Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors (1891 Views)

Abeg Wetting This Thing Mean For My Camry Big Daddy / Oh Yee Demeanors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 08, 2018
$1,600 OBO grin

Who is brave enough to step up?

Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by aaidel(m): 8:05am On Nov 09, 2018
what are the faults? how much is the shipping?
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 09, 2018
It’s not my car. Ad says trans issues. Shipping in container from Los Angeles to Lagos is $1,200
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Readonee35L(m): 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2018
mexican ride . hahahaha. bomb alert
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2018
I'll pass.
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by kingreign(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2018
I'd flee from the temptation of touching such evils.

2 Likes

Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by oblo(m): 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2018
It's not bad na.. Why are you all running with your tails inbetween... angry
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2018
oblo:
It's not bad na.. Why are you all running with your tails inbetween... angry

Because it's not Camry grin

1 Like

Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by banky3w(m): 9:45pm On Nov 09, 2018
EgunMogaji has presented irumole for the demeanors. Gazzuzz, bring oil quick...... There rest should just bring tools or anything iron...... No rubber or plastic oh.... cool

1 Like

Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 09, 2018
banky3w:
EgunMogaji has presented irumole for the demeanors. Gazzuzz, bring oil quick...... There rest should just bring tools or anything iron...... No rubber or plastic oh.... cool

Haaaaa...is 2005 not too young to be Irunmole? grin

1 Like

Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by banky3w(m): 6:42am On Nov 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Haaaaa...is 2005 not too young to be Irunmole? grin
This is 2018, have you forgotten that the older the car, the better the chance it qualifies...... This one qualified...... That car price is the cost of an iPhone grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Because it's not Camry grin

I won't be comfortable buying a ridiculously priced vehicle with no obvious physical damage.

Asides the transmission, might also have loads of undisclosed mechanical issues.

If there's a thorough inspection prior to purchase, maybe I'll consider. Else, I'll pass.
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
rationalmind:

I won't be comfortable buying a ridiculously priced vehicle with no obvious physical damage.

Asides the transmission, might also have loads of undisclosed mechanical issues.

If there's a thorough inspection prior to purchase, maybe I'll consider. Else, I'll pass.

Most likely this car has only a transmission problem based on the price. I won't say more than $900 for it personally but it's a good buy to someone that is motivated.
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 10, 2018
Tarvarish will jump at this and then fix it all by himself inside his garage. That guy can buy anything. I can't believe he actually bought this burnt Ferrari from hoovies garage.

Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 10, 2018
greenhulk:
Tarvarish will jump at this and then fix it all by himself inside his garage. That guy can buy anything. I can't believe he actually bought this burnt Ferrari from hoovies garage.

That guy is one of my favorite YouTube Autoists.

Hoovies Garage is the model I intend to follow in Ibadan complete with a storage warehouse. (Already have internal space for 4 vehicles and can store 30 vehicles external in the compound.)

I would buy this Ferrari in a heartbeat.

Now, he may be forever upside down on the car, but that is part of the fun grin
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

That guy is my idol.

His is exactly the model I intend to follow in Ibadan complete with a storage warehouse. (Already have internal space for 4 vehicles and can not 30 vehicles external in the compound.)

I would buy this Ferrari in a heartbeat.

Now, he may be forever upside down on the car, but that is part of the fun grin

One of my favorite YouTubers. He just finished fixing the interior of his Lamborghini, now the interior is 100% after taking everything apart to fix the fuel leak issues. The only thing left is the convertible top which I'm sure will be taken care of before the end of next week. The guy is a wizard, the only guy crazy enough to buy that burnt Ferrari.
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Lexusgs430: 12:55am On Nov 11, 2018
greenhulk:

One of my favorite YouTubers. He just finished fixing the interior of his Lamborghini, now the interior is 100% after taking everything apart to fix the fuel leak issues. The only thing left is the convertible top which I'm sure will be taken care of before the end of next week. The guy is a wizard, the only guy crazy enough to buy that burnt Ferrari.

Is he by any chance, his own warranty? Wrench everyday?
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:42am On Nov 11, 2018
greenhulk:

Check out Samcrac. Sam does something similar but instead with auction cars. He's currently working on an Audi R8.

I think Hoovies is better than Tavarish, though.
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by kingreign(m): 7:31am On Nov 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Check out Samcrac. Sam does something similar but instead with auction cars. He's currently working on an Audi R8.

Oh so you all follows these guys? Have you also checked out chrisfix?
I follow samcrac, chrisfix, tavarish, hoovies and a few others on YouTube and read their columns on autotrader.com cool
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Is he by any chance, his own warranty? Wrench everyday?

Tarvarish is the warranty grin
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Hoovies doesn't fix his own cars, he has the 'wizard' that does the fixing. But I also love hoovies, he has over 40 cars, all purchased for cheap. I think his bentley is one of his most expensive and he got scammed with that car. Odometer was rolled back because car was exported into Russia where the odometer was rolled back, car was seized by cops many times in Russia before being imported back to the US and then he bought it not knowing car spent 10 yrs in Russia. Till today the car still get many problems that he couldn't fix. But if that was tarvarish he would fix in the cheapest way possible.
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2018
kingreign:

Oh so you all follows these guys? Have you also checked out chrisfix?
I follow samcrac, chrisfix, tavarish, hoovies and a few others on YouTube and read their columns on autotrader.com cool

Yep, yep, yep, I waste away most of my days on YT. grin
Jason from Engineering Explained is also boss. Best technical content in that niche, I think.

greenhulk:

Hoovies doesn't fix his own cars, he has the 'wizard' that does the fixing. But I also love hoovies, he has over 40 cars, all purchased for cheap. I think his bentley is one of his most expensive and he got scammed with that car. Odometer was rolled back because car was exported into Russia where the odometer was rolled back, car was seized by cops many times in Russia before being imported back to the US and then he bought it not knowing car spent 10 yrs in Russia. Till today the car still get many problems that he couldn't fix. But if that was tarvarish he would fix in the cheapest way possible.
Oh, yes, true.

That Bentley Continental went on so many journeys. grin
I don't even think Tavarish could fix it, tbh.

1 Like

Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Lexusgs430: 8:42am On Nov 11, 2018
greenhulk:

Tarvarish is the warranty grin

He has completed the interior........
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 11, 2018
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Lexusgs430: 1:39am On Nov 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I also follow Rich Rebuilds https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfV0_wbjG8KJADuZT2ct4SA

You wan rebuild Tesla ?
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Lexusgs430: 1:41am On Nov 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I also follow Rich Rebuilds https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfV0_wbjG8KJADuZT2ct4SA

I admire him from a distance..........

1 Like

Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You wan rebuild Tesla ?

Electric vehicles are beyond my capabilities and frankly I consider them to be very dangerous work for other than factory trained technicians.

But we all will be forced to reckon with them inside of 10 years.
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Lexusgs430: 4:46am On Nov 12, 2018
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=72888067]

Electric vehicles are beyond my capabilities and frankly I consider them to be very dangerous work for other than factory trained technicians.

But we all will be forced to reckon with them inside of 10 years.[/quote

Imagine the possibilities of buying a fairly used tokunbo Model X or Model S, for $1000........ Dreams Dreams Dreams.....
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:01am On Nov 12, 2018
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=72888404][/quote]

Probably never going to happen in the near future. Except you're talking salvage-titled and even then, it's hard to find one. Those cars rarely get into accidents.

For some perspective, there are only 128 Teslas currently listed on iaa.

Edit: Of those 128, only 2 are run and drive, and the cheapest is a 2013 Model S listed with a 28k buy now price. Bidding is currently over 16k.

Good luck finding a 1k Tesla.
Re: Wetting The Whistle Of The Demeanors by Lexusgs430: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Probably never going to happen in the near future. Except you're talking salvage-titled and even then, it's hard to find one. Those cars rarely get into accidents.

For some perspective, there are only 128 Teslas currently listed on iaa.

Edit: Of those 128, only 2 are run and drive, and the cheapest is a 2013 Model S listed with a 28k buy now price. Bidding is currently over 16k.

Good luck finding a 1k Tesla.

I stated dreams.......

(1) (Reply)

Engine Ringing! Please Help / Car Review: 2015 Toyota Yaris Sedan / Man Challenges Innoson, Transforms Old Peugeot 504 - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.