Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Eye Service, Advice From An Older Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Eye Service, Advice From An Older Wife. (712 Views)

Between An Immature Young Guy And An Older Man / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Eye Service, Advice From An Older Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eye Service, Advice From An Older Wife. by allycat: 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
shocked I think being married for over a decade +, qualifies me as an elder to give some words of advice to my juniors concerning eye service grin
1. Start the race as you intend to finish. If you are lazy like me let Oga know with style from the beginning. Don't go rushing to help him cook, wash his clothes and sweep his house when you would rather be in the living room watching telemundo. This one I say from experience, I made the 'mistake' of always sweeping my room myself and making the bed myself now so many years later I have to get up every morning pick a broom and start sweeping the floor. If I leave the house first when I get back I have to go make the bed because nobody else is allowed to do so angry. Fortunately for me the first day I tried pounding yam Oga told me to not to that he didn't want me to get muscles, If not I would still be pounding yam every other day till now.

2. Retain your own interests. For instance if you don't like football and prefer telemundo, let him know. Don't let him believe you love Messi, Xavi, Andreas Iniesta(Barca forever) when you start dating and wonder why 5 years down the line he doesn't understand when you want to watch Lola instead of the Barca versus Chelsea game. Let him know so he can invest in dual view TV as part of your prenuptial agreement.

3. If you like money like me let him know from the beginning. In fact the first words I asked my sister in law to teach me in their language was money. Any Bini person can translate my crude Biin 'Re Gho me'. Don't pretend you don't like money then later start complaining that your bobo is stingy. I am not saying you should turn him to an ATM before you marry him. If bobo says let's go to Sherston for buffet and you say I can manage Iya Ibeta's amala so he thinks you are prudent, when you marry and he takes you only to amala joints or Mr Biggs don't complain oh.

4. In laws that is the tricky one; you definitely need some level of eye service here but not too much. Make sure it is the one you can continue for ever sha.No need dressing like Mary Amaka any time you go to visit Mama then after the wedding bring out your Beyonce human hair. Mama can see right through your act and can make your life miserable if she thinks you deceived her.

5 Love- you can't fake it! If you can't stand the guy, his habits or his family or his friends don't even enter.There is no pretence or eye service in this area that can ever help you. If you hate the fact that he smokes, is a womaniser, party going freak, run as far as your legs will carry you. He won't change, drop his family for you or change his friends after marriage. You will just become bitter and hate your life.I married the most undomesticated man I can think of but I knew before I married him and was ready to accept it. So now I know that when I travel and come home I will first wash the dirty dishes he used while I was gone, wash the grimey bathtub before I can take a bath, change the sheets even if I am dead tired, that is after I heave the mountain of used clothes off my side of the bed. He didn't pretend and I accepted it then so it's my cross I bear it.

So my sisters marriage can be fun with the right person especially if you are the right person for him.

2 Likes

Re: Eye Service, Advice From An Older Wife. by ireneidiva(f): 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
Interesting
Re: Eye Service, Advice From An Older Wife. by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
#words!!!

(1) (Reply)

Meet Gertrude Weaver and MISAO OKAWA ; World Most Oldest Person / Need To Share A Flat In Portharcourt / Please We Need Your Reader's Advice URGENTLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.