Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? (1441 Views)

5 Steps Christians Can Fulfil God's Purpose For Their Lives. / Should People Be Told How To Worship GOD In Church? / Obasanjo, Oyedepo’s Lives In Danger – Prophet Oladele Samuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by Weah96: 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
Here is the latest cartoon from Charlie Hebdo. Muslims are invited to explain whether the person who drew this picture deserves death?

I personally don't see the outrage. Jesus has been depicted every which way by cartoonists in the past and even today in cartoons like South Park. Christians aren't decapitating people over it.

2 Likes

Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by channelz: 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by johnydon22(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
I wonder if cat got the minds of these guys... killing a human cus of some dead human long ago... Muslims should seriously check themselves and see the truth behind all this religious bigotry and fallacious dogmas!!!

3 Likes

Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by Weah96: 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
One must have an empty life to want to kill someone over a picture like this.
But if the order came from God, then we need to reevaluate ALL the orders that supposedly come from God.

2 Likes

Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by johnydon22(m): 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
Weah96:
One must have an empty life to want to kill someone over a picture like this.
But if the order came from God, then we need to reevaluate ALL the orders that supposedly come from God.
it no god bro... its all humans

1 Like

Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by MightySparrow: 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
Why not? If the head is not correct.
Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by theunusualmoon(m): 2:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
MightySparrow:
Why not? If the head is not correct.
Why not what? Could you please affirm your thoughts for us?
Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by dorox(m): 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
Most muslims would not go as far as to kill the cartoonist themselves but are happy that an insult to Prophet Muhammad did not go unpunished.
Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by PastorKun(m): 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
dorox:
Most muslims would not go as far as to kill the cartoonist themselves but are happy that an insult to Prophet Muhammad did not go unpunished.

What exactly is it about mohammed apart from his personal claims that makes muslims believe he is a prophet of God? It really beats my imagination how a man whose moral and ethical standards falls far below the average person today is revered so much in islam and would make people kill for him hundreds of years after he died.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by vooks: 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by Weah96: 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
Faith can be a dangerous thing. That's why it must be based on objectivity.

I know little about manufacturing automobiles. I can change my own oil and tires, but that's about it. But I believe, by faith, that a brand new 2015 Ford Expedition will crank up if I insert the correct key in the ignition. I believe this even though I haven't the slightest clue what the metallic key is doing or how it is connected to the engine. My faith is based on several observations in everyday life. A random Christian and Muslim will both reach the same conclusion.

But whenever the topic of God comes up, people tend to assume another kind of faith, the one which doesn't require the assistance of observations.

That's the kind of faith which we are being compelled to reexamine.

2 Likes

Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by plaetton: 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
I have repeatedly said that faith=doubts.

It is quite funny that religious folks believe so much in an omni omni god who is all seeing, all wise, etc, who is able to dish out divinely measured justice in the present or in the future realm.

Yet, the religio-tards , in their actions, don't seem to have enough faith that their god is a capable of divinely measured judgment and justice for those who supposedly offend him.

What I mean is ; If a person offends god or his prophets, is god not the most qualified and competent to judge that person and dish out commensurate justice for the offender?

Why do religio -tards think that god is not competent enough to avenge himself, considering his omni omniness?

Do these re.tards really believe in god, or are they, as I rightly theorize, telegraphing to us that they don't really believe in any divine justice , which would also, as I rightly guess, that deep down, they have terrifying doubts that big skydaddy may just be the big monster in their psyches?

I am 100% certain that religious extremism is driven by the most destructive forms of cognitive dissonance.

Anything that remotely threatens the belief system acts like a trigger to an already charged and prepped up bomb in the minds of religious extremists.

No sane person kills for a religious conviction.
But many easily kill for cognitive dissonance.

So each time these religio-tards commit acts of horror to defend their beliefs, we know that they are acting to self-preserve the raging monster in their innermost psyche.
Religion is a disease.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by PastorKun(m): 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
plaetton:
I have repeatedly said that faith=doubts.

It is quite funny that religious folks believe so much in an omni omni god who is all seeing, all wise, etc, who is able to dish out divinely measured justice in the present or in the future realm.

Yet, the religio-tards , in their actions, don't seem to have enough faith that their god is a capable of divinely measured judgment and justice for those who supposedly offend him.

What I mean is ; If a person offends god or his prophets, is god not the most qualified and competent to judge that person and dish out commensurate justice for the offender?

Why do religio -tards think that god is not competent enough to avenge himself, considering his omni omniness?

Do these re.tards really believe in god, or are they, as I rightly theorize, telegraphing to us that they don't really believe in any divine justice , which would also, as I rightly guess, that deep down, they have terrifying doubts that big skydaddy may just be the big monster in their psyches?

I am 100% certain that religious extremism is driven by the most destructive forms of cognitive dissonance.

Anything that remotely threatens the belief system acts like a trigger to an already charged and prepped up bomb in the minds of religious extremists.

No sane person kills for a religious conviction.
But many easily kill for cognitive dissonance.

So each time these religio-tards commit acts of horror to defend their beliefs, we know that they are acting to self-preserve the raging monster in their innermost psyche.
Religion is a disease.

You would have done well to address the religion in question directly and not generalise it to all religions.
Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by italo: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2015
PastorKun:

You would have done well to address the religion in question directly and not generalise it to all religions.

If one religion does something bad, these Atheists say all religion is useless...but if one religion does something good, they dont say all religion is good.

If one group of Atheists does something bad, the dont say all Atheism is bad.

Tell me what can be making these Atheists so obviously dishonest, if not satan in them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by Ifeann(f): 11:44am On Jan 15, 2015
Weah96:
Here is the latest cartoon from Charlie Hebdo. Muslims are invited to explain whether the person who drew this picture deserves death?

I personally don't see the outrage. Jesus has been depicted every which way by cartoonists in the past and even today in cartoons like South Park. Christians aren't decapitating people over it.

Jesus preached love, forgiveness and tolerance.. Any christain that hurts someone because they criticized jesus ceases to be a christain unless he goes back in repentance. ...... Mohammed on the other hand preached intolerance retaliation and fighting in the name of his god...he commanded the assassination of his critics and those who wrote peoms critical of his ideology. He approved of the murder of a man in his 100s and a breastfeeding mother amongst others that questioned his ill doctrine. So why does it surprise people when Muslims kill those who draw the false prophet of Islam.

1 Like

Re: Should People Lose Their Lives Over This? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
italo:

Tell me what can be making these Atheists so obviously dishonest, if not satan in them.
It is your psycho God that tells lies. Your God is an evil spirit.

(1) (Reply)

Is Ponography Ideal In Christian Marriages?? / Genesis 6 Vs 6......christians Pls Explain. / Grown Men Kneeling Down To Welcome Their Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.