Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

SAD: Beauty Queen Dies While Undergoing Free Plastic Surgery She Won In The Page - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / SAD: Beauty Queen Dies While Undergoing Free Plastic Surgery She Won In The Page (2120 Views)

Agbani Darego Shares Throwback Picture From Miss World Campaign She Won / Mercy Aigbe Undergoing CT Brain Scan Over Head Injury (Medical Report) / Sad! Beauty Queen ‘whose Boyfriend Threw Ac!d On Her Face’ Reveals Her Shocking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAD: Beauty Queen Dies While Undergoing Free Plastic Surgery She Won In The Page by Chanchit: 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
A young beauty queen thought her pageant
prize of free plastic surgery was to die for —
until it actually killed her.
Catherine Cando Cornejo – a gorgeous 19-
year-old who won “Queen of Duran” in
Ecuador in October – died Saturday while
having abdominal liposuction in Guayaquil.
According to NY Post: The brunette stunner
was admitted to a Guayaquil clinic at 8:23
a.m. – hoping to slim one inch from her
already small waist.
But nearly 10 hours later her family was
notified that she had died.
They claim it was due to medical
malpractice.
“The doctor insisted on several occasions and
convinced her to undergo surgery” her
brother Daniel Zavala Cornejo said.
“She was thinking about letting someone else
have it as a freebie but eventually she agreed
to have it just to get him off her back,” he
said
According to Carlos Reyes, a family lawyer –
the beauty queen, who was also a student
and a model, died of cerebral edema
(swelling of the brain).
“The clinic lawyer said the death was due to
cardiac arrest — but we have a copy of the
autopsy and it turns out the cause was stated
as cerebral edema; this is presumably due to
problems with anesthesia,” Reyes said.
The surgery was awarded as part of the
winning prize in the pageant.
But a spokesman for the mayor of Duran said
the doctor who performed the operation was
one of the judges at the pageant and offered
to give the pageant winner a $1,000 coupon
for surgery.
“I was told she had died of a brain edema,
but the clinic staff told her relatives that she
had died of a cardiac arrest. We made it clear
that the prizes we hand out, our prizes, were
a car and tablet,” he said.
www.sugardaily.ng/sad-beauty-queen-dies-while-having-free-plastic-surgery-she-won-in-the-pageant/

Re: SAD: Beauty Queen Dies While Undergoing Free Plastic Surgery She Won In The Page by sam4(m): 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hell ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: SAD: Beauty Queen Dies While Undergoing Free Plastic Surgery She Won In The Page by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
Chai! It's quite unfortunate for her because, her pix on Angel Michael's laptop will not match her recent appearance. So, she's finished like finish..
Re: SAD: Beauty Queen Dies While Undergoing Free Plastic Surgery She Won In The Page by otbliz(m): 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
Stella obasanjo awaits her with a welcome party.

1 Like

Re: SAD: Beauty Queen Dies While Undergoing Free Plastic Surgery She Won In The Page by hahn(m): 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
Apparently beauty and brains are still keeping malice. Well, what can I say, one less dumbo to worry about
Re: SAD: Beauty Queen Dies While Undergoing Free Plastic Surgery She Won In The Page by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
Tragic. In that part of the world, girls as young as 9 have surgeries to reduce the length of their intestines just so they can grow up to be beauty queens. Smh
Re: SAD: Beauty Queen Dies While Undergoing Free Plastic Surgery She Won In The Page by enoqueen: 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
Stella obasanjo's group.
Re: SAD: Beauty Queen Dies While Undergoing Free Plastic Surgery She Won In The Page by dkronicle(m): 11:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
I hope God wont allow my fnds, me and my family to win that kind of award.

(1) (Reply)

Naija Babe Ella Flaunts Her Massive Oranges / 14-yr-old Boy Rapes 16-yr-old Girl, Then Burnt Her Alive / Check This beauty queen out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.