Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. (1173 Views)

intimate Perversions That Leads To Hell Christians Should Avoid. / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) / When Husband And Wife Practise Different Religions! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by Ndipe(m): 1:14am On Dec 19, 2008
Yoga is the rave at the gym, with some men and women, ignorantly and innocently signing up to practise yoga. One may allude to its popularity to another lifestyle to help you lose weight or balance your life. But do they actually know the origins of yoga? I read an article in a Christian Magazine that encourages believers to stay away from yoga, with reasonable explanations. Prior to the article, I was never ever a fan of it, due to its entrenchment in hinduism.

Here are the facts about Yoga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by MrCrackles(m): 1:23am On Dec 19, 2008
Una don come again! angry
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by PastorAIO: 1:48am On Dec 19, 2008
Ndipe:

Yoga is the rave at the gym, with some men and women, ignorantly and innocently signing up to practise yoga. One may allude to its popularity to another lifestyle to help you lose weight or balance your life. But do they actually know the origins of yoga? I read an article in a Christian Magazine that encourages believers to stay away from yoga, with reasonable explanations. Prior to the article, I was never ever a fan of it, due to its entrenchment in hinduism.

Here are the facts about Yoga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini

So what did the magazine say. I didn't see anything in the link you posted that is connected with touching your toes.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by Ndipe(m): 1:51am On Dec 19, 2008
Well, I dont know if the magazine has a presence online, so I cant cull up the article. But just read the information on yoga that I researched on wikipedia. Shouldnt that be enough?
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by huxley(m): 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2008
Why would you believe what the christian magazine (or indeed wikipedia) say? Also, supposing the medical treatment of an ailment has its roots in non-christian traditions, would you also refrain from using such treatment if it was prescribed to you by you doctor?
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by Horus(m): 1:32pm On Dec 19, 2008

Afrikan Yoga creates a perfect feeling of well being and when the body feels good and energetic, it stimulates the body to prevent and cure illness.  No other form of exercise has such a remarkable effect on the body's own natural healing powers.The most ancient system of yoga is[b] 'Afrikan Yoga'[/b], it's true name is Smai meaning Union/Breath.Afrikan Yoga regulates your breathing improves energy levels, alertness and clarity of mind. It stretches and works the muscles in the body toning and giving an invogorating workout. Increasing your energy with oxygenated blood, which actually helps to store energy in the body and replenish cells.
Afrikan Yoga improves the circulation of blood and lymph, massaging internal organs. Improving the function of the glands, such as the pancreas, ovaries, thyroid, testicles, pituitary and adrenals. Many diseases are caused by poor circulation so Afrikan Yoga is a valuable therapeutic tool.Afrikan Yoga incorporates, postures, dance, (womb dance), Hudu (Afrikan Tai Chi), visualisation, meditation and hikau.
Afrikan Yoga is the reconnection to the source. Afrikan Yoga is the combined wisdom of Ancient Afrika with its rich heritage in natures principles. Afrikan Yoga is timeless culture for everyday living.

Source: http://www.afrikanyoga.com/
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by Cayon(f): 1:41pm On Dec 19, 2008
@poster

Personally, yoga is good for both physical and mental (helps me focus) fitness. Plus it keeps my tummy flat and gave me a bigger "asset". Anyway, i wouldn't bet my life on Wikipedia since anyone can go in and write TOSH.

Peace
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by carmelily: 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2008
@cayon

Pray do tell, how long did it take to get that Yoga tummy? and how hard was it getting there? I need one!
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by carmelily: 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2008
@Topic

Of course, anything remotely related to Africa must be evil. except after it has been re-packaged and labelled "white". Nonsense.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by Cayon(f): 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2008
@carmelily:

I usually do a quick walk before my yoga, the tummy will flatten gradually.  But here is an article on how to tighten your tummy with yoga

http://yoga.swicki.com/Flatten+Tummy+With+Yoga/

Peace

Oh my God, I can't breathe. You have Cat Stevens on your avatar.  He is still one of the best before and after he converted to Muslim. The dude is awesome
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by GoodMuyis(m): 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2008
Well i dont see any reason why people should live unhealthy live cool
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by carmelily: 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2008
@cayon

Thanks a mill!

And Cat Stevens is so, so, so kiss kiss kiss and so is yusuf Islam cheesy
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by Kuns: 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2008
Don't be such an hypocrite, Ndipe.

When you hear the word Christ you are hearing the word Kristos which is derived from the word Krishna.

And then this Jesus Kristos, doesn't even look like you. Imagine you are worshipping a God (Jesus) that doesn't look like you, then you have the nerve (arrogance) to tell other not to do yoga.

There is Hinduism is the bible , where Jesus said what you reap is what you sow , this is the Hindu law of Karma , but African pretend this religion is their own , the reality is the christianity is a plagarisation of many different religion , all mixed together , then spoon fed back to you as Christianity.

At the end of the day the Oyinbo , tolerates the Indian (Hindus) and their way of life more than they do you Africans.

It's time to come out of your slave masters mindset , and give him back his lying religions , in whatever form it is in , be it Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism.

Go and find the knowledge of your true self and spirituality , this is what will really empower you. Not one else religion that was designed to enslave you mentally.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Practise Yoga. by tpia: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2008

(1) (Reply)

The Sanctifying Presence - Pastor Chris / This Month Every Spiritual Blessing Shall Become Physical. / Hidden Truth Of How We Been Robbed By Men Of God (pastors).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.