Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Keeping A Full Tank Keeps Your Car Healthy. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Keeping A Full Tank Keeps Your Car Healthy. (1940 Views)

Fuel Tank Spotted Inside A Bus (Photo) / See Reasons Why You Should Not Always Ask For Full Tank. / Full Tank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keeping A Full Tank Keeps Your Car Healthy. by AutosBay(m): 8:03am On Jan 15, 2015
Keeping a full tank keeps your car healthy. Experts that are familiar with the common fuel injection system will tell you that running out of fuel can cause serious fuel line problems - and that running low can be detrimental, too. Running out of fuel in a fuel injected car can allow small particles of dirt and rust that are concentrated at the bottom of the gas tank get sucked by the fuel pump. When this happens, some of that dirt can work its way past the fuel filter, into the injectors, causing major problems.

Source: Wikipedia.org

1 Like

Re: Keeping A Full Tank Keeps Your Car Healthy. by kelvine(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2015
Timely info,I will make effort to always maintain a full tank.
Re: Keeping A Full Tank Keeps Your Car Healthy. by Ricmayak1: 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
save yourself headaches by having an intact fuel pump housing.
Re: Keeping A Full Tank Keeps Your Car Healthy. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:55am On Jan 16, 2015
AutosBay:
Keeping a full tank keeps your car healthy. Experts that are familiar with the common fuel injection system will tell you that running out of fuel can cause serious fuel line problems - and that running low can be detrimental, too. Running out of fuel in a fuel injected car can allow small particles of dirt and rust that are concentrated at the bottom of the gas tank get sucked by the fuel pump. When this happens, some of that dirt can work its way past the fuel filter, into the injectors, causing major problems.

Source: Wikipedia.org

thats half the truth what would have happened to the filter/strainer on the pump itself then the filter on the line

so the solution is not filling up the tank but get the tank cleaned, the pump filter/strainer changed and the line filter changed

the tricky part is for diesel car if you run out of fuel and refill you need to prime otherwise the wont start and there would be air in the fuel lines

1 Like

Re: Keeping A Full Tank Keeps Your Car Healthy. by Kashif(m): 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
Carrying full tank does not keep your car healthy in any way. Just make sure you do not get to reserve. I top up at 1/4.

For me, always carrying full thank reduces fuel economy because it is extra load. I drive as light as possible. If travelling, I go full tank though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keeping A Full Tank Keeps Your Car Healthy. by Export1: 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
Very nice and useful advice. Is there an expression... Miser pays twice? It's just about this main problem of the car owners.
Re: Keeping A Full Tank Keeps Your Car Healthy. by chukel(m): 7:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
Kashif:
Carrying full tank does not keep your car healthy in any way. Just make sure you do not get to reserve. I top up at 1/4.

For me, always carrying full thank reduces fuel economy because it is extra load. I drive as light as possible. If travelling, I go full tank though.
u r right but not just because of weight. Trying to fill the tank comes with the tendency of attendants to overfill. This damages the charcoal canister over time and results in evaporation emission codes.
Re: Keeping A Full Tank Keeps Your Car Healthy. by kelvine(m): 7:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
Still following and learning. Some of us only drive we don't know many things about our cars.

(1) (Reply)

OK / Opel Zafira And Toyota Picnic,all 2000 Model. Advice On Which To Buy And Why / Oil Shortage In Camry 07 With 4 Plugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.