Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Are Women Commodities? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Are Women Commodities? (444 Views)

Are Women Hardwired To Prefer The Colour Pink? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Women Commodities? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 15, 2015
ARE WOMEN COMMODITIES?
Alright the other day I was going through a post on facebook. And the poster posted on a topic partaining a particular ethnic group (no be for my mouth you go hear am sha.) that stipulates unrealistic expensive list in the name of bride price for prospective suitors. Someone in the comment box either out of ignorance or out of self defense for his state or will I say out of disrespect for women? said and I quote

''When you marry a woman with large amount of money you will value her more than when you marry her with a little bride price. Its just like buying gold, and buying rubber you'd value the gold because you bought it with a large sum of Money''

Many people have this kind of mediocre mindset like the above anonymous quoted person and it baffles me. Now my question is are women commodities that are valued based on how large her bride price is or based on how much the man involved loves her?

(1) (Reply)

Edit Your Write-up Today / Love Has Fallen Apart ? / Slam Poetry On Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.