Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App (893 Views)

MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv / Hurray, MTN Giving Free 1gb On Betterme Promo / MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by lalasticlala(m): 10:53am On Jan 15, 2015
MTN, last week in Lagos, unveiled its New Year plan to digitally empower Nigerians with a new mobile application solution called BetterMe App.
Launched on January 1, 2015, the campaign seeks to expose Nigerians from all walks of life to how they can use the internet to educate and empower themselves, without seeking assistance from anybody and without even going to school to acquire such knowledge.

Announcing the campaign, the General Manager, Corporate Affairs of MTN, Funmi Onajide said there are lots of business opportunities on the internet, which Nigerians are not aware of, which the BetterMe App campaign seeks to expose Nigerians to and make them more informed citizens that can turn online opportunities into wealth.

“Tagged 'My 2015 App,' the campaign is capable of changing the lives of Nigerians and make them independent and comfortable in life, by simply subscribing to a special code that will pop up links to worldwide opportunities on the internet, be it religion, education, business, sports, food recipes, resolutions, news, among others,” Onajide said.

Addressing the issue of early data bundle depletion, Onajide said BetterMe App is a data-based solution that requires data bundle to enable people stay on top of the money spinning game, but advised subscribers to always checkout for the various applications that are running on their smartphones and deactivate the ones that are not in need, in order to preserve their data bundles and stay longer on the internet, while browsing opportunities on the BetterMe App.

Speaking on the strategies of BetterMe App campaign, the Chief Marketing Officer of MTN, Mr. Bayo Adekanmbi said majority of Nigerians do not know how to use the internet and that very many of those that can use the internet, do not know about the vast opportunities of the internet.

According to him, most people only use it for Facebook and other social media activities. He called on Nigerians to simply text 2015 to 131, with their smartphones and follow the links that will take them to the world of opportunities.
He explained that Nigerians could subscribe to either the monthly or weekly subscription plans and get started immediately. He said the application is currently running on Blackberry and on all Android and iOS operating systems of smartphones.

The solution comes with over 15,000 local content applications, that will address the needs and interests of all Nigerians.

Adekanmbi therefore, challenged local software application developers to see the campaign as a money spinning business to develop local contents that will address the needs of Nigerians that could be uploaded on the application.

“The solution comes with lots of local contents that are available for download from the internet, and subscribers will have the opportunity to be receiving reminders as desired, Adekanmbi said.

Explaining how to get the app, Adekanmbi said customers can download
the app free by sending the keyword, 2015 to 131 via SMS. An SMS
containing the link for download is then sent, which the customer
clicks to download the app and takes the customer to the homepage
where an area of interest is selected.

CEO, NEO2 Limited, Mr. Fola Akinmolayan said the MTN App solution would provide Nigerians with limitless access to the internet and the power to do more in 2015, and would help them to become better farmers, doctors, teachers, traders, students, among others. He added that mouth-watering bundle packages with various offerings such as free data, voice and sms offerings have been included in the app to make it more appealing for subscribers.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/mtn-to-empower-nigerians-with-betterme-app/198939/
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by AutosBay(m): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2015
Cool, but I hope the application size is not Large, all these telecom companies know how to stylishly collect their money back.
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by 2SWT(f): 11:02am On Jan 15, 2015
Sounds great
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by Lagusta(m): 11:12am On Jan 15, 2015
Let me come and go and download it!!!! smiley wink
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by PerfumeRepublik: 11:12am On Jan 15, 2015
Empower ke? Cheaper Data plans Will do that "Empowering" better
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by Tolexander: 11:17am On Jan 15, 2015
MTN, last week in Lagos, unveiled its New Year
plan to digitally empower Nigerians with a new
mobile application solution called BetterMe
App.
Launched on January 1, 2015, the campaign
seeks to expose Nigerians from all walks of life
to how they can use the internet to educate
and empower themselves, without seeking
assistance from anybody and without even
going to school to acquire such knowledge.
who needs their application for empowerment?

There are many applications that can do that in stores but the limiting factors are the
Limited data plan due to the high cost,
High call tariff and
Poor network/service provision.

If those three can be worked on by MTN, nobody will need that application for empowerment.
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by Randerl: 11:21am On Jan 15, 2015
Ok. Hope na Data Empowerment

@OP, welcome to Phone Section
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by ThatNova(m): 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
Anoda story
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by Jaymima(f): 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2015
I pray o! i fast join am!
make my hand bend if I 'simply' text anything to any electronically generated mtn number.
I dey my own jejely they dey bamboozle my life with inconsequential messages robbing me of my peace of mind talk more of if i come make the mistake send them text. i hiss in paua.
Bia, empty hen take your time.
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by elguaje(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by elguaje(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by dinklage(m): 2:19pm On Jan 15, 2015
the kind agbo wey this OP de do follow thread wey de hit front page anyhow makes me wonder who be the babalawo wey prepare am.

I expect the thread to hit front page within the next few hours.
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by englishmart(m): 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
those scammers called MTN
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by englishmart(m): 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
dinklage:
the kind agbo wey this OP de do follow thread wey de hit front page anyhow makes me wonder who be the babalawo wey prepare am.

I expect the thread to hit front page within the next few hours.
small boy naim you be..
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by dinklage(m): 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
englishmart:
small boy naim you be..
maybe yes, maybe no. but what's certain here is that you have a problem that needs urgent solution. finding the suitable solution is what i expect you to work on.
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by englishmart(m): 7:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
dinklage:

maybe yes, maybe no. but what's certain here is that you have a problem that needs urgent solution. finding the suitable solution is what i expect you to work on.
I laugh
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by dinklage(m): 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
englishmart:
I laugh
you should.
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by aliyug79: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
BUY MTN SHARED DATA BUNDLE @ CHEAPER RATE:
1GB ----1300 NAIIRA
2GB-----2500 NAIRA
3GB-----3700 NAIRA
4GB------4800 NAIRA
Call O8O-536-357-68 & O81-432-855-27
Re: MTN To Empower Nigerians With Betterme App by Femi2Ranking(m): 7:41pm On Jan 15, 2015
cheap data is all we ask for... na lalasticlala e go make front page

(1) (Reply)

Very Good Play Station Portable (psp) For Sale,very Cheap Price / How To Wipe Uids On System For My Phone... / Can I Buy Lenovo Vibe P1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.