Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,814 members, 7,837,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Nigerian Rapper, Reminisce Slams Public, Stop Calling Us Indegenous Rappers. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Rapper, Reminisce Slams Public, Stop Calling Us Indegenous Rappers. (818 Views)

Stop Calling Men Broke, Beverly Osu Reprimands Girls / Peace Maria Francis: Stop Calling Me A Prostitute / We Are Not Local! Reminisce Slams Indigenous Rapper Tag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Rapper, Reminisce Slams Public, Stop Calling Us Indegenous Rappers. by gistblognaija(f): 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
Nigerian rapper Reminisce  speaks out about his dissatisfaction that a lot of people refer to him and a number of other rappers, as indigenous rappers.

Over the past few years there are a select number of artists who have stopped into the Nigerian music industry with the aim of promoting the African culture and language.

In an exclusive interview with HipHop World Magazine, the rapper however publicly stating that he will rather not be recognized for his use of Nigerian language – Yoruba – to rap.

He said, "Stop calling us indigenous rappers there is nothing like that, a rapper is a rapper, calling myself, Phyno, Olamide, Seriki, BaseOne, Lil Kesh and couple of others coming up local rapper is a way of suppressing or make us feel inferior, because Sarkodie is a rapper no one refers to him as indigenous rapper. 
If you cannot call him a local rapper then don't call any of us local or indigenous rapper. Over the years, we've been able to overturn the rap game, we've been able to change perception as regards if you cannot rap in English you cannot be a rap god or king and it's been a collective effort. Things has really change people can now know who the real hiphop guys are unlike before when if you can rap in English you won't get endorsement. And we feel very proud to be the rave of the moment".

www.gistblognaija.com/2015/01/nigerian-rapper-reminisce-slams-public.html

Re: Nigerian Rapper, Reminisce Slams Public, Stop Calling Us Indegenous Rappers. by midolian(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
I no know when lizard enter water wey hin dey form say hin be crrocodile
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Reminisce Slams Public, Stop Calling Us Indegenous Rappers. by Unionised(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
FTC, don't be a belly-ache.

He's very right.

Bad belle! cool
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Reminisce Slams Public, Stop Calling Us Indegenous Rappers. by seangy4konji: 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
Alaga ibile.

Ibile united.
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Reminisce Slams Public, Stop Calling Us Indegenous Rappers. by axortedbabe(f): 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
when him finish with that thing wey him dey smoke,then I go listen to am,but for now,i no go listen to him..

(1) (Reply)

Amber Rose Explains Why Her Family Didn't Show Up For Her Wedding To Wiz Khalifa / Lupita Nyong'o: RHOA Star Kenya Moore Says Actress Is Rude And Snobbish / Kaffy's Son Meets Gov. Fashola(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.