Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) (2220 Views)

Tecno Phantom 5: Tecno’s 2015 Flagship Device Thread / Samsung Galaxy S6 And Galaxy S6 Edge: New 2015 Flagship Smartphones (PICTURES) / Order Your Innjoo One “2015 Flagship Killer” Now At The Cheapest Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) by Nsonaso(m): 10:07am On Jan 15, 2015
Mi Note Highlights

3D curved Gorilla Glass 3 with metal frame
5.7” Sharp/JDI Full HD display (95% NTSC, 1400:1 contrast ratio)
Snapdragon 801 2.5GHz, Adreno 330, 3GB RAM
Dual 4G SIM (micro/nano), Dual Standby
Sony 13MP camera f/2.0, Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS)
4MP front camera with large 2-micron pixels
Hi-Fi audio system, 24-bit/192KHz lossless playback support
3000mAh lithium-ion battery, Quick Charge 2.0
Pirce: ¥2299 (≈ $370) for 16GB model, ¥2799(≈ $451) for 64GB model available on 27 Jan on mi.com

Re: Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) by Nsonaso(m): 10:15am On Jan 15, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Note Pro Highlights
Xiaomi Note Pro features a 1440x2560 pixels JDI panel, which would make it one with the enviable 515ppi pixel density. Not only that, but it is also blessed with the whopping 4 GB of RAM, and the highly-anticipated Snapdragon 810 chipset, making it an Android 5.0 64-bit powerhouse. The phablet also has a Hi-fi audio with a dedicated ESS ES9018K2M sound processor, and two OPA1612 amp chips from Texas Instruments.

Rounding up the great offering are a 13 MP rear Sony camera with optical image stabilization, and a 4 MP UltraPixel front-facer with large two micron pixels. Keeping the lights on will be a 3090 mAh of a battery pack, which is the only seemingly weak point of the phablet, unless the JDI display panel is really power-sipping. In fact, the phone will use a panel with Sharp's NEGA display tech, which means it will indeed consume very low energy, almost equivalent to a 1080p panel of that size, just like it is the case with the Meizu MX4 Pro.

It's the Note Pro's design that is the most striking, though, as the phone sports an extremely thin body (which would explain the relatively small juicing capacity), aluminum frame, and trimmed bezels for an all-around compact handset, regardless of the hearty screen diagonal.

What's more, it comes with the very generous 64 GB storage out of the box. the Xiaomi Note Pro will cost you the equivalent of 3300 yuan, which is about $532 - not a bad pricing for a futureproof phablet with all the bleeding edge bells and whistles. Any takers?

Re: Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) by chukzy17: 10:18am On Jan 15, 2015
How much is it
Re: Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) by Nsonaso(m): 10:22am On Jan 15, 2015
chukzy17:
How much is it
Read carefully and see the prices attached to each of them

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) by Youngzedd(m): 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
So they finally released the best today.

4GB RAM choi!

This device is the talk of the town in Asia.

I wonder how they were able to seal this secret. No website predicted it right.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) by Nsonaso(m): 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
Youngzedd:
So they finally released the best today.

4GB RAM choi!

This device is the talk of the town in Asia.

I wonder how they were able to seal this secret. No website predicted it right.
My brother me too.... There are just too much.
Re: Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) by pingpong1: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has unveiled two flagship phablets in Beijing on Thursday, comparing them directly with Apple's largest iPhones.

Chief executive Lei Jun introduced the Mi Note, saying it was shorter, thinner and lighter than the iPhone 6 Plus.

Priced at 2,299 yuan ($371; £244), the 16 gigabyte model is less than half the price of Apple's handset and Samsung's phablet, the Galaxy Note 4.

Analysts say Xiaomi became the world's third bestselling phone firm in 2014.

Phablets are generally mobile devices that have features of both a smartphone and a tablet, but are too big or small in size to be classified as either one.

Xiaomi - which was only founded in 2010 - announced that the Mi Note was 6.95mm (0.27in) thick and weighed 161g (5.7oz).

That makes it 1.05mm thinner than the iPhone 6 Plus and 11g lighter.

The flagship Mi Note Pro has a higher resolution display and a faster processor than the basic model
It also features a 13 megapixel (MP) rear camera, made by Sony, and a 4MP front one.

In addition, Xiaomi announced the higher-end Mi Note Pro, which will be released at a later date. This model has:

a higher resolution 2K display (515 pixels per inch)
a faster 64 bit Snapdragon processor and 4G chip, which is capable of 450 megabits per second (Mbps) downloads
more RAM memory (4GB)
64GB of built-in storage
It will sell for 3,299 yuan ($532; £350).

The company has been accused of copying iPhones in the past and Wee Teck Loo, head of consumer electronics research at market research firm Euromonitor, said a lot of emphasis was put on a side-by-side comparison with the iPhone 6 Plus at the start of the launch.

"Xiaomi appears like a teenager who wants to act like an adult and yet, clings on to his blanket for comfort - Apple bashing," he said.

Kiranjeet Kumar, senior market analyst at IDC Asia Pacific, said Xioami's comparisons to the iPhone implies the firm believes it is a product they look up to.

"They are trying to position against Apple or are trying to appeal to the Chinese consumer who still aspire to iPhones," he said.

Price war
In terms of features, analysts said that the specifications of Xioami's new devices did not show a "breakthrough in innovation" and its low prices were still the biggest attraction.

"Xiaomi changed the game in a way. Instead of keeping everyone's focus on ground-breaking innovative features coming on flagship phones, it has switched attention to packing great specs at modest price points," Mr Kumar said. "The key would be if they surpass the competition and its earlier models at those price-points."

The flagship devices basically extended what Xiaomi was good at - models that were targeted at Apple and Samsung, the only firms that still outsell it, Mr Loo added.

"The new models are definitely an upgrade compared to their predecessors - Xiaomi desperately needed to refresh its line-up to keep up with its competitors," he said.
Re: Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) by emekaD3(m): 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
No stylus included? .. these smart phone makers should know that the majority of galaxy note users buy it just because of the s pen. Damn I miss my note 10.1 sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) by modskiller(m): 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
That price tho....
Re: Xiaomi 2015 Flagship: Mi Note & Mi Note Pro (pics) by initialize(m): 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
I dey watch this one too.... Let me order my next Xiaomi phone....

Where's my phone sef?

Heys! Come go buy me recharge....

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, Phone Restarts When Opening Facebook App / Please Help! My 1 Week Old Camon Cx-air Is Restarting Itself And...... / How To Spot A Fake Infinix Hot 4 (infographic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.