Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School (5430 Views)

See Assignment Given To My Sister In SS1. / Checkout The Assignment Given To A Group Of Pupils. See What A Student wrote / See Assignment Given To A Primary 1 Pupil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by viqueta(m): 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
So my colleague brought this assignment to the office today and said they gave his 2-year old niece in pre school to do. He said the kid can barely speak talk more of write. Some schools can go the extra mile just to make parents pay huge sums of money with the guise that they teach their kids well, a child that can barely identify alphabets and numbers, I know Education is expensive but what do we call this please?

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by peckebu(f): 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
this is serious

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by nifemi25(m): 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
How would a 2 years old kid write a project? Oga gan ooo.

6 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by viqueta(m): 5:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
very serious o my sister
peckebu:
this is serious

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by viqueta(m): 5:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
i tire ooo
nifemi25:
How would a 2 years old kid write a project? Oga gan ooo.
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
All I know is that Readiness Class begins between 4years to 5years of age, where 2years old kids are just accomodated....for the fun of it.

Also, Nursery in my area is an equivalent of Readiness, meaning the above is still relavent. So, in my area your niece can get the assignments as all kids but nothing is expected. Even these older ones obviously can do as much.....

Teachers are so smart that they know these kids academic abilities way more than the parents.....their job.

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Oloriburukumods: 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Even me i'll have to visit google... I bet the teacher does not knw this

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by viqueta(m): 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Are you saying this is OK?
jagugu88li:
All I know is that Readiness Class begins between 4years to 5years of age, where 2years old kids are just accomodated....for the fun of it.

Also, Nursery in my area is an equivalent of Readiness, meaning the above is still relavent. So, in my area your niece can get the assignments as all kids but nothing is expected. Even these older ones obviously can do as much.....

Teachers are so smart that they know these kids academic abilities way more than the parents.....their job.
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Ribajae(m): 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
Woah.... Nigeria will not surprise me again..
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
viqueta:
Are you saying this is OK?
The table of contents....I am not sure of undecided.

Otherwise its Okay. Bro, my cousin is 3 turning 4 December and he recites countries like crazy. He has a globe and will point at Mexico whilst calling out China grin....its okay, atleast he knows something.

When he eats we say his mouth is an airport and a plane from country X has to land......he learns. At times he will cry for not wanting to eat, create shapes and funney faces with food. He must recite his colours accordingly (from his attire), red could be yellow.....Excellent, for he atleast remembers there is colour red. The writing is still very gibberish ofcourse (the teacher knows), but let him write.

Dont be worried about the long requirements.....its just there. All a teacher wants is for you to stimulate the brain. Write all of those in your niece's playboard and play with her using all of the info. You should have that copy at home. Amen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
Now where is lalasticlala sef
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by tomioro(m): 8:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
This is arrant nonsense! The teacher himself /herself needs to be flogged repeatedly.

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by VoltageDivida(m): 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
This looks more like a project. In partial fulfillment of the requirements for the award of nursery degree.

7 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by benjamin007: 11:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Stupid teacher,

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 02, 2017
peckebu:
this is serious
That's the problem with us....
Inferiority Complex is a disease..

What's the meaning of this rubbish.
The SCHOOL should be closed down.

Very soon they will ask them to start engaging in FURTHER MATHEMATICS or possibly start speaking like the whites, just to prove to gullible parents that they are doing well as a school, only for the kids to find it difficult reciting their home addresses and fathers' names...

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by calculator123(m): 2:01am On Jun 02, 2017
How does a 2years old child wanna understand what was written in the first place...That school should be closed down joo.

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Nobody: 3:44am On Jun 02, 2017
teacher don't teach me nonsense at my age please !!
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Oladipo1166(m): 4:05am On Jun 02, 2017
I love this skul..... I wish my kids could go their.....

#this is wot we called international standard.

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 02, 2017
Oladipo1166:

#this is wot we called international standard.

Your children should really go there,good morning.

As for the post,hmmmmmm, no comment yet.

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by LilSmith55(m): 5:47am On Jun 02, 2017
This one na Project for Polytechnic student naaaa...
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by RoyalBoutique(m): 5:52am On Jun 02, 2017
Naija and local mentality.

We want to be like the Americans, yet we can't do what they do.

What's in the questions?

Those questions are for the parents to teach their kids, not for the kids to do alone.

A two year old kid in the US knows the 50states and their capitals while naijas two year olds are dumbasses.

Schooling is all about research ... Kids research from their parents till they are able to do it alone.

But in naija, school is all about blackboard and chalk and teachers that commit English homicide.

Tell your colleague to do the assignment with the kid and also to teach the kid how to answer questions.

As simple as that... Unless your colleague is also a dunce.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Chiboyz40(m): 5:53am On Jun 02, 2017
For those saying that this is ok, good and all that, for me it's not. Now this kind of "project" is very very good to start knowing or doing from an early stage in life to make future projects easy BUT it should start from the PRIMARY level and not the NURSERY level. Allow the nursery pupils to learn every basic thing finish 1st (that is why they are in nursery in the first place), then you leave the advanced learning to start from primary. So i don't support this.
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by Plumkin(f): 6:16am On Jun 02, 2017
I'm not even sure I would allow my child to a conventional school at such a tender age. But if I did, it's definitely not going to be some mushroom business centre called school because no QUALIFIED TEACHER would try to mind f^*k a 2 year old like this...so annoying

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by adatemi: 6:27am On Jun 02, 2017
The assignment is for the parents since it's obvious that a 2 yr old can't

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by teamv: 6:33am On Jun 02, 2017
adequate parental supervision

1 Like

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by femi4: 6:37am On Jun 02, 2017
jagugu88li:

Its Irreelivant. What they should be doing at the stage (Pre school/crech) is identification and uses of objects

Identification and uses of body parts.

Rhymes and music

Perfecting their ability to write using combination of strokes curves

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by R3B3L(m): 6:37am On Jun 02, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

What's in the questions?

Those questions are for the parents to teach their kids, not for the kids to do alone.

A two year old kid in the US knows the 50states and their capitals while naijas two year olds are dumbasses.

Schooling is all about research ... Kids research from their parents till they are able to do it alone.

But in naija, school is all about blackboard and chalk and teachers that commit English homicide.

Tell your colleague to do the assignment with the kid and also to teach the kid how to answer questions.

"all 2 year olds in America"?? Same America we all know.?? The "project isn't tedious, but d mode of presenting d question should be something d child can interprete.. if the child can't explain to d parent(s) what the question was den wats really d point?

4 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:41am On Jun 02, 2017
R3B3L:
"all 2 year olds in America"?? Same America we all know.?? The "project isn't tedious, but d mode of presenting d question should be something d child can interprete.. if the child can't explain to d parent(s) what the question was den wats really d point?

Yes all two year olds.

And the parents should explain to the child and not vice-versa.

The parents should teach the child how to understand.

2 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by femi4: 6:44am On Jun 02, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

What's in the questions?

Olodo! To cram State and Capital is different from reading and understand the questions above
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:45am On Jun 02, 2017
femi4:
Olodo! To cram State and Capital is different from reading and understand the questions above

Dunce

Who asked you to cram?

Efulefu

4 Likes

Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by R3B3L(m): 6:46am On Jun 02, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

Yes all two year olds.

And the parents should explain to the child and not vice-versa.

The parents should teach the child how to understand.
and den d teacher will......?? Not all two year olds. There are dose smarter just like we have in Nigeria. It's d same d world over. Even if a few can recite all names of deir states, doesn't make dem capable of handling ds workload. U are very wrong. Kids in America are quite dumb... the work of the teacher is to teach d child to understand. The parent is at liberty to assess how well the teacher has done said job. Not make d work of d teacher easier in any way.
Re: See The Assignment Given To A 2-year Old In Pre School by femi4: 6:47am On Jun 02, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

Dunce

Who asked you to cram?

Efulefu
You almost make sense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex For Grade: Lady Exposes Another Lecturer Who Asexually Harassed Her (photos) / (video) 7 Animals That Can Kill A Lion One On One / Letter To The Minister Of Education On Immorality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.