Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 (6347 Views)

Need A Rav4 (nigerian Or Toks) 1999~2003 , Ready Serious Buyer. / Please How Much Does It Cost To Change The Bumper Of A Highlander? / Between Toyota Highlander And Toyota Venza(both 2010 Models) Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by ebner70(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
pls i need car gurus to help me out, want to upgrade and need a SUV which is easy and pocket friendly and flies like a dove, tell me pros and cons between a toyota highlander and a Rav4, expecting your comments thanks
Re: Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
Neither of your chosen SUV's will fly like a dove. They're pretty sluggish.

However, if I had to pick one, based upon gas mileage and ease of repairs, I would go with the RAV-4.

2 Likes

Re: Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by pipolad(m): 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
I'll go for the highlander not because I use one but the ride is just so loyal...gas mileage is pretty cool for a V6 4wd. I've also driven an ' 08 rav 4 and I cant really spot the difference in performance tho.

Meanwhile I prefer the rav 4 interior.

2 Likes

Re: Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by Kashif(m): 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
A V6 Rav4 has a 0-100 of 6.2 seconds with its 269hp engine, and I think its pretty quick. It is faster than the Highlander. It has better economy too.

It leaps like a bat from hell!

2 Likes

Re: Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by starlingbawa(m): 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
I have driven both SUVs from Warri to Abuja and back. So trust me when I say I'd settle for the Highlander without giving it a second thought!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by cecegorz(m): 5:45am On Jan 20, 2015
Hehehee @ fly like a dove.
I'll give my recent experience with my new 'Lander as I've not pedaled RAV4 over a long stretch.
I did Lagos to the Eastside (about 360miles distance) recently and it was such a smooth experience.
I was surprised at a time along the newly built Ore-Benin smooth dual carriage way when I looked at my speedo and saw the needle was at 160km/hr yet the ride was just gliding like a Superjet.

I'm a no speed freak, buy I must confess that on both to n fro journey, not a single ride overtook me, there was this Siena that tried so hard, always closing up on on bad roads, but once the road smoothens up, I leave him chasing dust.
Another one was a Corolla sport, I just noticed the guy was putting his car under too much stress trying to catch up while I was hust rolling like a Boss.

Dude, just go for a Clean Highlander, thank me later.

5 Likes

Re: Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by Kashif(m): 6:27am On Jan 20, 2015
cecegorz:
I'll give my recent experience with my new 'Lander as I've not pedaled RAV4 over a long stretch.
I did Lagos to the Eastside (about 360miles distance) recently and it was such a smooth experience.
I was surprised at a time along the newly built Ore-Benin smooth dual carriage way when I looked at my speedo and saw the needle was at 160km/hr yet the ride was just gliding like a Superjet.

I'm a no speed freak, buy I must confess that on both to n fro journey, not a single ride overtook me, there was this Siena that tried so hard, always closing up on on bad roads, but once the road smoothens up, I leave him chasing dust.
Another one was a Corolla sport, I just noticed the guy was putting his car under too much stress trying to catch up while I was hust rolling like a Boss.

What year is your Highlander? If it is 2007 or earlier, it is no match for a 2006-2012 Rav4 V6. Even if its 2008 or later, Those Ravs are faster because they havehave lighter bodies. It is a 269hp vs 215hp, or lower, depending on the year. The pikin wet say him papa barn na the biggest never see another one.

Talking about 160mph, any sound car with 200mph on its speedo can do that. We are talking of acceleration.

1 Like

Re: Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 20, 2015
ebner70:
pls i need car gurus to help me out, want to upgrade and need a SUV which is easy and pocket friendly and flies like a dove, tell me pros and cons between a toyota highlander and a Rav4, expecting your comments thanks

If speed and economy is your criteria for purchasing SUVs/CUVs, pls stay away or else you'll be severely bitten.

I do SUVs because I had an almost untamed desire to engage in over speeding and dangerous driving. The SUVs helped me defeat that urge because of their soft bouncy springs, heights, and tendency to body lean during very hard corners. My SUV crave paid off because from time to time I get to receive consignments, big and heavy cargoes which won't fit into a sedan. All I need do is flatten the rear seats and viola! Most cargoes fits inside. Do I need to tell you within Abuja and environs, I take my CUVs for site work and I see far down the road, their soft spring rates glides thru most road imperfections and the added benefit of a higher ground clearance compared to small cars.

Primarily, SUVs and CUVs aint for speed, drifts and those stunts. They are utility work tools.

On the whole, suvs, cuvs and wagons aren't in any way pocket friendly except when you use them for the purpose of mild to serious utility work.

I do a highlander 2.4L awd and its not too fast off the line, but when I'm in the mood, all I need to do is raise the RPM to 3400 and get my torque maxed out this will take me all the way to 180km/hr @ 4600rpm if I wish to untame the maximum torque and horses in its engine which I don't need most times.

Finally, the choice is yours. If you need speeds, why don't you get a Range Rover supercharged sports or an X3M or an ML63AMG?

1 Like

Re: Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 20, 2015
cecegorz:

You try, but HL aint as fast as rav-4 engine for engine. HL are bigger heavier than Rav4 and have wide gear ratios to aid silent cruise and maximize fuel economy while sacrificing swift acceleration
Re: Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by auhanson(m): 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
Kashif:

What year is your Highlander? If it is 2007 or earlier, it is no match for a 2006-2012 Rav4 V6. Even if its 2008 or later, Those Ravs are faster because they havehave lighter bodies. It is a 269hp vs 215hp, or lower, depending on the year. The pikin wet say him papa barn na the biggest never see another one.

Talking about 160mph, any sound car with 200mph on its speedo can do that. We are talking of acceleration.

In 2007, Toyota made a giant stride in her Camry platform, at such made a major breakthrough in her camry sedan for once in performances, electronics and handling. This is the same platform upon which the 2007 highlander and above is built on, so you do not expect anything less except for the boxy and a little more heavier weight of the highlander compared to the Camry sedan but not too good economy compared to the lighter Rav4.

1 Like

Re: Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by Crixie(m): 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
PLS Carry the highlander without thinking twice
Re: Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 by chillex8(m): 4:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
Don't you like the mitsubishi outlander

(1) (Reply)

Car Models And Prices! / How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. / Which Car Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.