Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit (1927 Views)

Scam Of Gnld In Form Of Marphon Nigeria Limited / My Experience In A Deceived Job Interview In Lagos(gnld Now Neolife Networking) / Is Dis Another Form Of GNLD? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by 2great: 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
It is with great anger and pity for the future of Nigeria that I type this. There has been recently on the increase the numbers of fake and annoying job interviews being conducted by some youths in Lagos. They come up with several unregistered and unverifiable company names e.g New Ace Ltd, Mantledox logistics etc, send job interview invite to several graduates and end up preaching financial freedom in the name of health/wellness product marketing(GNLD especially) after wasting their time, money and energy.
In as much as everyone is entitled to choose his or her type of job/business; I refuse to accept wicked and unfair manners of deceiving people into accepting your mode of business in the form of an opportunity which was never even enough for you and your entire family.
They start either by distributing a "vision-goal questions" for applicants to answer within specified time or start some endless motivational talk and how they resigned from their office jobs to partner with the current company. They tell you "no room for questions until after the phase.." emphasising your attitude should be 100% and share already known stories of Robert Kiyosaki, Dangote and co.
The question that keep coming to me are: Does any good job need persuasion, secrecy and deceit? Does any genuine job interview start with preaching/motivational talk?? Will Shell,Mobil,Banks, Schools, FMCGS any other reliable organisation waste your time telling you your certificates do not matter and hiding what line of business they are into for the first 3hours of interview I must say this is unfair and frustrating helpless Nigerian graduates. Imagine the case of a someone that left her 6month old baby travelling from Badagry to Opebi, Ikeja only to discover it is GNLD which she had done sometimes 10years ago meanwhile they had lied to her on phone that it's not MLM but a human resources mgt company. A similar case for a friend that travelled all the way from Abuja, only to discover it's this same people.

I had personally attended like 3times within a week even when I'm employed wt income of about 6digits and ofcourse looking for career progression to be better. The question is can we still trust the likes of jobberman, ngcareers and other career site that gets our full data How do these faceless people gets contact of victims?? Why won't they come out confidently and openly to showcase what they are doing and let people join freely without duress. If they are so much financially free why can't they extend it to the rest of their family members and neighbours before calling people from far to come and eat of their wealth

While I really wish a message can be communicated to job site owners on the need to screen and confirm the content of their posts, I would wish to meet an army of youths ready to fight and beat these people up someday if they don't stop all their wicked and deceitful acts.

Clue on detecting and not falling for their scam:
*google the name of the company first before attending
*Look out for statements like "we need potentials and not your certificate"
*Right attitude is our core value
*you need to be your own boss and earn unrealistic income which obviously do not show in their appearance.
*Do not relate with other applicant so they don't discourage you until the end.
*you will see people standing up and leaving once they start their preaching.

There are so much to say but time won't just permit. My advise to Nigerian graduates is to be careful and cautious in sending their biodata/CVs. Never let all these discourage you however from attending other interviews because you would never know which one is genuine.

May God bless our hustle and bring us a new Nigeria come 2015 that would no longer subject graduates to all these frustrations cum ridicule.

To those of you deceiving people for MLM as genuine jobs; repent or you get killed someday soon by sets of angry jobseekers. A good wine needs no bush; Garri ijebu needs no advert to sell, okay! Be warned before I start attending interviews with thugs to tear you apart.

13 Likes

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
lol, its funny how you sounded in your last line, but I think it Worth's it.

Thanks for the advice all the way, more grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
Bro I feel you I left ibadan to Lagos because I got an interview I spend much money with all that it Gnld i just stop going to interview

1 Like

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by kelvine(m): 6:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
With high expectation that ''oh now I will be getting a job'' I borrowed a suit, spent almost all night revising Gmat questions, went through serious traffic, got there sweaty and anxious only to attend a job interview that became a seminar at No 9 Oremeji Street Isolo Lagos. After borrowing a suit and transport fare to attend a job interview you are telling me to pay 8,500 naira to get trained.

It is not a pleasant experience not having a job especially when you are older than 25,life appears on fast forward and you seem just an observer. MLM businesses exploits the frustration of job seekers making a marketer out of them in a product that has little or no economic value. If there was a ready market or demand for the goods being sold there would not have been need wrapping it round a multilevel networking fraud. To the unemployed- ,this is your year don't give up.

4 Likes

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by Estorico: 7:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
Thanks op for expressing your mind. Honestly I really don't blame these guys. The situation of this country has really made graduates to take up jobs for as low as 15k all in the name of 'start from somewhere syndrome'. Employment agencies asking graduates to pay 2 to 3k before getting jobs for them and even deducting 20% from their first month salary. Its really disheartening seeing all these. May God help us all!

1 Like

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
I can fully understand what the OP is saying. The nature of my work takes me to GNLD almost all the time and I smile when I hear them brainwash people (graduates inclusive).

I can vividly remember how one "brainwasher" was telling the "brainwashees" that three R's happen to those who work for people.

1. It's either you retire
2. You're retrenched.
3. You resign.

You're shielded from those three R's when you work with them.

According to him, your boss might tell you he doesn't like red clothes and if red is your favourite colour, you just can't wear it.

He might tell you he doesn't like palm slippers and if that's what you like putting on, you just can't.

Working with GNLD however, you become your own boss. He then starts showing them vehicles of people parked in the premises who bought those vehicles courtesy of GNLD.

I had several questions running through my mind begging for answers. If this stuff is as profitable as the dude will have them believe, why is he wasting so much time trying to persuade them?

If it's so profitable, why does he not have an office address on the island.

If it's so profitable, where is his own car?

If it's so profitable, why do they have to deceive lots of unsuspecting graduates into attending their recruitment?

How these questions skip those who manage to stay till the end of the lecture baffles me.

More baffling is how those who are supposed to know better (graduates I mean) manage to fall victim. All it takes to expose them is simply a Google search of the address

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by smudge2079(m): 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
Gnld bastards...d ground shall break when dey bury dem.

1 Like

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by DWJOBScom(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2015
It's not funny anymore o - I spend time finding them on forums and alerting people who they truly are

1 Like

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by dhantey324(m): 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
Some of them now have website, so guys please wisen up...

1 Like

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by ednut1(m): 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
bastard pple. if nt for Nairaland i wud hv been a victim. nov 2013 toyin street bastard were disturbing me. i sent a text. remove me from ur list. d fool replied 2013 is almost over wat hv u achieved, u will die jobless grin

1 Like

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by scarplanet(m): 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
Well done Op on this post... this really should serve as an eye opener for people that keep falling prey to these individuals. Indeed the best cure to this disease is VIGILANCE. And like dhantey said, and I agree, they now have a website so one has to be even more vigilant these days. Search engines like Google and ask.com should help clear any doubt.

In your post though, you asked/made some questions/comments...
1. Good jobs, especially experienced hire (and a few entry level) needs persuasion from the employers especially when the applicant is so experienced and have alot to offer the firm. You would be surprised at the way they persuade and entice these experienced applicants so as to make them join the firm. But on whether a job should be secret and deceitful, a no no
2. It might not necessarily be called "motivational talks", but a few interviews I have attended (not only job interviews) can start by encouraging the interviewee, telling the values of the company, and how to fit in properly. One could term that motivational talk you know?
3. No, I don't think jobberman and ngcareers can be trusted anymore. Personally I dont value them especially jobberman. Ideally, one must not even register and drop ones bio data. Just visit the site as a guest, get these jobs and search on Google first before applying. That said, not all job sites are bad; let's not discredit all of them.
4. If a firm confidently and openly tells you to come join them in selling paracetamol and procold, will you be willing to? Dont worry, I already know your response grin
5. I bet they already have some of their jobless neighbours and family members in their rank. They just need more people they can harass into giving up #8500.
6. Finally, Job sites cannot screen thousands of jobs posted on daily basis. Besides the truth is that they want more people to post jobs (whether real or fake) on their sites so that they can remain relevant and get more hits. As for youths fighting and beating them up; when the youths start fighting these wicked politicians for their rights, then I will be they have the mind to fight those GNLD folks cheesy

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by opeyemmmy(m): 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
ednut1:
bastard pple. if nt for Nairaland i wud hv been a victim. nov 2013 toyin street bastard were disturbing me. i sent a text. remove me from ur list. d fool replied 2013 is almost over wat hv u achieved, u will die jobless grin
shocked grin cheesy
Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by kelvine(m): 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hello all,especially the OP. someone has just opened a thread claiming you can earn 500k per month. Let us watch out and help the gullible. Don't be quick at insulting him just observe and follow the thread to understand their new mode of operation.

Here is the address- https://www.nairaland.com/2100289/how-make-n500k-per-week

1 Like

Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
Re: Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 09, 2016
Please don't let those false messages discourage you from getting a good opportunity. I used to think so too, the thing is that most of them use false means to recruit people, that's the problem. There is someone I know, no one told me, I know her directly, she got that kind of text, but she deleted it, she got it again, then she went because of condition. My dear, it was actually a health organization sponsored by WHO, SAB and ACDC, trying to eradicate chronic disease in subsaharan West African countries. To cut the long story short, she has not been up to a year there, and she has almost finished building a two story building. This one I know her, it's not 'hear say', and she has a chance to travel abroad with one member of her family, everything fully paid for, and other benefits ooo...I shouted!!! Me I have joined the organization sef, I saw this with my korokoro eyes! I am in as am talking to you. Someone else has been there for about three months or so and he has bought a land. One has been there for like 13 months, and guess what he is giving as souvenir for his wedding? Customized iPads, refrigerators, etc. Everyone goes with something unique. My dear, since I saw, not heardooo, SAW, I joined immediately. If you doubt, you can meet the girl herself and the people I talked about and see their land, house, etc. I am in PH ATM, if you doubt, contact me with my email divyaempire22@gmail.com then I will show you you will see with your own eyes. Even if you are not in PH, we can make an arrangement. God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Recruited 1600 Into Immigration, Not Parradang – NIS Senior Officers / I Have A Job / Can One Make A Reprint Of Navy Short Service Application Form?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.