Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

The Importance Of Self Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Importance Of Self Education (638 Views)

History And Importance Of English Language In Nigeria / The Importance Of Values And Morals / The Importance Of Autocad As An Engineering Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Self Education by Philosopher1979: 11:52am On Jan 16, 2015
I think we Nigerians should embrace self education or what is called auto-didactism. We should focus on making research ourself and not depend on the rigid educational structure.
A person that learns by himself can actually contribute more to knowledge and society than a professor
For example, as a student, you can invent a solar generator and write a novel in a year.
The innate inteligence and potential of a person is more important than credentials, "first class" or "formal education"

The problem with us Nigerians is that we beleive too much in formal education and we stop reading when we leave school.
I on my own actually discover a lot of things i was not really taught in school.
We Nigerians need to have our own reinasance where we seek for knowledge on our own and improve our environment with it.
Thomas Edison only had 3 months of formal education and yet he patented 1000 inventions including the light bulb.
Formal Educational qualifications is not the end of the world.
You can learn everywhere and you do not have to go to school to get knowledge

(1) (Reply)

NECO Releases 2014 Nov/dec GCE Results / Help Needed!!! Physics Assignment / Why Do Students Always Write Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.