Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? (63694 Views)

Poll: And the better dribbler is:

J J Okocha: 69% (90 votes)
Ronaldinho: 30% (40 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is The Best Dribbler / The World Ever Best Dribbler Okocha, Ronaldinho Or Zidane / Barcelona & Real Madrid - Who Has The Better First Xi Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by lailai2(m): 8:58am On Dec 22, 2008
Eastbay:

What kind of talk is all this?
Isn't dribbling a part of football?
And don't you play football to win?
If someone,for some reason best know to him feels dribbling is just an art,then he should set up a travelling football caravan,instead of playing for the fun of it.
Ronaldinho dribbled and got results.
Jay-Jay dribbled and got almost nowhere.Hardly any titles to his name.
At the end of the day,you are judged by your results.
And since Ronaldinho dribbled and got results,he is better for me.
Football isn't entertainment alone.There's a lot of money involved.
Are you asking why PSG was the biggest club he played for?How many top-level teams scrambled for his signature when they heard he was a free agent?
Jay-jay is good,but I think he regrets not taking his career a little more seriously than he did, i.e. play to win more

read the topic again
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 22, 2008
Common guyz. u people can compare J J with Dinho. J J is the master. He dribbles, Create chances, Scores and does many thing whenever he is with the ball. So he is incompareable
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by phemygee(m): 11:33am On Dec 22, 2008
Why should you guys be so sentimental, Ask Ronadinho himself, he will confess to you that Okocha is one of his Role model, Be update before you post replies,
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by vanhelsing(m): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2008
@ phemmygee

old boy shut your trap and stop saying what you dont know, how can JJ be Ronnie's role model of all the great dribblers that came outta brazil, back @PSG ronnie only said he admired JJ and his skills, the boy has been dribbling ever before he knew who JJ was, He is a better dribbler than JJ is and y'all dont put racism into this they are both black skinned.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by bastrin(f): 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2008
angry angry angry angry angry

Okwacha is beta dan Ronnie.

angry angry angry
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Jaybaba(m): 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2008
Okocha is the best dribbler to have played football on a football pitch!
He certainly was not the best footballer but he was the best dribbler.
Ronaldinho runs and swerves, he tries to dance once in a while and many other skills.
Okocha does not run when he dribbles and run into space, he can do many things with the ball in one small space and leave the defenders thinking how it was all possible.
Ronaldinho himself confessed to have learnt a lot of dribbling watching Okocha while both were at PSG and unless you are biased you would have seen Ronaldinho do a lot of Okocha moves. Baggio, Zidane, Maradona, Pele, Hagi etc were more goal and result oriented than Okocha and that's why the Nigerian in spite of his superodinate talents was least acknowledged.
Nolan describes Okocha as doing in a match what many great footballers only do in training and he never thought of them (dribbles) as anything.
Ronaldinho runs, Messi runs, C. Ronaldo runs, Okocha dribbles. He could beat a defender and still be on the same spot with the defender thoroughly embarrased. None of the above could ever dribble a marker and still be where he started.
C. Ronaldo recently confessed to having Okocha as his dribbling mentor.
Okocha, you are too much
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Jascobee: 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2008
i guess many of u guys started following football when ronnie lost form.How on earth could u be comparing RONNIE with JAYJAY when world analysts were on the verge of giving RONNIE the greatest footballer in history.The guy was a phenomenon in his days.Ronnie would dribble defenders before he gets to them.Okocha was world class too but please Roonie no be i mate at all.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by lailai2(m): 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2008
vanhelsing:

@ phemmygee

old boy shut your trap and stop saying what you don't know, how can JJ be Ronnie's role model of all the great dribblers that came out of brazil, back @PSG ronnie only said he admired JJ and his skills, the boy has been dribbling ever before he knew who JJ was, He is a better dribbler than JJ is and[b] y'all don't put racism into this they are both black skinned.[/b]

then i'll have to go for the blacker person grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Afam4eva(m): 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2008
I've said it times without number that we Nigerians should go back to using our local languages in schools instead of English, since we don't understand the meaning of DRIBBLER.
He asked who the best DRIBBLER is, not the most purposeful or skillfull, so always read the post before replying.
Undoubtedly Jay Jay Okocha is the best dribbler that the world has ever seen, that why he was named twice.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by goodguy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2008
I fail to understand why some here are bringing in a whole new angle into this discourse. The topic queries, "who is the better dribbler?", and some folks are using the fact that he never got a WFY or a AFY award as a yardstick. No one is asking who scored more goals or who was more "purposeful". To me, Okocha was a better dribbler on the football pitch.

- "Jay Jay does in a live match, what most footballers would only do in training."
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by lailai2(m): 12:29am On Dec 24, 2008
goodguy:

I fail to understand why some here are bringing in a whole new angle into this discourse. The topic queries, "who is the better dribbler?", and some folks are using the fact that he never got a WFY or a AFY award as a yardstick. No one is asking who scored more goals or who was more "purposeful". To me, Okocha was a better dribbler on the football pitch.

- "Jay Jay does in a live match, what most footballers would only do in training."
afam4eva:

I've said it times without number that we Nigerians should go back to using our local languages in schools instead of English, since we don't understand the meaning of DRIBBLER.
He asked who the best DRIBBLER is, not the most purposeful or skillfull, so always read the post before replying.
Undoubtedly Jay Jay Okocha is the best dribbler that the world has ever seen, that why he was named twice.

don't mind them
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 24, 2008
And where did all his dribbling get him?
Dribbling is part of football.If you can't use it to become a better player,then it's useless.
If you want to isolate dribbling from football,go ahead,it just makes no sense.

We should be asking if Jay-jay was as good as Ronaldinho.Not if he dribbled as better than him.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by goodguy(m): 10:58am On Dec 24, 2008
Eastbay:

Dribbling is part of football.

So is defending, running, heading, finishing (scoring), passing, crossing, setpieces, etc.

If we can conveniently isolate these football actions and use 'em to compare players, I see no reason why dribbling should be an exception.

Eastbay:

We should be asking if Jay-jay was as good as Ronaldinho.Not if he dribbled as better than him.

You're absolutely free to create a thread on that.  But while you're at it, it will be greatly appreciated if you'd confine your posts to the query of this thread's title.  Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 24, 2008
I guess you haven't noticed that Ronaldinho is above average in all of the attributes you listed except defending.
That's why he's a better footballer.

You're yet to answer where all his dribbling got him.When you do,we'll talk.

The Ronaldinho you're comparing him with needs no introduction on his career.We all know what he's done.Raising dust on who the better dribbler is just a waste of space,because if I'm looking at the big picture,results count,not how many step-overs you do.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by ladej(m): 12:03pm On Dec 24, 2008
i would say ronaldinho, WHY? cos his dribbling has had end product at the highest stage for club and country

Okocha realised late in his career that football is a team sport not individual. thats why i believe he didnt rise as high as george weah for example, not to talk of ronaldinho
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2008
ladej:

i would say ronaldinho, WHY? because his dribbling has had end product at the highest stage for club and country

Okocha realised late in his career that football is a team sport not individual. thats why i believe he didnt rise as high as george weah for example, not to talk of ronaldinho

Thanks and Merry Christmas.
You know what this is all about.Dribbling without end product is nothing.
Like I said in my earlier post,Jay-jay is probably asking himself if he could have done more during his career aside from dribbling.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by goodguy(m): 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2008
Sigh.

Again bro, you miss the gist. The question is "Who is the better dribbler?", not "Whose dribbles produces better results?" These are two different issues entirely.

The sooner you understand that, the better it will be for all of us.

Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Afam4eva(m): 6:52pm On Dec 25, 2008
Those of you that are asking where Jay Jay's dribbling took him should'nt be here in the first place, always read the topic before contributing.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by kazeem4t(m): 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2008
But even Ronaldino respects Jay-Jay
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 26, 2008
Maybe Ronaldino respects jay-jay as an elder.

My point is:
We shouldn't be debating about who the better dribbler is.It's inconsequetial as far as I'm concerned and very trivial.
You cannot separate dribbling as an entity from football as a whole.
Dribbling is supposed to be a tool to make you a better player.To make you win.
If you don't win with your tools at your disposal,what good are you?

Always look at the big picture,ok,and stop being unnecessarily sentimental and trivial.

Merry Christmas
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by sleekdot(m): 1:22pm On Dec 26, 2008
Denilson is a better dribbler than them all with no end result
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Afam4eva(m): 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2008
Eastbay, you should'nt be here in the first place since the thread is talking about the best dribbler, check other threads you might find something like "who's a better player: Jay Jay or Ronaldinho".

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Dmajesty(m): 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2008
We are not talking about money made in football here or results achieved.
Neither do we talk about clubs oned played now or before.
We are talking about the act of bribbling here.
Pele of Brazil is not being remembered for money he made or club played but his control on the round leather game.

Dinho was a toddler in 1998 when pa Jay was smashing the denmark team in world cup 1998.
Even tough Nigger didnt go far, but Okocha became a legend in dibbling in that tournament.
You can never be a champion 4ever. For now Dinho has not dribbled one third of what Pa Jay has done for only in France 98.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by crudedude(m): 6:51pm On Dec 27, 2008
na who de bring up dis kind yan?, u urself no de believe okocha weight?its just dat his career dint go so well with the loadza talent he got with d ball compared to ronaldinho but Okocha definitely stands out, cheers
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Afam4eva(m): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2008
Jay Jay Okocha is the best dribbler that the world has ever seen, he's incomparable,that's why he was named twice.
Okocha idi egwu
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Jascobee: 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2008
u guys shd go to youtube.com and type both dinho and jayjay.u would be amazed that ronaldinho outclassed jayjay in all regards, pls dont be sentimental, ronaldinho is the best dribbler and player that has ever lived, uncommon skills
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Afam4eva(m): 10:30pm On Dec 28, 2008
It's true that if both players are checked on Utube, you'll find more results for Dinho, because he was world footballer of the year for two years, but that's not we're talking aout here, it's unfortunate there's nothing like best dribbler award, if not Okocha would have won the award till he retires.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 29, 2008
afam my guy,
Stop being sentimental.
Ronaldinho was a toddler in 98,but he went all the way in 2002,when okocha was crashing out.Ask Ashley Cole which step-over was the greatest of all time.

You cannot distance a player from his achievements.Just like you're trying to isolate dribbling as an art from soccer itself.

Better player=better dribbler.

PS:Your "he's-so-good-they-named-him-twice" is so tired and overused.We heard this when he was in Bolton.Can you keep the noise on that one down?
Thanks
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Afam4eva(m): 10:46am On Dec 29, 2008
Let the poll speak then.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by dayokanu(m): 11:07am On Dec 29, 2008
Even Denilson was a better dribbler than Okocha with a similar pattern " No end result"
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2008
So if someone is so good as a dribbler but has no end result,what do we say he is?Can that kind of player be termed "great"?

Sentimental Nigerians sef.

What kind of poll is it when most pollsters are even biased  before the poll begins?
If Jay-jay was so good,he'd have more posts on youtube.If that is your criteria.

But I say this again.
You can't separate dribbling from football.And football is about results,what you achieved in your career.
So if Jay-jay dribbled the ball so hard,he forgot there was a career to build,too bad for him.
Someone was saying Jay-jay became a legend at France 98.Rubbish talk.
Legends don't play for Hull City or Bolton.Legends play for the Big Clubs (Barca and Milan) and win big trophies (Champions League and World Cup).
And unless football has become Nollywood (with all sorts of Tejuosho market awards),We will never see that kind of award:Best Dribbler.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Jascobee: 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2008
Eastbay,pls save ur energy, You dont compare someone in mortuary with someone sleeping, RONALDINHO no dey Okocha level at all, I cant even remember if JAYJAY played in CL, If he was so exceptional,i still wonder why the big clubs like ARENAL,MAN UTD,POOL,CHELSEA,MILAN,BARCA,REAL MADRID,JUVE,INTER etc never signed him.He wa the most visionless player i have ever seen.Even KANU is better than him.
In all standards be it dribbling,scoring,passes etc DINHO no be any player's mate.Not now that he's lost form.RONALDINHO with his individual brilliance won world cup for BRAZIL,CL and league title for BARCA and world footballer of the year twice.Wetin JAYJAY win for naija?Unrecognised BBC award,
ABEG MAKE WE LEAVE STORY

Personally,i think he's the best player ever in the history of football.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 / Manchester City Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 16th August 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.