Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 (1699 Views)

Who Can Tell Us The Name Of This Car? / Step By Step Guide On How I Fixed Audi A4 2002 Gear Problem / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 10:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hello house, i just got an audi a4 2001/2002 1.8L model but im trying to figure out some things with the engine as i am not too sure what canister this is.. i am thinking maybe its the power steering fluid or auto gearbox fluid..if it is the power steering fluid, where is the gearbox fluid canister or are they the same thing?

One more thing please, i would like to know the appropriate fluid specification im supposed to use for
1. Engine
2. Power steering
3. Gearbox.
4. Coolant

Please forgive my ignorance, ive used a manual gear almost all my life...

Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by abatically(m): 2:06am On Jan 16, 2015
Power steering reservoir.
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 11:39am On Jan 16, 2015
abatically:
Power steering reservoir.

Thanks abatically, but what about the auto transmission oil canister? Where is that?
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
redcliff:
Thanks abatically, but what about the auto transmission oil canister? Where is that?

There isn't one.
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
Siena:

There isn't one.

Pardon my ignorance cheesy, then how does the auto transmission get lubricated from friction?
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
redcliff:
Pardon my ignorance cheesy, then how does the auto transmission get lubricated from friction?

By an internal oil pump. Oil is held in the oil pan.

Your engine is lubricated by oil, but you don't pour oil into a remote canister, do you?
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
Siena:

By an internal oil pump. Oil is held in the oil pan.

Your engine is lubricated by oil, but you don't pour oil into a remote canister, do you?

Then i am asking if the oil needs to be changed and if it can be checked... i dont want to make the same mistake i made when i had my vw where i did not know there was an oil for the manual gearbox and i was using it like that until someone told me and also my brake fuild canister was empty and i was also using it like that and it damaged my brake system..
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by abatically(m): 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
redcliff:

Sorry bro, ur car has one of those Audi sealed transmission system. There is no dipstick to check ur tranny oil level. Audi claims the oil inside will last for the entire life of the car, but it or adviced to change after about 100,000 miles.
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
abatically:

Sorry bro, ur car has one of those Audi sealed transmission system. There is no dipstick to check ur tranny oil level. Audi claims the oil inside will last for the entire life of the car, but it or adviced to change after about 100,000 miles.

Okay that makes sense now...is there any specific kind of oil that's needed in case I might consider it in the future...
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by skyfall: 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
Redcliff

You need to lay hands on the owner's manual of your car. Someone like Siena may be able to help you if you provide the exact model and year. I think i have a link where i can help you check. You need to have a reference material to help you take good care of this apparently nice car.
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 7:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
skyfall:
Redcliff

You need to lay handson the owner's manual of your car. Someone like Siena may be able to help you if you provide the exact model and year. I think i have a link where i can help you check. You need to have a reference material to help you take good care of this apparently nice car.

I have the manual..i bought it for my mother i wont be the one using it..but i just want to know these things then i tell her what to do to keep it good..dasall.
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by skyfall: 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
redcliff:

I have the manual..i bought it for my mother i wont be the one using it..but i just want to know these things then i tell her what to do to keep it good..dasall.

You don't have a problem then. Just take your time and read it. Everything you need to know as an end-user is there.
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 2:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
skyfall:

You don't have a problem then. Just take your time and read it. Everything you need to know as an end-user is there.

Apparently the manual is not in english and the car is not within my reach anymore but i need to give the user the clear guide on the right things to do as regarding maintenance.. so you have an idea of the right power steering oil specification for the car?
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
abatically:

Hello abatically, do you know the right power steering fluid speicification i should use for this car? The manual is not within mt reach at the moment and its not in english also...
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
redcliff:
Hello abatically, do you know the right power steering fluid speicification i should use for this car? The manual is not within mt reach at the moment and its not in english also...

Audi: G004 fluid.
Non-Audi: CHF-11S.

Nothing else will do, there is no substitute.
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 3:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
Siena:

Thanks alot.. finally what's the engine oil specification?
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
redcliff:

Thanks alot.. finally what's the engine oil specification?

For the 1.8T, 5W-30. This is extremely with Audi's turbocharged 4, the 1.8T is very sensitive to oil grade, and sludge-prone. Even topping up with mineral oil could spell death for your engine.
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2015
Siena:

is It possible you could help me with getting the bolded and ship to naija for me? can you send me an email of the cost?
r e d c l i f f 0 1 6 at yahoo . ca. Or if you know a good outlet where I can get it in Nigeria, it would be great also..

Regards.
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
redcliff:

is It possible you could help me with getting the bolded and ship to naija for me? can you send me an email of the cost?
r e d c l i f f 0 1 6 at yahoo . ca. Or if you know a good outlet where I can get it in Nigeria, it would be great also..

Regards.

No worries, I'll send you an email once I get home.
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 8:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
Siena:

smiley
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by redcliff: 6:22am On Feb 28, 2015
Siena:

Stiĺ waiting to hear from you.
Re: Who Can Tell Me What Fluid Canister This Is For Audi A4 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
redcliff:
Still waiting to hear from you.

You have email.

(1) (Reply)

Benz - G Wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser / Autel Maxidas DS708 Car Scanner Review / Cleanly Used Golf 3 For Sale in Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.