Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Court Dissolves 10-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Stealing Habit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 10-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Stealing Habit (607 Views)

Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dissolves 10-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Stealing Habit by dre11(m): 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
An Ikorodu Customary Court in Lagos on Friday dissolved a 10-year-old marriage over wife’s penchant for stealing.
The plaintiff, Mr Olawale Akanji, who resides at Akinwale St.,Igbogbo,Ikorodu, had filed an application seeking to divorce his wife, Afusat, over her stealing habit, disobedience and adultery.
In the application filed at the court in October 2014, Akanji, a carpenter, said he could no longer tolerate his wife in the house any longer.
Akanji, 34, said the latest incident, which informed his decision to seek divorce was the pregnancy his wife was carrying which he suspected did not belong to him.
The complainant, who also alleged that Afusat, 33, was constantly stealing his money from his wardrobe, urged the court to dissolve the marriage.
The respondent, who is a hairdresser, denied all allegations against her.
“I don’t steal my husband’s money, even though he is very tight fisted.
“He gives us N300 feeding allowance daily and I will be the one to feed his old-aged mother and father that lived with us.
“I usually fetch water for sale, that’s where I get money to feed the family.
“He was always thinking that I am stealing his money or I have been engaging in extra- marital affairs, please help me save my marriage,’’ she said.
Delivering her judgment, the President of the Court, Mr Olu Adebiyi, said he was convinced that the couple could no longer live together as the petitioner insisted on divorce after several interventions.
Adebiyi ordered the parties to go their separate ways. He also ruled that the petitioner should enroll the defendant in ante-natal clinic.
“The paternity of the pregnancy cannot be established now until a DNA test proves its ownership after delivery”.
He further directed that Akanji should pay accommodation fees to the woman and also be responsible for the schooling, feeding and medical allowances of their two children.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/court-dissolves-10-year-old-marriage-wifes-stealing-habit/
Re: Court Dissolves 10-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Stealing Habit by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
Nawa
Re: Court Dissolves 10-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Stealing Habit by teemanbastos(m): 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
What GOD has joined together, let no man put asunder.
Man disobeying God sinz d beqinninq
Re: Court Dissolves 10-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Stealing Habit by SAMBARRY: 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
Like husband like wife grin
cunny man die cunny woman Bury am
stingy husband marry light fingers cheesy
Re: Court Dissolves 10-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Stealing Habit by dre11(m): 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Like husband like wife grin
cunny man die cunny woman Bury am
stingy husband marry light fingers cheesy

The stinginess get A+ grade

Using just 300 naira to feed the whole family and aged parents

Which kind husband the man be self

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves 10-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Stealing Habit by dre11(m): 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2015
The plaintiff, Mr Olawale Akanji, who resides at Akinwale St.,Igbogbo,Ikorodu, had filed an application seeking to divorce his wife, Afusat, over her stealing habit, disobedience and adultery.

Is it that possible for a woman to have attached this atrocities without the man not knowing in courtship if truly what he says about is wife is true

Or
Just an opportunity to divorce her because he had seen a better person to his eyes
# thinking

(1) (Reply)

World’s Oldest Person Celebrates 117th Birthday In Japan / Convicted Child Molester Begs Judge To Allow Him To Go And Procreate / A Lesson For Every Son, And A Hope For A Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.