Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,233 members, 7,839,224 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Please Help! I Get Electric Shocks Lately - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! I Get Electric Shocks Lately (739 Views)

Too Much Heat : Guys Have You Looked At Your Scrotal Sack Lately / SEE PHOTOS: White Man Shocks Doctors By Becoming Black After Operation / Tomcat: The Dreaded "Electric Ant" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! I Get Electric Shocks Lately by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 15, 2015
Hello, it all started sometime last year. I was in church on a weekday for an enquiry, was about leaving the hall when I touched the aluminium made door, I got the shock of my life! I stayed back and watched how others after me touched same door and left. I later touched the door and didn't get an electric shock. Fast forward to December last year, went out with a colleague for an inspection, on attempt to shut the door of the car, yet another unbelievable electric shock! He noticed and touched the door but got nothing. Down the line to last week, on two occasions, the cabs I entered, I got more electric shocks from the doors. Same last week, was about to change seat(Plastic), I got shocked as I tried to get up from the seat. Now, just this morning, as I made my way into the office, the handle of the door almost threw me off balance with the volts I got from it.
Please, is there any medical explanation to these
Abi i have some super powers?!

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Get Electric Shocks Lately by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 15, 2015
Zuwo nah harmathan we they..so its natural.
Re: Please Help! I Get Electric Shocks Lately by ArchEnemy(m): 9:53am On Jan 15, 2015
Noope...its static electricity, I think d harmattan has made d atmosphere more charged.I ve gotten some shocks from d car I drive too. in fact some times I ve d fear of having another shock when am about to unlock d car door with its key.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Get Electric Shocks Lately by nwaanambra1(m): 10:00am On Jan 15, 2015
Its called static electricity.

some objects are electrically charge because of their composition. most times the electricity are dormant and needs to be discharged so when u r negatively charged and u come in contact with positively charge objects the circle will be complete and there will be a discharge - so if you touch conductors like aluminium doors, car doors, etc that's when you get the shock! grin

this is just my layman's way of explaining.

To avoid the shocks, always rub your hands together or put a gel like Vaseline, etc.

the shock can be startling and funny! grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Get Electric Shocks Lately by Elslim: 10:10am On Jan 15, 2015
U r a mutant. Ur body is finally coming to terms with d mutation goin inside you. It normally takes 20-40yrs for d mutation to be complete. Once it's done u will be able to control Electricity. (think of electro) remember with great powers comes great responsibility!

Meanwhile

SaiBuhari!!

Next
Re: Please Help! I Get Electric Shocks Lately by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2015
Elslim:
U r a mutant. Ur body is finally coming to terms with d mutation goin inside you. It normally takes 20-40yrs for d mutation to be complete. Once it's done u will be able to control Electricity. (think of electro) remember with great powers comes great responsibility!

Meanwhile

SaiBuhari!!

Next

LOL! this guy cracked me up, Oga! I don't want electro's power, I want to be superman!

NwanAnambra and ArchEnemy, thanks for the enlightenment and tips on how to avoid it, really appreciate, feels good to know am not alone and it's normal cos fear been don dey catch me.

Tydies my partner in Zuwonism, may your ministry know no bounds.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Get Electric Shocks Lately by ArchEnemy(m): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2015
Elslim:

Meanwhile

SaiBuhari!!

Next
lol

(1) (Reply)

Recipes For joystick Enlargement / What Are The Causes And Solutions For A Delayed Or No Ejaculation During Sex? / Doctors In The House, Your Help Is Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.