Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? (63670 Views)

Poll: And the better dribbler is:

J J Okocha: 69% (90 votes)
Ronaldinho: 30% (40 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is The Best Dribbler / The World Ever Best Dribbler Okocha, Ronaldinho Or Zidane / Barcelona & Real Madrid - Who Has The Better First Xi Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by dayokanu(m): 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2008
Jascobee,
I would fight you if you compare Jayjay to my namesake Kanu angry angry.

Kanu played for Ajax, Inter Milan, Arsenal, West brom, Portsmouth.  Kanu won Champions league, UEFA cup Premierships, FA cups

Okocha played for Frankfurt, Fenerbahce, PSG, Bolton and Hull city. I can't remember what Jay jay won anywhere.

Kanu was 6th in the FIFA world ranking in 1996. I can't remember Jay Jay ever making top 20 any year.

Kanu was African footballer of the year twice while Jay couldt win it half a time
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Jascobee: 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2008
@dayokanu,
ABEG NO VEX. grin, I wonder why pple go dey compare London cab driver with Lagos molue driver, KANU remains african most decorated player, WHERE IS JAYJAY?
A DEAD RONALDINHO AND KANU IS BETTER THAN LIVING JAYJAY.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Afam4eva(m): 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2008
Here we go again wit this achievement crap.I'm sure most of you if not all attended at least a secondary school to understand the topic of the thread.We all know Okocha did not score so many goals in his carreeer and he did'nt win laurels apart from the nations cup and Atlanta 96 gold.
Yes Ronaldinho is better than Okocha as an overall player, , but that's not what this thread wants to know. The thread says and i quote "Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better DRIBBLER? "

DRIBBLER DRIBBLER  DRIBBLER DRIBBLER  DRIBBLER DRIBBLER

It's an English word

So don't go there with that achievement crap

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Jascobee: 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2008
@afam4eva,
at least u are not less than 8yrs old.U shd have started watching football when Ronaldinho started his career.
Pls u shd not bring up this debate in another country where saner pple argue constructively, because of all players born of a woman,RONALDINHO is the best,be it dribbling or anything.
Go to youtube and u will see urself.Football is not about race,if u are good,u are good irrespective of ur colour.
If okocha were better than ronaldino in dribbling,he would have had more dribblingg posts on utube than DINHO.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 30, 2008
Afam,
Truth is,you fail WOEFULLY to see the big picture.
You CANNOT separate a player from his achievements.
Jay-jay dribbled himself to a point of forgeting about winning anything tangible at club level.Ronny dribbled so hard,he remembered he had titles to win.
Dribbling is a skill that shoul make you a winner.Anything else it does for you is useless.And since my guy jay-jay was so good they had2name him twice,he will only be remembered as an entertainer.Ronny will be a contender for greatest ever.
It's that simple.So whether DRIBBLE is a word in Mandingo or Twii,you will never be able to separate or isolate it from the result you got from using it.
Period
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Pepeye(f): 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2008
Jay-jay will give u a super duper show anyday!!!
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by aalani(m): 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2008
Jay Jay is a dribbler of all time. The skill was inherent and not learned. Okocha is great!
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Afam4eva(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2008
EastBay, you're the one who has refused to understand the topic of the thread. why do Nigerians just decide to fail, even when they are starring at the answer to the question.
I never said you could seperate a player from his achievements, but this thread does not say anything about achievements.
Dider Drogba has not won anything tangible, that does'nt take away the fact that he's one of the best strikers in the world. So same goes for Jay Jay Okocha.

WAIT SELF, DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT "DRIBBLING" MEANS?
let me define it for you.
I checked the oxford dictionary and it says that "(in sport) dribbling is when you take (the ball) forward with slight touches or  by continuous bouncing."

I DID'NT SEE ANYTHING LIKE ACHIEVEMENT THERE
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 31, 2008
Guy,
Maybe Jay-jay is your cousin or relative.
When you wake up from this your Jay-jay induced coma,then you'll see that the topic was not worth it.

How can you say Drogba hasn't won anything tangible?Come on!!!
Are you in that your coma?
Two Premiership titles and an FA Cup is not tangible?
Like your Jay-jay ever won a league title apart from Turkey with Ferneabahce?
Guy,talk like someone who at least uses the internet.Not like an is-ewu joint analyst.

I've told you before:DRIBBLING should make you a better player.Didn't that dictionary tell you it was a skill in football?
And if dribbling doesn't help you to win titles (a la Ronaldinho),then its USELESS.

But I guess you never see the big picture in anything,so it's useless trying to convince you.

Happy new year to you.
Open your mind,ok?
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Walexdinho(m): 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2008
If am 2 choose i prefer jay jay because if u look when jay jay is still j.J who is ronaldinho then. Eventhough when they are both in PSG when j.j is playing ronaldinho will always be at seat then.Is just that ronaldinho is skillful and jay jay knows how 2 dribble than him.J.J is the best.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Afam4eva(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2008
I said drogba has not achieved anything TANGIBLE, Premiership is not Tangible, not like the Champions League and definitely cannot be compared to winning the world cup.

And who says Jay Jay has not won anything:

1. The Turkish League
2. The Atlanta olympics
3. Helped a low team like bolton to become a force to be reckoned with in English Football.
4. BBC African Footballer of the year
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2008
Don't know why i'm arguing with you.
Afam you deserve the title of Isi-ewu analyst of 2008.If the Premier League title isn't tangible enough then you must be either drunk or stupid or both.Yet your Jay-jay played in that same league.
Why are you now getting into the argument of winning titles?
And your list of his 'titles' is a shambolic tattered one.
Turkish league:which great player boasts of that?
Atlanta:glorified u-23 tournament with no bearing on FIFA's rankings
Bolton,a force in the EPL:you must be smoking. Bolton never threatened a chamoions league spot.Is that your definition of a force?
BBC African Footballer of the year:
Why not the CAF equivalent?So all these are enough for a career for a person as talented as jay-jay?
You didn't even include CAN 94 title but because you're not open-minded,you forgot such a major title.

Walexdinho,
Check your facts.Ronaldinho confined jay-jay to PSG's bench when he arrived in 2001.Jay-jay eventualy had to leave for bolton because of lack of playing time.
Ronaldinho has a World Cup,A Champions League,two La-Liga titles(though afam will say it's not tangible),A Copa America title,Two FIFA world player of the year awards,A Ballon d'Or.
Compare with Afam's award list for his uncle Jay-jay.That's all his DRIBBLING could earn him.
Happy New Year to my sentimental folks
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by enroe(m): 3:24am On Jan 01, 2009
hello if i may ask pls how do u guys copy and paste on this thread i want to reply some people.tanx lol
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by enroe(m): 3:45am On Jan 01, 2009
Eastbay i lov ur last statement abeg,even let us forget about their laurels.pls teach me how to copy and paste pls i need to talk to some people who dare compare jayjay wit Ronny.how dare u.who is jayjay for christ sake.let me just ask them this simple question.if Jayjay were to be a cameroonian would you dare compare him wit Ronny?see, b4 u can see anyother player that dribbles like Ronny omo u go waka, lol
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Jascobee: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2009
@enroe,
why u dey mind these parochial pple.i wonder if they had TVs in their homes when RONALDINHO was in form.How dare u compare JAYJAY with RONNIE in anything.whether na dribbling,scoring,or free kicks,RONNIE PASS JAYJAY as my PAPA take pass me.

I believe the likes of AFAM4EVER only had access to RADIO COMMENTARIES those days that RONNIE dey in form.If not,u wouldn't dare compare a mediocre with an achiever.
Person wey dey sleep and person wey dey mortuary na the same thing.
I stand to be corrected sef,even ZIDANE,MARADONA,MESSI,PELE etc no fit get liver say dem reach RONNIE.No be now wey the guy don lose form,TO ME,HE REMAINS THE BEST FOOTBALLER OF ALL TIME.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by shikadance(m): 7:22pm On Jan 01, 2009
Okocha was better in dribbling only. Ronaldo was jst a better scorer so he won accolades.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Jascobee: 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2009
@shikadance
we r talking about the GREAT RONALDINHO, and not RONALDO.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by kayality: 6:48am On Jan 03, 2009
Nobody bring something from heaven we all learning it in this earth, Ron siting down okocha playing in PSG does not mean anything, they are asking which one is better , Never ever compare Roh wit Okocha Roh is everything more than okocha let say the true u can compare two together
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by enroe(m): 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2009
Shikadance Okocha was,is and will never be a better dribbler than Ronaldinho.ah wat are u talking about?it seems u guys only limit urselves to wat u are shown on NTA and dont go further.even if Okocha benched Ronnie in PSG that was when Ronnie was still a young player and Jayjay was more experienced abeg.please try face fact abeg.jayjay is Good fine but dont EVER compare him wit likes of RONNIE ah u av gone too far.pls try someone like Kanu against Jayjay next time, then we can argue, lol
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 04, 2009
jascobee
well-said.Happy New Year to you joh!

People like shikadance na NTA be their source.Let's pray people like them get lifted to AIT in 2009.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Jascobee: 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2009
@eastbay,
CARRY GO JARE MY BROTHER, MAY GOD CRUSH ALL UR ENEMIES THAT SAY U WILL NOT SUCCEED AS RONALDINHO CRUSHED DEFENDERS grin
HAPI NIU YIA,
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by bobbyL(m): 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2009
Hello guys, comparing jay jay and ronnie is just like this
Both playas are naturally talented i.e dribbling don dey dia body from birth.
Jayjay is naturally more talented than ronnie his talent was not maximized
Ronnie on his own part continued to train hard to get better and he deservedly got better
There is no shortcut to success whether it be business,academics,music or football(dribbling)
The question is who "is" and not who "was" the better dribbler"?
Jay jay was, Ronaldinho is and will always remain the better dribbler.

maybe it should have been Jay jay Vs Quaresma. cool wink cool grin
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by ow11(m): 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2009
JJ the typical Nigerian . . . All effort but no result! Busy doing nothing. Abeg Ronaldinho wins by a mile and half! grin
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by 2drama: 10:35am On Jan 05, 2009
Both JJ & Ronnie are great dribblers ask any soccer fan

the problem many are quick to chose Ronnie is because he won a WC with Brazil

JJ won an Olympic medal in 1996  and nations cup in 1994
the problem is that the younger generation (1987 to now)  did not get to see Okocha play in his youth  only watch his hight reels  show an older  version of okocha

i wish i had videos of JJ when he was 18 men the guy was a beast Ronnie has nothing on Oga when it comes to the art of drinking garri

JJ Okocha i love you pass Maradona  grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vU6UTsr2I8
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by dani1luv: 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2009
i go 4 Jay Jay
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Dmajesty(m): 7:31pm On Jan 05, 2009
honestly speaking, i cnt understand the kind of topic people who have never being to a stadium want to create in this thread.

we are talking about d-r-i-b-b-l-i-n-g alone. Some people who are too jealous and envious of Jay Jay because he is a nigerian like them are busy talking about playing in Barca, Millian etc or winning awards and all sort of rubbish like that.

Please let me ask you if you can be truthful to yourself for ones. When ever the name Okocha is being mentioned in soccer, what comes to your mind?? is it not dribbling? you are keeping quite. Answer nownnn.

Dinho is being rem for world best footballer not for dribbling. If dribbling is the only thing Okocha can do, its okey for us. please dont bewitch him for christ sake. You didnt buy boot for him, so leave him alone for he is the best dribbler.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by dayokanu(m): 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2009
Even iranians would argue Ali Daei is better than Zidane

Saudi would argue that Saheed Owairan is better than maradona

Sierra leonean would argue kallon is better than Ronaldo Lima.

Jay jay ko, Kay kay ni Is he even better than Saheed Owairan, Japhet Ndoram, kalusha Bwalya, or even Tarik Sektioiu.

The topic should be Okocha vs Quaresma
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 05, 2009
Dmajesty,
What a load of rubbish!
Why are you talking like a dimwit?By God,it's 2009,the first decade of the new millenium is almost done and you're yarning harmattan dust.

If he was soo good,in dribbling,so much so he could dribble 11 players like one he-goat said,then he should be the world's best by now.

Agidi-jollof head,you can't separate a skill from an art.
Dribbling is NOT mutually exclusive from footie.
The great ones leave their mark:trophies.
If Jay-jay was so much an entertainer,then he should be in Nollywood or Nigezie,not soccer.

When jay-jay is mentioned,I weep with pity at a player with so much talent with almost nothing to show for it.

It's because of mediocres and sychophants like you that our own can never reach world standard.They hit it once with one sensational performance,and they have arrived.Nothing more to achieve,and the hullabaloo pressmen start chorusing their praises to high heavens.

2drama wah oh.Where were you when he was 18?Stop talking nonsense.Just because this is a free thread doesn't give room for misyarning.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Jascobee: 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2009
@eastbay,
PLS I DONT EXPECT U TO STILL BE AWAKE THIS TIME ANSWERING THESE BUNCH OF MEDIOCRES, I wonder how a right thinking person will be comparing MANDELA with OBASANJO,

In the hallfame of football,Nobody will ever mention JAYJAY, while RONNIE will always be remembered,Not because of his achievements alone but just because HE IS A WORLD CLASS PLAYER.

Ppple are jjust being sentimentally patriotic by choosing OKOCHA. Even MESSI can conveniently dribble a whole football pitch with his speed and aaccuracy, How many times has JAYJAY done thaat?We know he's exceptionally talented when it comes to ball joggling and dribbling but I BEG,Some pple pass am no be small.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 06, 2009
Jasco my man,
Someone has to put the record straight with these people.
If it's me,so be it.
Some people want to be silly.

It's just like in a maths class;someone is saying he is the best in trigonometry.Another is saying he has the best results in mathematics of all the students.
Which one will you choose?And who will pay any attention to the one who is best in trigonometry alone?

Me sef, I realise I'm being quite stupid continuing this debate.Thank you for admonishing me.It was just that I was idle and had nothing to do.
I know you did it as my guy.
Thanks mon.
So how's the new year so far?
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Jascobee: 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2009
@eastbay bobo,

grin U no go kill me oo.U know i was very good in simultaneous equation in SS1 but i had p8 in maths.I just realised now that me and JAYJAY had the same problem. grin cheesy

Oh boy,we still dey jollyjolly the year ooo.i just came back from dubai with my wife .wished i saw RONNIE there,he for at leat teach my small baby how to dribble grin
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? by Afam4eva(m): 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2009
Dmajesty:

honestly speaking, i cnt understand the kind of topic people who have never being to a stadium want to create in this thread.

we are talking about d-r-i-b-b-l-i-n-g alone. Some people who are too jealous and envious of Jay Jay because he is a nigerian like them are busy talking about playing in Barca, Millian etc or winning awards and all sort of rubbish like that.

Please let me ask you if you can be truthful to yourself for ones. When ever the name Okocha is being mentioned in soccer, what comes to your mind?? is it not dribbling? you are keeping quite. Answer nownnn.

I don't know why people like Eastbay have decided to be dumb or should i say illiterate about the Topic of the post.It talks about strictly D-R-I-B-B-L-I-N-G, people like you make sense when you're not talking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 / Manchester City Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Manchester United Fan Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.