Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

10 Things That Got Obsolete In The Last Decade - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Things That Got Obsolete In The Last Decade (911 Views)

10 Technology That May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / 10 Things About The Atmosphere That You Don't Know / Unbelievable Pictures Of Robots Humans Will Be Having Sex With By Next Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things That Got Obsolete In The Last Decade by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
1. Photographic film
many of us surely know the popular photographic film where a red turns green and green turns red. With the advent of mobile phones and digital camera, it has been a goodbye for the photographic film.

2.Movie rental stores.
This is gradually becoming obselete due to wide usage of the internet. Every Tom, Dick and Harry can afford to download their movie or preferably buy video CDs(18-in-1) for just 100bucks. Thanks to Alaba boys.

3. Maps
No more getting lost on those epic road trips... just punch in your destination into your GPS or smartphone and you're good to go. Thanks to google map.

4. Newspaper
I will say this one is very strong due to it's slow pace to becoming obsolete. But still, we can't compare the newspaper market currently to how it was about a decade ago. We all know the cause.

5. Public pay phones.
It's like ages i saw a public pay phone. Don't really know about you though.

6. Dictionary
Can you remember the last time you made use of a hardcopy dictionary?

7. Floppy disk
This decade, we said hello to external hard drives and tiny thumb drives.I remember floppy disk was in vogue back then in 2006 during my 1st year in the university. i guess most of us used this. For me in particular, I used it until USB flash later came up and bobos were hanging it round their neck like gold medals

8. Buttons
Soon, we'll be saying goodbye to buttons. Welcome to the world of touchscreen.

9. Losing touch
Social networks have practically erased the possibility of ever losing touch with anyone.

The downside: you can no longer use that as an excuse for never speaking to your creepy first-year roommate again.

10. Papers
Probably the biggest casualty of the decade. With most communication now conducted online, magazines and newspapers crumbling, and e-readers increasing in popularity, paper is now on serious life support some will say. On the other hand, i will say:

If you think technology will completely replace paper, Then be prepared to wipe your azz with an ipad

_________
Add Yours

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Got Obsolete In The Last Decade by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
Even the touch screen will soon be obsolete grin
Re: 10 Things That Got Obsolete In The Last Decade by ucheheart(m): 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
Soon there will be no more phones. Chips will be connected to our brains and we will communicate thru brain waves also known as telepathy. Get ready to die of brain shock.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Got Obsolete In The Last Decade by dechandel(f): 10:37am On Jan 17, 2015
Gone were the days when Vanguard and Daily sun newspaper decorated a corner in our living room all thanks to my Dad

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Got Obsolete In The Last Decade by ronald4lif(m): 10:41am On Jan 17, 2015
dechandel:
Gone were the days when Vanguard and Daily sun newspaper decorated a corner in our living room all thanks to my Dad

Daddy's girl wink

Tata nwa tongue
Re: 10 Things That Got Obsolete In The Last Decade by kemiola89(f): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
ucheheart:
Soon there will be no more phones. Chips will be connected to our brains and we will communicate thru brain waves also known as telepathy. Get ready to die of brain shock.
So true! undecided

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Got Obsolete In The Last Decade by sankky: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
Right on track OP

Re: 10 Things That Got Obsolete In The Last Decade by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
11. GEJ

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Latest Cheat... It Works Like Madt..... Dnt Doubt This.. / What You May Not Know About Paylater App / Check Out This Snake Pepper Soup. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.