Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made (2038 Views)

4 Breakfast Mistakes You Might Be Making - Health.com / Mistakes Guys Make While Cooking / Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by Danycrusoe(m): 5:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
Let me start from here: i am from ijebu remo, and back home we never pound yam or eat pounded yam unless my dad takes me to those eateries where it is available which is even once or thrice in a year at most not that we cant afford it tho, i cant even prepare the poundo yam.

Fast forward to today, i am in osogbo, state of osun with my uncle and believe you me here they eat pounded yam at least once in two weeks and it is pounded by d wife.
recently she started calling me to join in pounding the yam after it is cooked, and gradually i started getting it tho its hard.
So yesterday she asked me cook yam in d evening and she never told me its for pounded yam tho i sensed it. unfortunately i added salt while cooking the yam which i didnt know that its wrong (or fortunately cuz to me d pounded yam was delicious with d salt).
when we started pounding she praised me for how fast i av learnt to pound yam, den she tasted a lump of it we were almost through, AlAS she shouted at me dat why did i put salt in d yam and dat i av spoilt d food? i told her that i tot dere was always salt in pounded yam since i avnt done it before, we ate it that way, i and my uncle enjoyed it buh she didnt.
So guys sorry dat my story is too much o, but share ur FUNNY FOOD PREPARATION MISTAKES
Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by ambassadorgozie(m): 5:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
Sorry I don't know.. Neva cuk before
Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by LadyH(f): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
When I was still learning how to cook, I put curry powder in Egusi soup. undecided
Well... I always thought the yellow colour of the Egusi was enhanced by curry. grin

2 Likes

Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by Danycrusoe(m): 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2015
LadyH:
When I was still learning how to cook, I put curry powder in Egusi soup. undecided
Well... I always thought the yellow colour of the Egusi was enhanced by curry. grin
put curry in whaaa......... lol grin grin grin grin, so ow will it taste
Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by dajoaneke(m): 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
LadyH:

I've done that a million times oo. I'm a man though its excuseable lol
Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by LadyH(f): 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
Danycrusoe:

put curry in whaaa......... lol grin grin grin grin, so ow will it taste
lol. I rily don't think it tasted all that horrible.
Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by LadyH(f): 8:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
dajoaneke:

Well now u know berra. Pls save ur curry

1 Like

Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by veave(f): 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
A friends fiancee used sugar to make porridge yam.
Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by aariwa(m): 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2015
Danycrusoe:
Let me start from here: i am from ijebu remo, and back home we never pound yam or eat pounded yam unless my dad takes me to those eateries where it is available which is even once or thrice in a year at most not that we cant afford it tho, i cant even prepare the poundo yam.

Fast forward to today, i am in osogbo, state of osun with my uncle and believe you me here they eat pounded yam at least once in two weeks and it is pounded by d wife.
recently she started calling me to join in pounding the yam after it is cooked, and gradually i started getting it tho its hard.
So yesterday she asked me cook yam in d evening and she never told me its for pounded yam tho i sensed it. unfortunately i added salt while cooking the yam which i didnt know that its wrong (or fortunately cuz to me d pounded yam was delicious with d salt).
when we started pounding she praised me for how fast i av learnt to pound yam, den she tasted a lump of it we were almost through, AlAS she shouted at me dat why did i put salt in d yam and dat i av spoilt d food? i told her that i tot dere was always salt in pounded yam since i avnt done it before, we ate it that way, i and my uncle enjoyed it buh she didnt.
So guys sorry dat my story is too much o, but share ur FUNNY FOOD PREPARATION MISTAKES
Maybe she is hypertensive .Such people avoid salt a lot
Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by Danycrusoe(m): 10:10am On Jan 17, 2015
veave:
A friends fiancee used sugar to make porridge yam.

its sumow cuz naturally sum use sugar to cook yam, so dat may b d motive behind putting sugar into the porridge
Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by Danycrusoe(m): 10:12am On Jan 17, 2015
aariwa:
Maybe she is hypertensive .Such people avoid salt a lot
i dnt know weda she is hypertensive buh she does complain alot even over minor issues
Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by oluyemisee(f): 11:35am On Jan 21, 2015
Mine was cooking ogbono soup.every thing was going well until I covered the soup so dat it will cook well.I never knew dat pple don't cover ogbono soup wen preparing it.come see how draw soup turn water
Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by SAMBARRY: 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2015
dajoaneke:

its ok to put curry joor.d only purpose of curry is to make food smell great.even if e no sweet the curry will help hype the smell of the food till you taste it.curry no dey do anything for food other than smell

1 Like

Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by SAMBARRY: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
oluyemisee:
Mine was cooking ogbono soup.every thing was going well until I covered the soup so dat it will cook well.I never knew dat pple don't cover ogbono soup wen preparing it.come see how draw soup turn water
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

mine was slicing onions inside ogbono to impress my sister inlaw since she was ibo cheesy you wan try as the onions dey stand one by one for inside ogbono.my brothers wife was like "shewa ewoleleyi" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Food Mistakes You Have Made by veave(f): 11:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

mine was slicing onions inside ogbono to impress my sister inlaw since she was ibo cheesy you wan try as the onions dey stand one by one for inside ogbono.my brothers wife was like "shewa ewoleleyi" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

chai!
rotfl grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help, I Need A Birthday Cake / Garden Egg Sauce (stew) / Yoruba Foods On Extinction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.