mobile application and have it delivered to you (Online pharmacy) and Get free health insurance on any of the packages all at an affordable price. Check out the packages on https://cribmd.com/pricing
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by gettinganswers: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2022
GeeeAdebiyi:

With the fact that there is health insurance in Nigeria, not many people take advantage of it which should not be. Thanks for your comment, I learned a lot.
Re: My Experience With Health Insurance In Nigeria by gettinganswers: 4:12pm On Aug 19, 2022
GeeeAdebiyi:

You are very correct. I learnt that too from this post when I was searching for the best health insurance in Nigeria. Thanks for the heads up.

(1) (Reply)

HOW TO CURE STAPHYLOCOCCUS/STDs WITH PRJ WITHOUT SPENDING A DIME / COVID-19 Update For May 17 2021 In Nigeria / Eye glasses vs contact lens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.