Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Please I Need Someone To Solve This Sta203 Assignment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please I Need Someone To Solve This Sta203 Assignment (1132 Views)

See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School / Picture:boy Commits Suicide After Failure To Solve Mathematics Question / Pix : See How A Principal Decided To Solve Examination Malpractice In His School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Someone To Solve This Sta203 Assignment by Danny4show(m): 12:59am On Jan 15, 2015
All my effort to solve this two questions out of the assignments given to us was fruitless..pls I need your help sir's and ma's..
1) IN AN EXAMINATION THE AVERAGE GRADE WAS 74 AND THE STANDARD DEVIATION WAS 7. IF 12% OF THE CLASS ARE ALL GIVEN A'S AND THE GRADES ARE CURVED TO FOLLOW A NORMAL DISTRIBUTIONS. WHAT IS THE LOWEST POSSIBLE A'S AND THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE B'S?

2) A LOT CONTAIN 5 ITEMS OF WHICH 4 ARE EFFECTIVE, 3 ITEMS ARE DRAWN AT RANDOM FROM THE LOT ONE AFTER THE ONE WITHOUT REPLACEMENT, FIND THE PROBABILITY THAT ALL THE 3 ARE NOT EFFECTIVE?

GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU HELP A BROTHER....
Re: Please I Need Someone To Solve This Sta203 Assignment by economia: 2:22am On Jan 15, 2015
Can u reach me on 08033147591
Re: Please I Need Someone To Solve This Sta203 Assignment by agentofchange1(m): 7:07am On Jan 15, 2015
Danny4show:
All my effort to solve this two questions out of the assignments given to us was fruitless..pls I need your help sir's and ma's..
1) IN AN EXAMINATION THE AVERAGE GRADE WAS 74 AND THE STANDARD DEVIATION WAS 7. IF 12% OF THE CLASS ARE ALL GIVEN A'S AND THE GRADES ARE CURVED TO FOLLOW A NORMAL DISTRIBUTIONS. WHAT IS THE LOWEST POSSIBLE A'S AND THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE B'S?

2) A LOT CONTAIN 5 ITEMS OF WHICH 4 ARE EFFECTIVE, 3 ITEMS ARE DRAWN AT RANDOM FROM THE LOT ONE AFTER THE ONE WITHOUT REPLACEMENT, FIND THE PROBABILITY THAT ALL THE 3 ARE NOT EFFECTIVE?

GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU HELP A BROTHER....

*****Solution *****

Q2 given 4 effective , it means. 1 not effective

now total ways of selection = 5C3

p(not effective) = 1- p(effective)

=> 1 -[ 4C3/5C3 ] = 1-( 4/10)

hence probability that all three selected are not effective

I.e p(not effective) = 6/10 =0.6 that's it .

hope it helps ..
Re: Please I Need Someone To Solve This Sta203 Assignment by Danny4show(m): 7:23am On Jan 15, 2015
agentofchange1:

*****Solution *****

Q2 given 4 effective , it means. 1 not effective

now total ways of selection = 5C3

p(not effective) = 1- p(effective)

=> 1 -[ 4C3/5C3 ] = 1-( 4/10)

hence probability that all three selected are not effective

I.e p(not effective) = 6/10 =0.6 that's it .

hope it helps ..
yea thanks bro..what of the second question?

(1) (Reply)

Homework? / UNILAG Post Utme 2015/2016 Registration Details, Cut Off Mark, Exam Schedule / Simple Question That People Find Very Difficult To Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.